• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#121 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

so, i'd take it that callahan isn't playing tonight?

He's playing

#122 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

nhl network just interviewed ken holland during the USA game.

#123 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

Wings have to sign him before july 1st or he's gone...he needs a very strong season

He's big, talented, young and putting up more than a point per game in the QMJHL (admittedly not a terribly uncommon thing in that league).

I'd be shocked if they don't sign him... the Wings could use more power forwards in the system.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#124 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:13 AM

He's big, talented, young and putting up more than a point per game in the QMJHL (admittedly not a terribly uncommon thing in that league).

I'd be shocked if they don't sign him... the Wings could use more power forwards in the system.

It's kind of ridiculous that Fournier gets a contract and Nestrasil doesn't. Not saying Fournier doesn't deserve one because I think he does. I just think Nestrasil should definitely get one if Fournier gets one. Plus, I mean, Ferraro has a contract and right now that's looking like a huge joke. When was the last time that guy had a point?

#125 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

It's kind of ridiculous that Fournier gets a contract and Nestrasil doesn't. Not saying Fournier doesn't deserve one because I think he does. I just think Nestrasil should definitely get one if Fournier gets one. Plus, I mean, Ferraro has a contract and right now that's looking like a huge joke. When was the last time that guy had a point?

Just before the 09 draft I believe.

Edited by Drake_Marcus, 31 December 2010 - 12:49 AM.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#126 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:28 AM

Canada will win Gold!

#127 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:29 AM

Canada will win Gold!

Debatable. USA is the favourites this year, but Canada looks damn good right now, im sure it will come down to Canada vs USA again though.

#128 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:20 AM

Just before the 09 draft I believe.

:lol: Sad but true.

He's having an even worse season than 2009/10, which I didn't think was even possible. I'm pretty sure he's gone goalless in the past 15 or so games, maybe even longer.

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#129 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

:lol: Sad but true.

He's having an even worse season than 2009/10, which I didn't think was even possible. I'm pretty sure he's gone goalless in the past 15 or so games, maybe even longer.

He blamed it all on his coach last season.....Maybe he needed to look within instead.

#130 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:11 AM

Ferraro biggest bust ever, what were the wings' thinking, they could have gotten Carter Ashton for example, big strong canadian powerforward'ish, he went 29th overall, the pick detroit had but traded it to tampa for their 32nd in which they picked Ferraro with...and the extra pick they got for trading down they picked nestrail who isn't signed yet...

Edited by mindfly, 31 December 2010 - 09:12 AM.

#131 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:49 AM

Ferraro biggest bust ever, what were the wings' thinking, they could have gotten Carter Ashton for example, big strong canadian powerforward'ish, he went 29th overall, the pick detroit had but traded it to tampa for their 32nd in which they picked Ferraro with...and the extra pick they got for trading down they picked nestrail who isn't signed yet...

Or Toni Rajala.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#132 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

Thank you Captain Hindsight! Haha.

That should be your new name on here.

#133 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:38 AM

Always a pleasure, my friends.

Posted Image

Or Toni Rajala.

Don't think he will be that good, i'm very pleased with pulkkinen, of course we all wanted grandlund but he was always out of question because he was going pretty early in the 1st round, i doubt nättinen will be good either.

Edited by mindfly, 31 December 2010 - 10:39 AM.

#134 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

Always a pleasure, my friends.

Posted Image

Don't think he will be that good, i'm very pleased with pulkkinen, of course we all wanted grandlund but he was always out of question because he was going pretty early in the 1st round, i doubt nättinen will be good either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY_oKve-bH0
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#135 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

I am kinda with Mindfly on that one. Trading down outta the first isn't that great of an idea given their track record drafting North Americans early. The earlier they pick the better especially since they rarely pick high. I wouldn't have minded Carter Ashton at all

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#136 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

who is Canada bringing in to replace jaden schwartz? any possibility of a phone call to sheahan?

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#137 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

who is Canada bringing in to replace jaden schwartz? any possibility of a phone call to sheahan?

They can't bring another player in as far as i'm concerned.

#138 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

They can't bring another player in as far as i'm concerned.

i thought tonight was the deadline to have rosters finalized??

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#139 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

i thought tonight was the deadline to have rosters finalized??

I was under the impression they weren't allowed to call anyone up after the tourney starts, I'm not positive though

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#140 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

Pulkkinen with two more assists today.

Iron Hook takes on Canada at 4EST. I'm assuming same streams as last game.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".