• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Call up Ilari Filppula?

Rate this topic

Filppula would be the best bet as he has great composer and could fill in nicely for Datsyuk. Or Mursak since he is very talented offensively and superb defensively.

You do realise he's been out for 2 weeks and is still out with a knee injury?

Plus, he wouldn't be my first choice, probably my third choice, maybe fourth.

Yes, but you were talking up iFlip as if he had been clearly the team's top player, when he hasn't been. I was just making all the information available.

iFlip has been the most consistent, though. He's been putting up points consistently, while Mursak and Tatar (I know he wasn't talked about) got like 80% of their points in 3 games or so.

Guest Stolberg

if they even call someone up, i think it will be the older and more experienced player

Edited by Stolberg

I think Mursak is going to be called up. He has been in the AHL longer and has earned it (not to say I. Flip hasn't).

This is what I think too. It would kind of go against the wings loyalty to their players to just call up the old guy who has played half a season in Grand Rapids when Mursak is playing just as good offensively, and is younger.

Plus I think Mursak is better s uited for playing the fourth line type role if he has too while other guys from the current roster get their roles boosted.

Mursak can play a rough and tumble energy role, thats somethingI dont think Iflip can do.

Guest Stolberg
It would kind of go against the wings loyalty to their players to just call up the old guy who has played half a season in Grand Rapids

doug-janik-03jpg-3489d81f8601b024_medium.jpg

This is what I think too. It would kind of go against the wings loyalty to their players to just call up the old guy who has played half a season in Grand Rapids when Mursak is playing just as good offensively, and is younger.

Plus I think Mursak is better s uited for playing the fourth line type role if he has too while other guys from the current roster get their roles boosted.

Mursak can play a rough and tumble energy role, thats somethingI dont think Iflip can do.

My thinking is this. If Holland wants a top six player to come up, it has to be iFlip. If they want a Red Wing third line, it has to be Mursak. If they just want a 4th liner, you should call-up Owens.

Wings make "call up"

DETROIT, Michigan -- The Detroit Red Wings recalled defenseman Jakub Kindl from the Grand Rapids Griffins on Wednesday night.

Kindl was sent to Grand Rapids for a conditioning stint on December 9, after being left out of Detroit's lineup as a healthy scratch for over a month. In eight Griffins games he had a goal and four assists.

well Flip snr and emmerton are both getting 0.83 ppg so i say its a draw !!!

I'd call up Tatar, he's the most dynamic player of the forwards in GR.

Wings make "call up"

8 games 1+4 and a -5 for Kindl, some things dont seem to change.

Yes, but you were talking up iFlip as if he had been clearly the team's top player, when he hasn't been. I was just making all the information available.

If you were really making all the information available...

Filppula: 30 games, 12G, 13A

Emmerton: 23 games, 6G, 13A

Both 0.83 ppg.

:thumbup:

well Flip snr and emmerton are both getting 0.83 ppg so i say its a draw !!!

I'd call up Tatar, he's the most dynamic player of the forwards in GR.

How do you plan on calling up someone who is injured?

iFlip has been the most consistent player on the Griffins and also the most clutch.

No to iFlip, hes a career AHLer, time to let the prospects get some NHL time under their belts.

Based on your expert opinion? Did you say the same thing about Leino? iFlip will be an NHL player, and he will be a decent 3rd/2nd line player to boot.

How do you plan on calling up someone who is injured?

iFlip has been the most consistent player on the Griffins and also the most clutch.

Based on your expert opinion? Did you say the same thing about Leino? iFlip will be an NHL player, and he will be a decent 3rd/2nd line player to boot.

Based on his age and his place on the depth chart for the wings. I should make my point clear, hes I don't see him ever being on the big team since Detroit has become very deep in forwards because of good drafts the last few years.

Edited by Shaman464

If you were really making all the information available...

Filppula: 30 games, 12G, 13A

Emmerton: 23 games, 6G, 13A

Both 0.83 ppg.

:thumbup:

And coming into tonight's game, iFlip's PPG was 0.793 because he had 29 GP, 10-13-23. So two points over the next four games for Ilari?

Care to tell me exactly what your point is?

My only point initially in responding was to clarify the suggestion that iFlip was the best offensive performer on the team to date. As far as calling him up, I think people, especially the "Flip slappies" as some might say, seem to think that once he is brought up he will be as good as his brother, and that we aren't looking at a Wayne/Brent situation.

Based on his age and his place on the depth chart for the wings. I should make my point clear, hes I don't see him ever being on the big team since Detroit has become very deep in forwards because of good drafts the last few years.

I see him on the team next year with our departures if we re-sign him. We have 2 RFAs next year that WILL be on the team (Mursak/Emmerton). Tatar won't be because he still has options available. Will the possibilities of Draper, Modano, Holmstrom, Miller, Hudler all either being let go or retiring or being traded, who else would you call up? iFlip of course! Jordan Owens may get a look as well.

He's a lot higher on the depth chart than you may realize, too. This year he's been the best, most consistent, Griffin. Last year he was the best player in the SML. He's pretty high on the depth chart.

My only point initially in responding was to clarify the suggestion that iFlip was the best offensive performer on the team to date. As far as calling him up, I think people, especially the "Flip slappies" as some might say, seem to think that once he is brought up he will be as good as his brother, and that we aren't looking at a Wayne/Brent situation.

What's more impressive, a guy with a PPG of 1.0 for 80 games, or a guy with a PPG of 1 during 40 games? The guy who did it longer. I know this is an extreme case, but it had to be done to get this point across:

iFlip has been the best offensive player on the Griffins.

I don't think he'll be as good as his brother. He's not nearly quick enough, but iFlip has better vision, a better shot, and a better pass. He'd be an admirable call-up.

Edited by Konnan511