• Please log in to reply
495 replies to this topic

#181 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

Reminds me, a quick aside...you heard the Flaming Lips' cover album of Dark Side of the Moon?

I've heard it. Now ask me if I think it's anything more than a steaming pile of turds.

(the answer is no)

Edited by Electrophile, 23 December 2010 - 08:54 PM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#182 Joey v3.4

Joey v3.4

Stoned

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Rafalski gets a lot of points, but he is TERRIBLE defensively. The last 3 games I've watched, I could pin down 4 goals which were 100% his fault.

Osgood and Rafalksi should both retire after this season. Rafalski's 6 million cap hit could be used much more effectively.

He is losing his defensive edge. He didn't use to make so many mistakes defensively. He won't have Lidstroms longevity by any means.

I think Rafalski should possibly get a reduced roll. Just shave a few minutes off his 5 on 5 time, but keep him steady on the PP. I don't remember if I've seen him on the PK recently, but he should maybe not do much time on the PK either. Use his offensive skil, but keep him out of obvious defensive situations.

Edited by Joey v3.4, 23 December 2010 - 08:55 PM.

And Boom goes the Dynamite.

#183 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

How is our PK ranked 14th? I'm surprised it's even that high.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#184 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

You have to buy the DvDs, so worth it, especially the Live in Gdansk.

I have Remember That Night and Live in Gdansk. I also have a bootleg from nearly every show on that tour. I think I'm only missing 3 or 4 dates. Love it, love it, love it.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#185 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

I have Remember That Night and Live in Gdansk. I also have a bootleg from nearly every show on that tour. I think I'm only missing 3 or 4 dates. Love it, love it, love it.

Yeah! Well, if you liked the post Waters era of Floyd, you better check out the Pulse DVD..im sure you have. :D

*I miss Datsyuk

Posted Image

#186 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

No I haven't. Link?

http://www.amazon.co...93155944&sr=8-1

I think Ozzie can shut it down for the rest of the game. Salei and Rafalski just need to actually play like defensemen and not Lebda.

ABV_sig.png

#187 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Lidstrom is currently a -1 on the season, first time in his 19 year career? unbelieveable... stop the hype already.

#188 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

Yeah! Well, if you liked the post Waters era of Floyd, you better check out the Pulse DVD..im sure you have. :D

*I miss Datsyuk

Oh, I've got PULSE.

I miss Pavs as well. You never know how important someone is to your team until they're gone for some reason.

#189 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

Hey guys hows about a little bit of belief!?!?

This is LGW! Logic and reason have no place here.

Grow some bipolar tendencies or hit the road! :hehe:
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#190 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

Lidstrom is currently a -1 on the season, first time in his 19 year career? unbelieveable... stop the hype already.

Mindfly, you are aware nobody takes you seriously. Right?

Posted Image

#191 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

Ok guys. Let's remember that the GDT is for discussing the game. As much as I love Pink Floyd, I'm sure we can find a more appropriate place in LGW to discuss that.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#192 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

Thank god the stat you to win the Norris trophy is points now...so whatever.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#193 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

PP upcoming.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#194 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

PP upcoming. High sticking.

ABV_sig.png

#195 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Ok, a powerplay!

Posted Image

#196 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

we currently have had very few effecive players lately, Dats/Z/Cleary/Lids all seemed to be the only ones really doing anything. Not that Flip/Mule/Abs/Helm/Eaves/Stu/Kronwall/Ericson/Howard are playing bad, but are just out there. The rest simply are useless
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#197 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,473 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

come on, Wings... make it a one goal lead. You can do this!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#198 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Ok guys. Let's remember that the GDT is for discussing the game. As much as I love Pink Floyd, I'm sure we can find a more appropriate place in LGW to discuss that.

Sorry about that Jedi, I'm following the game here not watching it, and I thought there was a break in the game. Mea culpa.

#199 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Ozzie with a huge save!!! Why do the Blues have the better chances on our PPs?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#200 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Was that Rafalski again???

Great save by oz
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s