• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

World Juniors

Rate this topic

are we calling ferraro a bust already

I'm not, but I can see why some would, so far he hasn't been playing the way he was before he was drafted and its easy to get disappointed.

I'm not, but I can see why some would, so far he hasn't been playing the way he was before he was drafted and its easy to get disappointed.

Depends on what you call a bust too I think. A lot of posters here were expecting him to be a 40 goal scorer in the NHL and seem to forget he was a second round pick. He hasn't been scoring goals but he is still blazing fast, a gritty player and he will drop the gloves. He could still end up a very solid third liner who scores 15, provides a lot of energy and is gritty.

For a second round pick that isn't a bust to me at all. He could easily become another Darren Helm which is fine with me, they have similar styles of play

Whoo hooo Callahan scores for the USA!

I've only got to catch the one USA game Callahan didn't play in so can some of you guys comment on how hes doing out there?

Is he quick, any big hits, was it a nice goal etc...

are we calling ferraro a bust already

Not calling him a bust. I just think at this point, Klingberg looks like the better player. Won't really know what Ferraro is capable of until he starts to play in the AHL, at least that's how I feel.

during the canada-sweden post-game analysis with james duthie and bob mckenzie some fans were able to bring signs into view behind the analyst's desk. one of the signs said 'peanut mcguire' and the other two said something like 'pierre mcguire stole my cat' and 'pierre mcguire owes me money' :lol:

Going into the quarter finals here are how our boys have done:

Callahan: 4GP 1G 0A 1P PIM 0+/- 10SOG

Nestrasil: 4GP 0G 1A 1P 2PIMs -5 (Worst on the team) 4SOG

Jarnkrok: 4GP 1G 3A (Tied for team lead) 4P (Tied for team lead) 0PIMs 0+/- 12SOG

Pulkkinen: 4GP 1G 5A (most on team) 6P (Most on team) 4PIMs +3 18SOG (Most on team)

Side Notes: Pulkkinen has the 3rd most assists in the tourney and 2nd most shots on goal in tourney as well.

Jarnkrok is a fixture on the 1st PP unit and is killing penalties as well.

Nestrasil is on the PP, has good hands and nice passing. Nestrasil's +/- is brutal due to playing Canada and Sweden and Russia and the Czechs are a brutal team as well.

Callahan is a ball of light out there. He is a big agitator and sticks up for teammates all the time and is involved in every scrum out there and usually in the center pushing guys around and getting in their faces if the take liberties at any US player. He always gets some PP and PK time. Has one hell of a rocket, kind of a Stuart slap shot, something you don't usually see a lot.

Callahan could easily be a Maltby clone, and people need to remember how awesome Maltby was during his prime. he was the best agitator in the league and one of the best shut down forwards as well.

I don't know. Callahan better score 50 goals in junior. :P

Going into the quarter finals here are how our boys have done:

Callahan: 4GP 1G 0A 1P PIM 0+/- 10SOG

Nestrasil: 4GP 0G 1A 1P 2PIMs -5 (Worst on the team) 4SOG

Jarnkrok: 4GP 1G 3A (Tied for team lead) 4P (Tied for team lead) 0PIMs 0+/- 12SOG

Pulkkinen: 4GP 1G 5A (most on team) 6P (Most on team) 4PIMs +3 18SOG (Most on team)

Side Notes: Pulkkinen has the 3rd most assists in the tourney and 2nd most shots on goal in tourney as well.

Jarnkrok is a fixture on the 1st PP unit and is killing penalties as well.

Nestrasil is on the PP, has good hands and nice passing. Nestrasil's +/- is brutal due to playing Canada and Sweden and Russia and the Czechs are a brutal team as well.

Callahan is a ball of light out there. He is a big agitator and sticks up for teammates all the time and is involved in every scrum out there and usually in the center pushing guys around and getting in their faces if the take liberties at any US player. He always gets some PP and PK time. Has one hell of a rocket, kind of a Stuart slap shot, something you don't usually see a lot.

If these two players don't make you excited for this team's future nothing will.

Guest mindfly

Jarnkrok confirmed earlier today that he will play atleast one for season in the SEL probably more, but says he has been in contact with the wings' physical trainer and aims to gain from 77kg (170lbs) today to 85kg(188lbs) in a few seasons, he's 181cm tall, that would be 5'11 1/4" or something.

I'm not liking the comparisons that writers use for Callahan. Cooke... Avery... Yuck. I trust George Malik's analysis where he said Callhan is like a cross between Drake and Maltby.

Meh Maltby in his prime was pretty close to these guys anyways. If Cooke didn't have as many attempts to end people's careers and fought more he would be great for Detroit (Callahan himself says he plays like Cooke but fights more).

If you look at Averys style of play he is very similar to Maltby. It is what Avery does in the media etc that makes him such a douchebag.

Maltby in his prime was a pretty big agitator and if he wasn't a wing we probably wouldn't like him that much. I trust Nill when he compares him to Carcillo and Cooke which is fine with me. If Callahan becomes like Cooke that fights more and isn't as much of a cheapshot artist I'm happy. We have a guy who can fight, score 15 goals and agitate. If he becomes like Carcillo I'll be pretty happy as well

Jarnkrok confirmed earlier today that he will play atleast one for season in the SEL probably more, but says he has been in contact with the wings' physical trainer and aims to gain from 77kg (170lbs) today to 85kg(188lbs) in a few seasons, he's 181cm tall, that would be 5'11 1/4" or something.

I figured he'd spend at the very least one more season in the SEL. I wouldn't be shocked to see him over there for two seasons, then make the jump straight to the big team.

Like I've been saying, and now the Red Wing's trainer is telling him, to add 20 pounds.

If these two players don't make you excited for this team's future nothing will.

Without a doubt! We have a Shanny/Hull lite coming through and a Daniel Alfredsson(?) coming through as well! Plus a cleaner/douchlessier Cooke/Avery as well.

If you look at Averys style of play he is very similar to Maltby. It is what Avery does in the media etc that makes him such a douchebag.

The media stuff doesn't bother me as much as that one incident where me made fun of Blake's cancer. I know it's only one incident but that's really ******* low.

The media stuff doesn't bother me as much as that one incident where me made fun of Blake's cancer. I know it's only one incident but that's really ******* low.

Was that ever proven? It was more of a he said she said situation I thought. Either way, they are comparing styles and all teh guys listed, Maltby, Cooke, Avery and Carcillo to an extent all play the game the same way. Carcillo is probably the more respectable out of all of them and the toughest. Thats why I want Callahan to end up the most like him. Carcillo is also the toughest fighter out of that group, and Callahan rarely loses a fight.. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the NHL against men