#1 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#2 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:35 AM

it was from behind all the way he should get 5 but he'll most likely get 2.

#3 mahimahi23

mahimahi23

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:00 AM

One or two games. Definitely from behind, but not really that vicious. Did Kaleta have to leave the game with an injury?

#4 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:50 AM

One or two games. Definitely from behind, but not really that vicious.

Agreed. It was worth 5 and a game for sure, maybe an extra game.

Obviously Blake should've stopped, but I see what he was anticipating Kaleta would do.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#5 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:23 AM

hard to tell with the slow-mo.

real speed it looks a bit more vicious, though the video is crap and kaleta is known for selling things.

Posted Image

#6 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:29 AM

Kaleta sold it big time. He was already against the boards when he was hit. Its a 2 minute penalty maximum and everyone gets on with their life.

No suspension required.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#7 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

Kaleta sold it big time. He was already against the boards when he was hit. Its a 2 minute penalty maximum and everyone gets on with their life.

No suspension required.

Um, in serious disagreement here. He seen his numbers the whole time and gave him and elbow near the back of the head to boot. JB better be getting some time off...

#8 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

1-2 games; I chose 2. As mahimahi (free mahi mahi, free mahi mahi... if you will) said, it wasn't an overly vicious hit. He saw the numbers the whole time, but he also seemed to let up a lot, unless he's really just that weak. Blake's not exactly what you'd call a repeat offender either, as far as I can remember.

EDIT: Spelling and emphasis on the mahi mahi

Edited by Jesusberg, 22 December 2010 - 10:24 AM.

#9 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

1-2 games; I chose 2. As mahimahi (free mahi mahi, free mahi mahi... if you will) said, it wasn't an overly vicious hit. He saw the numbers the whole time, but he also seemed to let up a lot, unless he's really just that weak. Blake's not exactly what you'd call a repeat offender either, as far as I can remember.

EDIT: Spelling and emphasis on the mahi mahi

Yeah this.

Glided in so no real speed or intent to do damage. Just his head snaps back which makes it look worse than it is.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#10 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

2 Games for sure. Your basic hit from behind, I do think Kaleta sold it a bit, but it doesn't matter on a textbook hit from behind!

#11 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:53 PM

No suspension required.

He definitely sold it, not coming back for the rest of the game. That's serious commitment to faking an injury.

#12 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:10 PM

Aparently there is another angle that shows kaleta looking at blake before he gets hit, that doesn't take away from it being a boarding but kaleta knew it was coming, shoudl have been a penalty, but not a suspension
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#13 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:12 PM

Doesn't the GM also mean he has to miss one game anyways, or am I thinking of a different penalty?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#14 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

Doesn't the GM also mean he has to miss one game anyways, or am I thinking of a different penalty?

At least at lower levels, what you're describing is a match penalty. Under NHL rules, accumulating 3 GMs results in an automatic 1 game suspension, with each additional GM increasing the suspension by 1 game.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#15 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:54 AM

At least at lower levels, what you're describing is a match penalty. Under NHL rules, accumulating 3 GMs results in an automatic 1 game suspension, with each additional GM increasing the suspension by 1 game.

Ah thanks!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#16 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:22 AM

No suspension required.

Seriously?

He definitely sold it, not coming back for the rest of the game. That's serious commitment to faking an injury.

Agreed
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1