• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
#19=Legend

How do you think the Wings will do without Dats?

Rate this topic

Last year we were hit pretty hard with injuries. Its not like were totally depleted of our roster now.. but its Datsyuk were talking about. hes has missed what.. 3 games since 07? been one of our top producers and makes everyone around him better.

lets say he is out for 5 weeks? how do you think the wings will do without him?

IMO i say they rally to the fact that a star player is out and people need to step up. i say they will be fine and continue to win. Players will step up.

Discuss

Zetterberg and Franzen haven't been scoring the way they should be this year, Filpulla isn't playing to his potential, and everyone is well aware of Huds' problems. There's plenty of OPPORTUNITY for the above four to turn things around and really start firing on all cylinders, and I expect they'll be the ones that Babs targets to take the brunt of Dats' ice time.

We'll be fine. We have enough leadership to lean on and compared to last year, having Dats and Modano out is a cakewalk.

Guest mindfly

I don't wanna see them play draper, put datsyuk on LTIR and bring up a worthy kid from GR.

If last season hadn't happened with all the injuries, I'd be like :scared: right now. But seeing how they rallied last year and got through all the injuries, I'm not worried at all right now. I think the young guys, and the veterans who haven't been playing the greatest hockey lately, will all get that motivation they need with this situation.

Guest mindfly

If last season hadn't happened with all the injuries, I'd be like :scared: right now. But seeing how they rallied last year and got through all the injuries, I'm not worried at all right now. I think the young guys, and the veterans who haven't been playing the greatest hockey lately, will all get that motivation they need with this situation.

It will be a little more boring watching the wings' games for a month or so now though.

It sucks, but its not the end of the world. Its a great chance for someone to step up and as long as he's 100% by April it'll be fine. Maybe the team, as a whole, can focus a little more on team defense knowing that we're not going to be getting his offense for a month.

I think that last night's game was a good example of how this injury will effect the team. I think that we'll be a lot of close games, but we are going to be able to pull through. Last night, the Wings could have easily given up and let Vancouver walk all over us. Honestly, I actually expected the Canucks to do that. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Wings battling for the remainder of the game despite falling behind twice after Dat's injury.

If Franzen doesn't start looking alive now I'll be incredibly disappointed. Him and Filppula need to fill big parts of the hole that Pav leaves.

Zetterberg also needs to be more consistant of an offensive threat. Can't go 2-3 games without doing much, and then have 4-5 points in one game.

Overall I'm sure the Wings will do okay. Fingers crossed that we don't start losing more guys while Pav is out though.

Guest mindfly

The wings will be without Datsyuk against philly early in january, i'm not gonna watch that game :scared:

Edited by mindfly

Guest Hatethedrake!

We need other players to start earning their paycheck anyway. Guys like Franzen, Filppula, Bert to name a few., I've given up on Hudler. He's a lost cause. I think Hank will step up the most and carry this team while Dats is out. Even when Dats comes back, he won't be able to shoot the puck very well. So we really need 2 months of Hank and the gang to step it up. Of course it doesn't hurt having #5 back there on the blueline. I can see Nick joining the rush a bit more now that more offense is needed. We'll be fine. If we're as good as we think we are then things should be ok. Howard needs to step up as well but the team as a whole needs to play better defensively and stop turning the puck over so much.

He's such a huge part of the team in all situations and such an impact player, that you don't lose a guy like that and just chug along, especially considering that only 4 of our next 15 games are at home and we have a VERY tough schedule over these next 4 weeks... it's going to hurt us... bad...

with that said, we have enough depth and talent elsewhere that the sky is not falling, but I think realistically, we should not expect more than about a .500 team with him gone... and even that I would consider a bonus all factors considered...

Edited by stevkrause

I don't wanna see them play draper, put datsyuk on LTIR and bring up a worthy kid from GR.

Close your eyes then

The wings will be without Datsyuk against philly early in january, i'm not gonna watch that game :scared:

Will you not post on LGW either?

The Wings will need to battle hard for the 8th playoff spot when Dats returns to the ice...

Well...that is how the loss of Dats feels to me right now.

Cheers,

Mr. Negative

Ah, Mindfly's 1st cousin.... Welcome

Guest mindfly

Close your eyes then

Will you not post on LGW either?

Ah, Mindfly's 1st cousin.... Welcome

Do you really think draper brings more to the team than let's say Mursak?

No just because you don't want to i'll still post on LGW :thumbup:

All the big boys need to start really playing now, Dats has been carrying the offensive load for this team all season. Now there are going to have to create there own plays, but I think they will be great. Especially Zetterberg.

I know you're a Datsyuk fan, but Zetterberg was carrying the team's offensive load earlier in the season. You might remember from when he was like 5 points above Datsyuk despite only about a quarter of the season played?

As for the "Zetterberg has not been performing offensively like he should" he is only 3 points behind Datsyuk. He is on pace for about 90 points. Datsyuk's on course for 97. Not very far apart. Yet Datsyuk is having some kind of wonderful season (which compares offensively to prior seasons he has had) and Z is disappointing offensively despite his pace for a career season. Z has carried the team for stretches during the first half, yet still gets no credit. Maybe it's because he isn't flashy?

I know you're a Datsyuk fan, but Zetterberg was carrying the team's offensive load earlier in the season. You might remember from when he was like 5 points above Datsyuk despite only about a quarter of the season played?

As for the "Zetterberg has not been performing offensively like he should" he is only 3 points behind Datsyuk. He is on pace for about 90 points. Datsyuk's on course for 97. Not very far apart. Yet Datsyuk is having some kind of wonderful season (which compares offensively to prior seasons he has had) and Z is disappointing offensively despite his pace for a career season. Z has carried the team for stretches during the first half, yet still gets no credit. Maybe it's because he isn't flashy?

I am also a Zetterberg fan-I sport his jersey every time they play-What I was going for there with "Especially Zetterberg" was that he will be the one who steps up the most in Datsyuks little hiatus. I agree his point production is great and no he isnt flashy-you also have to admit he gets less "flashy" every year which does worry me a little-but he is a leader and I can only assume hes about to really catch fire, we shall see tonite!

I think they've been trying to make a lot of fancy plays lately that haven't been working out all that great, and without Datsyuk, our prime generator of fancy moves that work, we'll be forced to play more of a crash-the-net, grind-it-out style, which I think we've lacking here recently. If nothing else, I think it'll be good for them to get back to basics, and maybe when Datsyuk comes back, they'll be ready to take it up to the next level again.

Gee, I always sound so hopeful in my posts...wish I really felt that optimistic.