No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Cleary out 4 weeks w/fractured ankle

Rate this topic

Guest Stolberg

bad news: we won't get to see impossible goals for 4 more weeks

good news: mursak! weeeeee!

Hopefully, Bert and Fil and Mule, will stop playing pass the puck and start shooting now that the need for goals has become just a little more urgent. :ranting: It also gives others a chance to step up and and show us how bad they want to be a star. Hope Mursak has us all happy with the decision to call him up.

Don't know why they didn't call up Ritola? :ph34r:

Guest mindfly

Stuart where's your accuracy at? Lidstrom never would have hit a teammate standing 15 feet in front of him

It just sucks, but wings won a pretty controlled game today without pavel, just gotta play even more tight defensively and grind them out and they could win games with both those players out.

Edited by mindfly

If Hudler doesn't do squat for the next month and Mursak puts up 8 or 10 points, it should be entertaining around here.

If Hudler doesnt start putting up points soon Mursak is going to be the last of his worries, Happy just isnt close to anything people thought. Mursak however Im real stoked for but I hope the timing of his call up,without Dats & Clears paired with the pressure from all us doesnt turn him Leino on us for f*** sakes.

This blows...I was pessimistic about how the next 4 weeks were going to go without Pavel. Now without Danny I am dreading the fact that we could easily wind up in 8th or 9th seed with how tough a schedule it is and 2 of our top 3 offensive players out...

If Hudler doesnt start putting up points soon Mursak is going to be the last of his worries, Happy just isnt close to anything people thought. Mursak however Im real stoked for but I hope the timing of his call up,without Dats & Clears paired with the pressure from all us doesnt turn him Leino on us for f*** sakes.

If Hudler struggles and Mursak plays well Jiri may be looking to call in for some new colored equipment to match the new logo on his jersey...

Also this is a great opportunity for Jiri to be playing Top 6 minutes. If he doesn't do anything with it I give up on him.,..

Impossible. That'd be like kicking Lance Armstrong in the nut.

Fixed ;)

Edit: And before anyone suggests this was in bad taste, I have a theory that having one ******** actually makes a man stronger/more powerful... Lance Armstrong, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Adolf Hitler and Napoleon Bonaparte. Yeah, that's legit man. They're still working on balancing the good vs. evil thing, though.

Phil Kessel was on his way to this list too, but he slipped on a waffle somewhere along the way.

Edited by Jesusberg

Last night I joked that Cleary would be out for about 4-6 weeks after seeing the replay of the shot off his ankle <_< .

This sucks, but they'll get through it. No team will go 82 games without some form of adversity.

Last night I joked that Cleary would be out for about 4-6 weeks after seeing the replay of the shot off his ankle <_< .

This sucks, but they'll get through it. No team will go 82 games without some form of adversity.

It just sucks that this team's adversity consists of losing its leading playmaker and then its leading goal-scorer. *sigh*

Where's ma boy Tardif at...shame he's not a winger.

Why wouldn't it have been a useless winger like Miller or Hudler instead of Cleary?

Also, Mursak had a good start to the season but these last few weeks he's been very quiet. Especially last night...he was hard to notice. At least Mursak is a bit scrappy.

Edited by uk_redwing

I'm not really sure why everyone keeps blaming Stuart, he was doing what we want all of the Wings to do - try to get the puck to the net. It's not like Cleary was just standing there, he was in motion as Stuart hit the puck he wouldn't have been able to predict that it would have hit him in the ankle.

We dodged the injury bug for as long as we could...who's next I wonder?

Hank's gonna get a paper cut reading the newspaper, develop an infection, and have his whole hand amputated.

The way our luck is going right now, I'd be shocked if it didn't happen like that. <_<

Guest mindfly

I'm not really sure why everyone keeps blaming Stuart, he was doing what we want all of the Wings to do - try to get the puck to the net. It's not like Cleary was just standing there, he was in motion as Stuart hit the puck he wouldn't have been able to predict that it would have hit him in the ankle.

Didn't wings already have a 3-0 lead at the time and stuart clearly saw cleary standing pretty close, why not hesitate for a sec or just shoot the puck deep behind the net for the other player...I just think he should have thought an extra second or two.

Didn't wings already have a 3-0 lead at the time and stuart clearly saw cleary standing pretty close, why not hesitate for a sec or just shoot the puck deep behind the net for the other player...I just think he should have thought an extra second or two.

Plenty of people on earth are not very good at playing hockey, but you aren't even good at watching it. Traffic in front, shots from the blueline, hockey 101. Ask Mike Babcock if he wants the D to hesitate, even when you're up 3-0. You'll get the death stare.

This is a perfect example of how little you understand the sport, go back and watch the tape. Its an accident, nothing more nothing less. I'm surprised Cleary isn't getting blamed for his own injury since he jumped, if he would left his skate on the ice it wouldn't have happened either......Freak accident, we'll be fine.

*and it was 4-0 when this happened...it had been for quite some time.

Edited by Cheveldae32

Guest mindfly

This is a perfect example of how little you understand the sport, go back and watch the tape. Its an accident, nothing more nothing less. I'm surprised Cleary isn't getting blamed for his own injury since he jumped, if he would left his skte on the ice it wouldn't have happened either......Freak accident, we'll be fine.

Cleary wasn't standing in front of the net he was in the shooting lane facing stuart with his side, it's pretty foolish to take a hard slapper in that situation.

Cleary wasn't standing in front of the net he was in the shooting lane facing stuart with his side, it's pretty foolish to take a hard slapper in that situation.

Yes, he skated from Stu's right to left, you can't expect guys to hold off on taking a shot everytime a player is near their shooting lane. Heck you often see plays just like this where the guy in Cleary's position creates a great screen, this time he got hit. Sucks yes, but this is where our young boys get their chances.

Guest mindfly

Yes, he skated from Stu's right to left, you can't expect guys to hold off on taking a shot everytime a player is near their shooting lane. Heck you often see plays just like this where the guy in Cleary's position creates a great screen, this time he got hit. Sucks yes, but this is where our young boys get their chances.

He wasn't facing stuart so he couldn't protect himself if you face the shooter in front of the net only a shot to the face can injure you, the protection is non-existent on the side of the skates but plenty on the front backed up with the leg protection.

He wasn't facing stuart so he couldn't protect himself if you face the shooter in front of the net only a shot to the face can injure you, the protection is non-existent on the side of the skates but plenty on the front backed up with the leg protection.

Yes and when Stu saw this moment of vulnerability he seized it by intentionally hitting Cleary since he is jealous of Dan's recent success. I didn't realize what really happened til just now....

Of course, it's our leading goal scorer, and our leading scorer, out simultaneously.

That's a bit of a sting.

well last year was zetterberg, franzen, filppula, cleary, and kronwall.

Nah, those guys out are no big riff, right? Only 2 leading scorers, 2 2-way players, an offensive defenseman. while cleary didnt play well last year, he can still put the puck in the net. an entire power play unit not in the game? Pffttttt, who needs 'em.

they overcame it. 2 leading scoreres out isnt going to be THAT detrimental. sure it'll suck, but oh well.

I don't think blaming either player is correct in the scenario. You cannot ask Stuart to hesitate on a shot in order to protect Cleary- do you think coach would have been happy? Also, Cleary clearly jumped to avoid the shot. Therefore, he exposed his feet when the original shot would have likely hit his breezers. Neither player is at fault here.

It's upsetting to see Cleary go down, but I'm excited to see what Mursak can bring. I would love to see him on a line with Abby (after a few games on the fourth likely) due to their history together in GR.