• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

NJ fires head coach

Rate this topic

not a huge surprise, they've been horrible this year...

Lemaire is not the answer there either though, especially for the way the team has been constructed with Kovalchuk's bloated contract... they have one of two choices the way I see it - embrace what they have with Parise, Langenburner, Kovalchuk, etc and change to a run and gun team or try and unload Kovalchuk's ridiculous contract and go back to a defense first team...

They should probably call up Pat Quinn and see what he's up to these days... I think he'd be a good fit there

Guest Stolberg

they need a system

i see a lot of devils fans complaining possibly not getting a high draft pick. that's a shame.

It's Lemaire that should be fired. He is the one that has hurt this team the most with his piss poor cap management.

???

Lou Lamoriello is NJ GM. He is in charge of the contracts, salaries and cap compliance. He is the one responsible for Kovalchuk's contract. (Although rumor has it that the NJ owner made Lou do it.) Lemaire is a coach who replaces John McLean. He has nothing to do with the cap. And when the whole team, not just Kovalchuk is playing like crap, the coach is the part that needs changing. So in comes Jacques Lemaire. He knows the players and the players know his system, and they were successful in the past playing within that system.

Lamoriello's to blame, but no one else - least of all the hockey media - will admit it. It's always "In Lou We Trust", but the man's been a disaster since the salary cap came into effect. Lou didn't make the right signings and threw all his money in the wrong direction (Rolston, Kovalchuk, etc...even Brodeur's making too much right now) and put together a roster that just doesn't work.

And I don't buy it that it was the owner that wanted Kovalchuk signed - I think it was Lou's pride at stake, because that man's just as much of a narcissist as Brian Burke. Unless the Devils magically figure out how to score at least 4 goals a night (because Brodeur's GAA is just about at 3 right now and it's only that low because of a few shutouts), they're going to continue to tank, Lemaire will be fired and Lou will be behind the bench by the All Star break.

???

Lou Lamoriello is NJ GM. He is in charge of the contracts, salaries and cap compliance. He is the one responsible for Kovalchuk's contract. (Although rumor has it that the NJ owner made Lou do it.) Lemaire is a coach who replaces John McLean. He has nothing to do with the cap. And when the whole team, not just Kovalchuk is playing like crap, the coach is the part that needs changing. So in comes Jacques Lemaire. He knows the players and the players know his system, and they were successful in the past playing within that system.

Yeah I got names confused, my fault.

Not the answer either, might help but i dont think they will see the playoffs now.

down 2-0 to the islanders in 9 mins. obviously they cant benefit from the coaching change within the day but still like wtf, they have talented guys.

It's Lou that should be fired. He is the one that has hurt this team the most with his piss poor cap management.

Oops got names confused. :blush:

From what I remember, the owner was the one who wanted to give Kovalchuk that deal. The GM really didn't want to do it.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

That's what they claim...but Lou insists it was all him.

Because it is common place for a GM to throw the team owner under the bus. Come on now...

The Devils should just tank it, tank it hard, and run away with a good draft pick.

From what I remember, the owner was the one who wanted to give Kovalchuk that deal. The GM really didn't want to do it.

This goes beyond the Kovalchuk contract and that cap hit isn't that bad if he was at his regular scoring pace. Rolston $5M, Arnott $4.5M, Zubrus $3.4M, his biggest mistake I think never retooling his defensive core.

Because it is common place for a GM to throw the team owner under the bus. Come on now...

The Devils should just tank it, tank it hard, and run away with a good draft pick.

You mean the draft pick that is forfeited because of the Kovalchuk contract? I believe that they don't get a first round for this year OR next year.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

You mean the draft pick that is forfeited because of the Kovalchuk contract? I believe that they don't get a first round for this year OR next year.

Forgot about that one. Well, they're f***ed. Move along. Nothing to see here.