• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/23 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Blues 4

Rate this topic

Osgood hasn't played well since the Wings lost Game 7 to Pittsburgh. Last season he had some of the worst stats any goalie has had in the past 10 years. This year, he's looking the same. Osgood is not a competent back-up.

And Howard has been lighting up the rink with his play?

And the defense has been competent?

Guest Heaten

Osgood hasn't played well since the Wings lost Game 7 to Pittsburgh. Last season he had some of the worst stats any goalie has had in the past 10 years. This year, he's looking the same. Osgood is not a competent back-up.

If Osgood is not a competent back-up then you must think Howard is not a competent starter.

He barely touched him!!! I haven't seen diving that bad since the last time I watched International soccer.

COME ON PK!

If you hook/hold/etc. another player, it's a penalty whether they dive or not. Diving is a penalty in its own right, and should be called much more often, but if a player dives on a legit penalty it does not negate the existence of the original penalty.

This year, he's looking the same. Osgood is not a competent back-up.

Osgood has been fine, and has outplayed Howard for the past month or more.

Could I get some more Howie and less Ozzie, please?

Not the way Howard and Ozzie have been playing, respectively. At this rate, it'll probably be the reverse.

Guest mindfly

Lidstrom a minus player for the season, world is upside down... or maybe the age finally caught up with him.. probably a combination of both age and team can't play defense anymore.

i miss the hoss. He sure was fun to watch play.

I missed him during the 2009 playoffs. Where was he?

Missed the game, but I can't be the only one making the connection between McCrimmon and the total lack of defense ever since he came here? In my mind that's the only reason world-class defensemen like Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall and Stuart can so often put in great individual efforts and still come up short.

Plus, Howard is looking very average. I hope Ozzie at least played well to justify him getting more starts.

No you are not. There are other people making the same silly connection. How was the defense between the Olympics last year and the first of December this year?

So if McCrimmon is the problem what happened in March, April, October and November? Last I checked McCrimmon was running the defense through those months and we did pretty good.

Oh for Christ's sake. Ozzie has had a couple of outstanding games this year against Chicago and against New Jersey. Your hate is blinding you..

Guest mindfly

Oh for Christ's sake. Ozzie has had a couple of outstanding games this year against Chicago and against New Jersey. Your hate is blinding you..

Only on LGW...Only on LGW :lol:

Edited by mindfly

You're wrong.

Ozzy was terrible last season, but much to your disappointment I'm sure, he's been good this season. He has not looked the same as last year at all.

The Wings need to improve in their own end, imho. They go to the boards in the offensive zone, but it seems to me that in their own end they kind of hover near the circles or in front of the net....almost standing still. I hope they stop that. Pylons on the D make it so much harder for a netminder.

Osgood has definitely been better this season. He has had some soft goals, but his play has, at a bare minimum proven that he's an extremely capable back-up. I just want to get this #400 out of the way.

Usually I can watch the game, but unfortunately, for this game I have to be one of "those people" who just watches the highlights and judges. Last night he looked less than stellar. Maybe the pressure of this win is affecting him?

Guest mindfly

What gives you the impression that those weren't good games for him?

The first game of the season against chicago, the whole team was great, osgood did what he had to do, and the game against the worst team in the nhl you mean.. erhm ok if you say so :rolleyes:

I personally think he's too much of an oldschool goaltender and is Very small in the net, it's not hard for the opposition to pick their spots against him... a goal the other night went right through him, it was pretty bad.

Edited by mindfly

You're wrong.

Ozzy was terrible last season, but much to your disappointment I'm sure, he's been good this season. He has not looked the same as last year at all.

I'm wrong?

This season: 8 GP, 3W, 3L. Sv%: .895, GAA: 2.84

Which is good for like 40th in the league. You can't call this "good".

I'm wrong?

This season: 8 GP, 3W, 3L. Sv%: .895, GAA: 2.84

Which is good for like 40th in the league. You can't call this "good".

ooooh a stat checker.

Talk to me when you've watched a few games. Ozzy's been fine, and arguably as good as Howard has lately. The Wings need to work on team defense.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

ooooh a stat checker.

Talk to me when you've watched a few games. Ozzy's been fine, and arguably as good as Howard has lately. The Wings need to work on team defense.

Well, if you were awake during "Probability and Statistics 101" you would know that one of the most important thing is the sample size. You cannot draw any conclusions about a goalie's statistics based on 8 games.

The original post was that "he has not had a good game since game 7 of the 2009 SCF" and that my friends is just plain wrong.

He has not been consistantly good through his 8 games this year but he has had a couple of very good games.

As far as Mr. Negativity Mindfly's comments about them not counting because they were early in the season and against a bad team, well those are just stupid comments but that's Mindfly who last week said that Philly never gets blown out and he said that 2 days before the 5-0 loss to the awesome Florida Panthers.

The first game of the season against chicago, the whole team was great, osgood did what he had to do, and the game against the worst team in the nhl you mean.. erhm ok if you say so :rolleyes:

I personally think he's too much of an oldschool goaltender and is Very small in the net, it's not hard for the opposition to pick their spots against him... a goal the other night went right through him, it was pretty bad.

hahahah.

Did you see the 2 goals that Z scored against Luongo. Now those were bad goals..

But Luogo is an awesome goaltender...

why doesnt babs put the old defensive lines back together? cause theyre obv not working now

lids raf

kron stu

E salei

I don't understand why he doesn't, its really starting to piss me off. Raffi is making a ton of mistakes, I would rather Lidstrom be the one to cover them than any other D on the team. Stuart is more of a defensive defensemen and Kronner is more offensive, it only makes sense they player together not to mention the chemistry they used to have was good. It really suprises me a coach like him hasn't already tried to fix the big problem with the team so far and thats the defense, there getting caught 2 on1 all the time, turning the puck over in there own zone WAY too much, not getting the puck up ice like we've seen the last few years.

He keeps messing around with the forward lines, it just makes sense if thats not working to try the defensive pairings as thats where alot of the mistakes have been made in the last 5 or so games. One of the biggest things this year that has pissed me off the most though is the D not clearing the front of the net. The last 2 games 4 goals have been resulted in people standing in front of the net left wide open (Kesler to Sedin twice, and 2 deflections from 2 different St Louis players). You can blame the goaltenders only so long, but if the turnovers in there own zone don't exist and the players screening/deflecting shots in front of the net are eliminated the team would have won majority of the games this month imo.

I've noticed that it generally takes the team two or more tries to clear their defensive zone lately. I'm going to count next game, but it seemed like it was a dozen+ times in the last two games I've watched a per game.

Draper's looking better imo..