• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Cleary out 4 weeks w/fractured ankle

Rate this topic

Who actually thought Danny wouldn't miss a month this year? I have been getting nervous that this was coming, his season seemed too good to be true. It was great to see him flourishing though. Stoked to see Mursak called up, hopefully he gets something going.

******* hell, Stuart. Another one of those "Hey I'm Brad Stuart and I'm going to take a one-timer for no good ******* reason" shots that never do anything good.

It's bad luck, it happens.

I'm sure Stuart feels as bad as anyone about this.

uh oh

******* hell, Stuart. Another one of those "Hey I'm Brad Stuart and I'm going to take a one-timer for no good ******* reason" shots that never do anything good.

really? You just decide for some odd reason that thats how it went down?

right.

In a perfect world, I'd have Mursak on that 3rd line with Abby and Eaves. However with the above line-up you have the lethal speed of Jan with Helm and Drapes, and you have a right handed shot on both 3rd and 4th lines.

You forgot to mention the years of developed chemistry between Abdelkader and Miller.

You forgot to mention the years of developed chemistry between Abdelkader and Miller.

We picked up Miller last year, I dont know if "years" of chemistry is really the right term for their chemistry. Mursak has played probably almost just as much if not more with Abby then Miller has.

Is this worrisome to you eva? If Hudler doesn't produce and Mursak does itll basically mean Hudler will be traded or he will be out of the lineup come playoffs for Mursak?

Sucks about Cleary.

I think we all knew it was either going to be Mursak or iFlip to be called up. I would rather have had iFlip, but I'm guessing this move was done because we needed a winger.

Hopefully he gets third line duties over the even strength uselessness that Miller and Hudler provides.

This s*** is like a repeat of last season. What next, Nick is going to get speared in the balls again?

Impossible. That'd be like kicking Lance Armstrong in the nuts.

Ummmm?

Last year in GR when Abdelkader and Mursak played on the same line they had some very promising chemistry, and both got hot towards the end of the season. I'd like to see them skate together on a line.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Cue Darth Vader "NOOOOO!!!" here. Why why WHY did it have to be Cleary? And why did STUART OF ALL PEOPLE have to do it to him? :despair:moan:repeat:

Since all my superstitions have failed me, I suppose there's only one option left: drink more. Pour me one for Datsyuk and one for Cleary, if you would be so kind. Here's to a speedy and full recovery!

The Wings are due for a guy to come up and play great. I mean a talented top six guy. I have a good feeling about Mursak. It would be great if Hudler could get it going too. If not, he goes to Grand Rapids (waived) when Cleary or Datsyuk return.

I think Franzen and Bertuzzi need to get hot again, also!

Four weeks, my ass.

I broke my ankle last summer playing softball and I was off work 7 weeks.

I had a non-displaced fracture as well. It got 2 weeks of solid cast, 2 weeks of boot (non-weight bearing), 2 weeks of weight bearing boot and then a week of this lace up ankle hitch thing to make sure I could stand on it unsupported. I continued to wear the hitch for probably an additional month for support. To this day, there are days when the fracture will ache.

All that and I'm not a professional hockey player trying to push off, stop/start, turn, etc..

I gotta see this.

Although Cleary probably has better medical attention than the average person, but yeah. 4 weeks is a low end estimate on any break, IMO.

Its only 3 wings out. Not the end of the world. Last year they had a lot more than that out

Of course, it's our leading goal scorer, and our leading scorer, out simultaneously.

That's a bit of a sting.