• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#161 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:35 PM

For a minute there I thought you guys were talking about Patrick Cehlin, the Swedish kid who scored that sick top corner goal. I got all excited that whoever that kid was, was a Wings prospect... but he went 126th to the Preds. He looks a bit like a right handed Datsyuk. Oh well, we have Jarnkrok or whomever.
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#162 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,858 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

Whoo hooo Callahan scores for the USA!

#163 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,858 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

Callahan with the GWG!!! :siren:

#164 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

As a Canadian, I should probably hate the Swedes right now...but I just can't. Their chicks are so damn hot! :)

#165 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

As a Canadian, I should probably hate the Swedes right now...but I just can't. Their chicks are so damn hot! :)

Enh... They do a good job with the hair dye and the plastic surgery. But for me it just makes it more difficult to see if they have real, solid attractiveness.

#166 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

Enh... They do a good job with the hair dye and the plastic surgery. But for me it just makes it more difficult to see if they have real, solid attractiveness.

The New Testament clearly states:

"No women who paints thy hair blond and makes thy breasts three times larger shall be punished".

#167 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

Even though Järnkrok (Yairn-krook) didn't score, I agree that he was always in the thick of things. He played on the PK, on the point on the PP, was used lots towards the end of the game, and even though he didn't score in the shootout, the fact that he was picked says something. He's the leading rookie scorer in Elitserien and is one of the nominees for rookie of the year.
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#168 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

Say what :blink: ? It is extremely rare that girls go under the knife in Sweden.

#169 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

Say what :blink: ? It is extremely rare that girls go under the knife in Sweden.

It's common in stockholm, as it is in L.A in the US

#170 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

When I was in Stockholm when I was 15 I walked around with an erection the whole time there were so many babes...

btw, My billot family told me to expect a loss against Huddinge and they beat us 7-0--best midget hockey team I ever played against--only Detroit Compuware came close.
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#171 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

Everytime Iron Hook is on the ice, the puck is always in Canada's zone with him holding the puck. He's easily our best prospect outside of North America. Pulkkinen is going to be awesome as well, but Jarnkrok has to be out most complete player?

Pulkkinen's defensive game has gone to a much higher level from what I have heard and seen over the last few months, he goes down low and gets the puck, hes working on his play making and hes even throwing his body around, I think its a toss up for who is the higher prospect at this point, Jarnkrok still has the defensive edge, but Pulkkinen's offensive ability and his willingness to work on weak areas of his game makes him pretty damn exciting too.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#172 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

Pulkkinen's defensive game has gone to a much higher level from what I have heard and seen over the last few months, he goes down low and gets the puck, hes working on his play making and hes even throwing his body around, I think its a toss up for who is the higher prospect at this point, Jarnkrok still has the defensive edge, but Pulkkinen's offensive ability and his willingness to work on weak areas of his game makes him pretty damn exciting too.

Pulkkinen got nothing on Jarnkroks speed though, they have their specialties, i hope pulkkinen can get a brett hull release and slapshot in the nhl that alone will be enough to be a good nhl player.

#173 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

I still wish the Red Wings would have taken Klingberg over Ferraro. He was my pick when I was working at HF. He looked damn good last night; very fast for his size too.

#174 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

I still wish the Red Wings would have taken Klingberg over Ferraro. He was my pick when I was working at HF. He looked damn good last night; very fast for his size too.

Red Wings management and scouting also makes mistakes.

Grigorenko was also a bust...

I bet Håkan Andersson wanted Klingberg but the northamerican scouts for the wings won the argument... glad Håkan Andersson got to pick Jarnkrok instead of some half-random north american with that second pick in the latest draft, though.

Edited by mindfly, 01 January 2011 - 02:06 PM.

#175 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

are we calling ferraro a bust already

#176 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

I'm not, but I can see why some would, so far he hasn't been playing the way he was before he was drafted and its easy to get disappointed.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#177 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

I'm not, but I can see why some would, so far he hasn't been playing the way he was before he was drafted and its easy to get disappointed.

Depends on what you call a bust too I think. A lot of posters here were expecting him to be a 40 goal scorer in the NHL and seem to forget he was a second round pick. He hasn't been scoring goals but he is still blazing fast, a gritty player and he will drop the gloves. He could still end up a very solid third liner who scores 15, provides a lot of energy and is gritty.

For a second round pick that isn't a bust to me at all. He could easily become another Darren Helm which is fine with me, they have similar styles of play

Whoo hooo Callahan scores for the USA!

I've only got to catch the one USA game Callahan didn't play in so can some of you guys comment on how hes doing out there?

Is he quick, any big hits, was it a nice goal etc...

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#178 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

Not calling him a bust. I just think at this point, Klingberg looks like the better player. Won't really know what Ferraro is capable of until he starts to play in the AHL, at least that's how I feel.

#179 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

during the canada-sweden post-game analysis with james duthie and bob mckenzie some fans were able to bring signs into view behind the analyst's desk. one of the signs said 'peanut mcguire' and the other two said something like 'pierre mcguire stole my cat' and 'pierre mcguire owes me money' :lol:

#180 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

Going into the quarter finals here are how our boys have done:

Callahan: 4GP 1G 0A 1P PIM 0+/- 10SOG

Nestrasil: 4GP 0G 1A 1P 2PIMs -5 (Worst on the team) 4SOG

Jarnkrok: 4GP 1G 3A (Tied for team lead) 4P (Tied for team lead) 0PIMs 0+/- 12SOG

Pulkkinen: 4GP 1G 5A (most on team) 6P (Most on team) 4PIMs +3 18SOG (Most on team)

Side Notes: Pulkkinen has the 3rd most assists in the tourney and 2nd most shots on goal in tourney as well.

Jarnkrok is a fixture on the 1st PP unit and is killing penalties as well.

Nestrasil is on the PP, has good hands and nice passing. Nestrasil's +/- is brutal due to playing Canada and Sweden and Russia and the Czechs are a brutal team as well.

Callahan is a ball of light out there. He is a big agitator and sticks up for teammates all the time and is involved in every scrum out there and usually in the center pushing guys around and getting in their faces if the take liberties at any US player. He always gets some PP and PK time. Has one hell of a rocket, kind of a Stuart slap shot, something you don't usually see a lot.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".