"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#82 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

Remember when we all wished detroit would pick kassian but he went so early, 13th overall... would have loved to have him on this team

#83 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

Remember when we all wished detroit would pick kassian but he went so early, 13th overall... would have loved to have him on this team

I woulda loved him here too. Hes by far the toughest player in the world juniors this year and a feared heavyweight fighter. He also has the highest ppg ratio in the OHL (or maybe all of the CHL?). 6'3 240 man Buffalo has a great prospect.

They have Foligno too who is a pretty solid fighter and player in his own right. I wanted Detroit to get Foligno that year too. Oh well haha

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#84 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

Pulkkinen with an assist!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#85 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

Pulkkinen had two assist today.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#86 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:13 PM

3 games and 4 points so far for Pulkkinen
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#87 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

Wow Pulu is amazing! I love this kid!
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#88 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

How are our other prospects doing?

Edited by Shaman464, 29 December 2010 - 10:45 PM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#89 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

There really going crazy with these checking to the head and neck area penalties.

#90 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:25 AM

Teemu Pulkkinen FIN 3 GP 1 G 3 A 4 PTS +3

Calle Jarnkrok SWE 2 GP 0 G 1 A 1 PTS +1

Mitch Callahan USA 2 GP 0 G 0 A 0 PTS -1

#91 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:22 AM

Posted Image

He's officially sorry.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#92 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

Järnkrok has been good. I saw the game against Russia and he did some cool stuff. Gonna be fun to follow his development.

#93 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

Just wanted to remind everyone...... Sweden plays Czech at 3:00 pm et on NHL Network US.... Featured in this game will be two of our prospects.

Sweden:
Calle "ironhook" Jarnkrok #19

Czech:
Andrej Nestrasil #11

Enjoy

Crash

#94 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

Teemu Pulkkinen FIN 3 GP 1 G 3 A 4 PTS +3

Calle Jarnkrok SWE 2 GP 0 G 1 A 1 PTS +1

Mitch Callahan USA 2 GP 0 G 0 A 0 PTS -1

NESTRASIL, Andrej Czech 2GP 0G 0A 0P 2PIM -1
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#95 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

NESTRASIL, Andrej Czech 2GP 0G 0A 0P 2PIM -1

Haha thanks, I thought I may have forgotten one. I wasn't all there last night if you know what I mean, haha.

I saw Jarnkrok's dirty 2 on 1 assist. It looked real nice, but havn't seen much of Pulkinnen. I think the Fins will go far in this tournament, so I look forward to that.

#96 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

3EST sweden (Jarnkrok) vs czech (Nestrasil)
7EST germany vs usa (Callahan)
Link
All you need is to download the Veetle Add-on which is free quick and painless, and you can do it through that link.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#97 MJwings

MJwings

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

Antonin Honejsek has 2 goals and an assist in 2 GP. He's got points on 3 of the Czech Republic's 4 goals.

Just reminding you guys about him. He DID attend the Wings camp this fall as a try out, and will be returning. He's considered wings property.

#98 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

MJwings, are you sure about that? do the wings really have his rights at the moment?

#99 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

1-1 Swedes and Czechs...

Jarnkrok has looked great out there and now has 1 assist

#100 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Antonin Honejsek has 2 goals and an assist in 2 GP. He's got points on 3 of the Czech Republic's 4 goals.

Just reminding you guys about him. He DID attend the Wings camp this fall as a try out, and will be returning. He's considered wings property.

He was invited to the prospects camp and tourny in TC then released to his CHL team without signing a contract. He's not formally considered Wings property by any governing hockey body.

That being said-- I find it highly unlikely that his agent isn't fielding calls from NHL gms right now. Ken Holland is surely one of them and will have an advantage since he invited Antonin to camp this year and showed interest long before this break-out at the World Juniors.

MJwings, are you sure about that? do the wings really have his rights at the moment?

They definitely don't since he wasn't drafted or signed to a contract by the Wings.

Onto why I originally came to this tread-- Jarnkrok! He looks really good against the Czechs right now. His vision and passing ability are really shining on the Swedish PP. Plus he did a nice little power move to draw that penalty.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft