Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

EDITED - Post-CLEARY lines: ideas?

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Filppula-Holmstrom

Miller-Abdelkader-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Mursak

???

The Franzen-Zeterberg-Bertuzzi line is dynamite when together, we all know that. The Hudler-Filppula-Holmstrom line might be able to get a little bit of poor man's z-d-h going (although it'd be bad defensively?). The bottom two lines could at least play defensively responsible hockey.

Edited by blueadams

right now...i believe...the plan is to roll 1) Zetterberg, Franzen, Holmstrom; 2) Filppula, Bertuzzi, Cleary; 3) Abdelkader, Hudler, Eaves; 4) Helm, Miller, Draper.

i don't like these lines, because #1) Bertuzzi and Cleary on the same line together = poison (regardless of who's in between them); and #2) I think it's now or never to see if Huds is a top six forward.

so here's what I'd do:

Franzen-Zeterberg-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Abdelkader-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Miller

i don't think we have the depth to put three scoring lines out there without Pav (and Modano). So, I'm going with two excellent scoring lines, and two excellent defensive lines. That first line is dynamite whenever they're together. That second line I'm hoping can get a little poor man's Z-D-H going. Then the third and fourth lines we know we can count on for responsible minutes.

Thoughts?

(merry christmas!)

:chug: :beerbuddy: Merry Christmas LGW this round is on me.

As much as I'd like to see the Triple-H line, Hudler and Homer will never play on the same line. Too weak defensively. I propose:

Cleary - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi

Franzen - Flip - Homer

Abby - Helm - Eaves

Enforcer - Draper - Enforcer

Edited by GMRwings1983

I like keeping the BFF line together.

Cleary-Zata-Homer

BFF

Helm-Abby-Eaves

Huds-Draper-Miller

If the first line fails- Cleary is hot lately, so I have confidence in that line- then put Huds in to see if he can generate anything. By "anything", I mean "push Cleary to produce".

The 4th line is kind of a "leftover line", but I figure with Drapes and Miller, you have defensive responsibility, and Huds tends to find his hands when playing low minutes.

Who knows?

All I know for sure is that we are going to see a lot of variety until Pavel gets back.

:beerbuddy:

Guest Stolberg

franzen - zetterberg - holmstrom

cleary - filppula - eaves

hudler - abdelkader - bertuzzi

draper - helm - miller

honestly i want to see what ilari can do. hudler doesn't offer much at either end of the ice and at this point (no dats) we can't afford to have guys blatantly floating out there. he is wasting good ice time and racking up the minuses.

Roll with this:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

I.Filppula-V.Filppula-Cleary

Bertuzzi-Abdelkader-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Miller

Guest Stolberg

1) Kindl finally in for Ericsson

2) Ericsson moves up to forward for some needed muscle

rafalski would be a more appropriate forward, the way he's been playing lately...

Rolling Chair - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

the other lines stay the same.

I put the rolling chair on the wing rather than in center because typically they are really one way players (they don't have much foresight in decision making)... and since it is new to the team I don't want to load it up with responsibility.

Hudler should be given a legitimate shot in the top six with Dats out. Hudler getting back on track is the only realistic way to make up for the scoring lost with Dats out. Putting him in the top 6 and giving him a real shot to play is the best way to make that happen quickly.

right now...i believe...the plan is to roll 1) Zetterberg, Franzen, Holmstrom; 2) Filppula, Bertuzzi, Cleary; 3) Abdelkader, Hudler, Eaves; 4) Helm, Miller, Draper.

i don't like these lines, because #1) Bertuzzi and Cleary on the same line together = poison (regardless of who's in between them); and #2) I think it's now or never to see if Huds is a top six forward.

so here's what I'd do:

Franzen-Zeterberg-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Abdelkader-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Miller

i don't think we have the depth to put three scoring lines out there without Pav (and Modano). So, I'm going with two excellent scoring lines, and two excellent defensive lines. That first line is dynamite whenever they're together. That second line I'm hoping can get a little poor man's Z-D-H going. Then the third and fourth lines we know we can count on for responsible minutes.

Thoughts?

(merry christmas!)

Horrific line IMO.

Franzen-Zeterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Eaves

Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Miller

Just don't like Bert with Flip, they don't make anything happen.

Horrific line IMO.

Hudler-Filppula-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Miller

Just don't like Bert with Flip, they don't make anything happen.

I actually really like those lines, though I worry about any line with Homer and Mule together in our defensive zone.

I still say put Huds with Z for one game. If anything will get Hudler acting like a top 12 forward (:)). If he can't get a point centering Zetterberg.........

If Hudler drag's Z down, or can't get a freaking single point, scrap the line.

We've tried Hudler with everyone else. Pick a soft opponent, and start Huds up front with Holmstrom and Z. Just for one game.

It's unlikely to happen though. In Detroit line advancement is usually earned. Even when it's experimental, it's still typically earned slots. Earnings wise, Hudler shouldn't even be daydreaming of playing on Z's line.

Edited by Joey v3.4

Hudler-Filppula-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Miller

I actually really like those lines, though I worry about any line with Homer and Mule together in our defensive zone.

Yeah, Zetterberg would have to play a heavy defensive game. But it would provide a lot of opportunity for him to use his passing ability. His shot percentage is pretty low this year, so in my opinion he could use a string of assists.

I've never seen us have so much flexibility on one roster :)

Guest blueadams

I've changed my mind since the OP...the Huds-Flip-Homer line would be too bad defensively, so how about:

Hudler-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Abdelkader-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Miller

I know it SEEMS crazy to put Huds on the first line, but really, I think it makes a lot of sense.