• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#2 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

I hate how players cant take a clean hit these days....
And lol @ the homer Boston announcers, biggest homers in the NHL by far.

#3 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

God, I hate that spotpicking hunchback.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#4 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

Bryan Little is a big *****. And that was an awesome end to the game, Lucic suckered the s*** outta Meyer :lol:

#NOMOREKINDL

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

Bryan Little is a big *****. And that was an awesome end to the game, Lucic suckered the s*** outta Meyer :lol:

Nothing is awesome about Lucic.

Unless he has a piano fall on his head from the sky.

Guy is a wannabee enforcer who usually fights guys he knows he'll beat. Here he suckerpunched Meyer of all people. I would love to see someone end his career in some way.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 23 December 2010 - 10:37 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

Jack Edwards has to be the worst/most annoying play-by-play guy in the league. And that's including Jeff Rimer.

#7 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

Holy s***!!! Atlanta at Boston!!! I would pay the big bucks to go see that match up.

To me this is one of the biggest problems in the NHL. I usually get mad when there is a fight after a clean hit but a brawl? This is flat out embarrassing for both teams. Take the hit, lick your wounds, get up and skate. Is it really that hard? Are players' egos really that big where they cannot just take a hit?

Edit: And f*** that commentator for saying clearly targeting the head. Someone give him a rules book and clearly direct him to the rule regarding hits to the head. They are allowed from the front. Leave it to someone in Boston to be a moron.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!, 23 December 2010 - 10:43 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#8 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

Aside from a good hunting "accident", there's nothing I love to see more than a big hitter get smoked--they can rarely take what they dish out...
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#9 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

What the hell was Savard thinking? :blink: Getting into a fight is not the brightest thing for him to do.

#10 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:00 PM

LUUUUUUUUUUUUCIC

unnecessary brawl tho

#11 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:03 PM

Not so sure Marc Savard should be fighting considering his concussion history.

What the hell was Savard thinking? :blink: Getting into a fight is not the brightest thing for him to do.

Beat me too it lol...oops

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#12 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

I hate how players cant take a clean hit these days....
And lol @ the homer Boston announcers, biggest homers in the NHL by far.

I was just about to say the same thing. Being someone who has had NHL center ice for 5 seasons now, I've heard basically every team's announcers, and without a shadow of doubt Boston has the most pathetically biased announcers in the league. And it's not even close.

Jack Edwards has to be the worst/most annoying play-by-play guy in the league. And that's including Jeff Rimer.

Especially during a fight. The other team's player could land 5 straight punches with the Boston player swinging but not landing one shot and he'll say the Boston player is pounding away. It's beyond ridiculous.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings, 23 December 2010 - 11:34 PM.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#13 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:01 AM

Unreal. The hands came up, but it was hardly head hunting. Take your hit like a man, you f***.

I'm surprised Jack Edwards didn't try to spin Ferrence's bloody eyebrow into a victory. I almost thought he was going to make sense for a second when he said 'this is a suicide pact for..' I certainly didn't expect that sentence to end with any word other than 'Savard'. What a couple of idiots.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#14 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:03 AM

Levels? Cleary gets harder than that on a nightly basis.

Edit: Oh Savard....

Edited by Konnan511, 24 December 2010 - 02:04 AM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#15 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:04 AM

jack edwards is awesome

#16 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:27 AM

didnt savard want to fight crosby?

#17 CAredwingsfan91

CAredwingsfan91

I'm back!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:43 AM

that was the most annoying video i've ever seen in my life.
You shook Sinatra's hand, you should know better.

#18 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:43 AM

That was ridiculous....not even a big hit and it sparks a line brawl. I hope the NHL starts handing out suspensions @ Boston for that garbage, and especially Lucic for the sucker punch at the end.

As for Savard - if you don't your star player fresh from a long concussion in a fight, don't start a line brawl. Morons.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#19 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

Concerning Jack Edwards: Watched Boston and Montreal the other night. Picked the Canadians stream (in French) over the NESN one, just to avoid listening to Jack Edwards.

Note: I do not understand a lick of French. So while I couldn't understand a damn thing. It was way less annoying.

As far as the brawl goes maybe a little much. Lucic was obviously pissed and I can see some of the guys on the ice thinking it was a bit high, so sure... fisticuffs are sure to happen.

I don't like it when players fight after a clean hit, but emotions run high and I'm not surprised AT ALL when it happens.

Savard needs to stay away from fighting. Always and forever.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#20 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

Nothing is awesome about Lucic.

Unless he has a piano fall on his head from the sky.

Guy is a wannabee enforcer who usually fights guys he knows he'll beat. Here he suckerpunched Meyer of all people. I would love to see someone end his career in some way.

Are you refering to Lilja?!

For your reference:

http://www.hockeyfig...ghtcard/reg2008
http://www.hockeyfig...ghtcard/reg2009
http://www.hockeyfig...ghtcard/reg2010
http://www.hockeyfig...ghtcard/reg2011

With those kind of comments - you look pretty "silly"
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan