• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Datsyuk out 4-5 weeks with broken bone in hand

Rate this topic

Here's one option that could be used, if you make only minor adjustments to the lines used against Vancouver and bring in Draper in Dats' roster spot:

Cleary/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Abdelkader/Filppula/Eaves

Franzen/Hudler/Bertuzzi

Draper/Helm/Miller

Hudler takes Dats' spot, centering two big, defensively capable wingers. Eaves takes Hudler's spot, putting his fleet feet and quick shot on Filppula's wing. Draper fills the gap Eaves leaves on the fourth line.

I don't think Franzen will be on the third line

ok - so all is not lost. This minor tragedy can be turned into a victory if a few things happen: 1) Babcock plays the guys that deserve to play (not Hudler) 2) Franzen, Flip and Burt actually play like they deserve to be on top 6 forwards on an NHL team. 3) Bring up some kids

I don't think Franzen will be on the third line

I listed four lines. I didn't say "first line, second line, third line" etc. In fact, it doesn't matter which you perceive as what because regardless of what line a player is on, he'll get as much time as the coach decides. Cleary has spent most of his time this season on the third line, yet he has spent all season in the top six for Wings forwards for even strength TOI. Who is he in place of? First-liner Tomas Holmstrom.

Babcock would not sit there with Franzen on the bench for 50 minutes and that's not what I'm suggesting. I simply posted three lines with only a minor adjustment from tonight's lines, and that they were probably worth trying.

ok - so all is not lost. This minor tragedy can be turned into a victory if a few things happen: 1) Babcock plays the guys that deserve to play (not Hudler) 2) Franzen, Flip and Burt actually play like they deserve to be on top 6 forwards on an NHL team. 3) Bring up some kids

To be fair, all 3 of them are top 6 among forwards in points on this team.

Oh God... Not that stupid Hudler at center nonsense again. Write a new song, Eva.

Hudler was considered the most talented center in his draft year. He is a natural center and perfectly capable of playing center. He may not be the best option, but a line of Franzen/Hudler/Bertuzzi would work out quite well with Jiri in the middle.

hudler isnt strong enough to be a center.

Actually he is. At the AHL level. Last I checked, the Wings are an NHL team. But hey if they want to send Hudler to GR for a conditioning stint or whatever then that's fine by me.

Here's one option that could be used, if you make only minor adjustments to the lines used against Vancouver and bring in Draper in Dats' roster spot:

Cleary/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Abdelkader/Filppula/Eaves

Franzen/Hudler/Bertuzzi

Draper/Helm/Miller

Hudler takes Dats' spot, centering two big, defensively capable wingers. Eaves takes Hudler's spot, putting his fleet feet and quick shot on Filppula's wing. Draper fills the gap Eaves leaves on the fourth line.

Hudler will never play center on this team. Accept it and move on.

Most nights these guys skate around waiting for Z and D to make the difference.

Except for the first half of the season. Players go through streaks. Looks like vFlip is on his way up. Franzen showed some jump towards the end of the 4rd, and Bert had a beauty of a 2v1 assist.

Edited by Konnan511

Except for the first half of the season. Players go through streaks. Looks like vFlip is on his way up. Franzen showed some jump towards the end of the 4rd, and Bert had a beauty of a 2v1 assist.

I concede that Bert has connected well w/ Cleary all season. However, Burt and Franzen both need to go to the net and use their bodies more. Both of those guys are beasts when they decide to play physical. If they decide to be hard on the puck then our D, much like Vancouvers, can jump into the play. But, hey...Its not the playoffs. And we all know the euros + burt under perform during the regular season.

hudler isnt strong enough to be a center.

looks like sammy slide tackled him what a ****** this isnt soccer *****

I wasn't aware strength was a requirement to be a center specifically as compared to playing the wing. You would think I would know about that, having played primarily center for a couple decades now. I can understand the size and strength preference of having someone like Getzlaf or Thornton to a Hudler or Comrie. I get that. But that doesn't make Hudler incapable of playing center. And if you had been paying attention, I specifically put him on the line Datsyuk had been centering because it was between Franzen and Bertuzzi; two big strong wingers. Remember; Gretzky was small, but he had big strong wingers.

I wasn't aware strength was a requirement to be a center specifically as compared to playing the wing. You would think I would know about that, having played primarily center for a couple decades now. I can understand the size and strength preference of having someone like Getzlaf or Thornton to a Hudler or Comrie. I get that. But that doesn't make Hudler incapable of playing center. And if you had been paying attention, I specifically put him on the line Datsyuk had been centering because it was between Franzen and Bertuzzi; two big strong wingers. Remember; Gretzky was small, but he had big strong wingers.

Hudler and Gretzky should never be in the same sentence.

Merry fxxing Christmas...Well time for Z to keep carrying the play, and time for Flips, Bert, and Mule to step up. Yeah this hurts the lineup..but this gives these guys rotating in and out to step up. Sucks that Dats was on pace for a lot of rewards.. let's just all hope for a quick recovery.

Edited by Vladiator

f***ity f*** f*** ******* s***balls f***.

I guess the silver lining is it happened now so he'll be back with time to get it going again for the playoffs.

That's an understatement :P He'll have two months of hockey to get ready for the playoffs.