• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:49 AM

In a perfect world, I'd have Mursak on that 3rd line with Abby and Eaves. However with the above line-up you have the lethal speed of Jan with Helm and Drapes, and you have a right handed shot on both 3rd and 4th lines.

You forgot to mention the years of developed chemistry between Abdelkader and Miller.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#42 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

Its only 3 wings out. Not the end of the world. Last year they had a lot more than that out

#43 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

You forgot to mention the years of developed chemistry between Abdelkader and Miller.

We picked up Miller last year, I dont know if "years" of chemistry is really the right term for their chemistry. Mursak has played probably almost just as much if not more with Abby then Miller has.

Is this worrisome to you eva? If Hudler doesn't produce and Mursak does itll basically mean Hudler will be traded or he will be out of the lineup come playoffs for Mursak?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#44 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

Sucks about Cleary.

I think we all knew it was either going to be Mursak or iFlip to be called up. I would rather have had iFlip, but I'm guessing this move was done because we needed a winger.

Hopefully he gets third line duties over the even strength uselessness that Miller and Hudler provides.

This s*** is like a repeat of last season. What next, Nick is going to get speared in the balls again?

Impossible. That'd be like kicking Lance Armstrong in the nuts.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#45 Blood On The Ice

Blood On The Ice

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:23 AM

Here we go again. SOB. If it wasn't for bad luck, Cleary would have no luck at all.

#46 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

Ummmm?

Last year in GR when Abdelkader and Mursak played on the same line they had some very promising chemistry, and both got hot towards the end of the season. I'd like to see them skate together on a line.

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 27 December 2010 - 02:29 AM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#47 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:33 AM

Cue Darth Vader "NOOOOO!!!" here. Why why WHY did it have to be Cleary? And why did STUART OF ALL PEOPLE have to do it to him? :despair:moan:repeat:

Since all my superstitions have failed me, I suppose there's only one option left: drink more. Pour me one for Datsyuk and one for Cleary, if you would be so kind. Here's to a speedy and full recovery!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#48 zetterbergfan

zetterbergfan

Zetterbergfan since 1999

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:38 AM

The Wings are due for a guy to come up and play great. I mean a talented top six guy. I have a good feeling about Mursak. It would be great if Hudler could get it going too. If not, he goes to Grand Rapids (waived) when Cleary or Datsyuk return.

I think Franzen and Bertuzzi need to get hot again, also!

#49 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:47 AM

Cue Darth Vader "NOOOOO!!!" here.

Posted Image

#50 Joey v3.4

Joey v3.4

Stoned

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:03 AM

Four weeks, my ass.

I broke my ankle last summer playing softball and I was off work 7 weeks.

I had a non-displaced fracture as well. It got 2 weeks of solid cast, 2 weeks of boot (non-weight bearing), 2 weeks of weight bearing boot and then a week of this lace up ankle hitch thing to make sure I could stand on it unsupported. I continued to wear the hitch for probably an additional month for support. To this day, there are days when the fracture will ache.

All that and I'm not a professional hockey player trying to push off, stop/start, turn, etc..

I gotta see this.

Although Cleary probably has better medical attention than the average person, but yeah. 4 weeks is a low end estimate on any break, IMO.

Its only 3 wings out. Not the end of the world. Last year they had a lot more than that out

Of course, it's our leading goal scorer, and our leading scorer, out simultaneously.

That's a bit of a sting.
And Boom goes the Dynamite.

#51 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:53 AM

bad news: we won't get to see impossible goals for 4 more weeks

good news: mursak! weeeeee!

#52 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:49 AM

Hopefully, Bert and Fil and Mule, will stop playing pass the puck and start shooting now that the need for goals has become just a little more urgent. :ranting: It also gives others a chance to step up and and show us how bad they want to be a star. Hope Mursak has us all happy with the decision to call him up.

Don't know why they didn't call up Ritola? :ph34r:

#53 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

Stuart where's your accuracy at? Lidstrom never would have hit a teammate standing 15 feet in front of him

It just sucks, but wings won a pretty controlled game today without pavel, just gotta play even more tight defensively and grind them out and they could win games with both those players out.

Edited by mindfly, 27 December 2010 - 07:41 AM.

#54 Cheveldae32

Cheveldae32

OFD

• Gold Booster
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:12 AM

How horribly ironic, Cleary jumps to avoid the shot then takes it directly in the ankle. Time to show the league how deep we are, I have a good feeling we're gonna be just fine.

#55 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:17 AM

If Hudler doesn't do squat for the next month and Mursak puts up 8 or 10 points, it should be entertaining around here.

If Hudler doesnt start putting up points soon Mursak is going to be the last of his worries, Happy just isnt close to anything people thought. Mursak however Im real stoked for but I hope the timing of his call up,without Dats & Clears paired with the pressure from all us doesnt turn him Leino on us for f*** sakes.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#56 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

This blows...I was pessimistic about how the next 4 weeks were going to go without Pavel. Now without Danny I am dreading the fact that we could easily wind up in 8th or 9th seed with how tough a schedule it is and 2 of our top 3 offensive players out...

If Hudler doesnt start putting up points soon Mursak is going to be the last of his worries, Happy just isnt close to anything people thought. Mursak however Im real stoked for but I hope the timing of his call up,without Dats & Clears paired with the pressure from all us doesnt turn him Leino on us for f*** sakes.

If Hudler struggles and Mursak plays well Jiri may be looking to call in for some new colored equipment to match the new logo on his jersey...

Also this is a great opportunity for Jiri to be playing Top 6 minutes. If he doesn't do anything with it I give up on him.,..

#57 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:33 AM

Impossible. That'd be like kicking Lance Armstrong in the nut.

Fixed ;)

Edit: And before anyone suggests this was in bad taste, I have a theory that having one ******** actually makes a man stronger/more powerful... Lance Armstrong, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Adolf Hitler and Napoleon Bonaparte. Yeah, that's legit man. They're still working on balancing the good vs. evil thing, though.

Phil Kessel was on his way to this list too, but he slipped on a waffle somewhere along the way.

Edited by Jesusberg, 27 December 2010 - 09:27 AM.

#58 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:26 AM

Dear Stuart,

Please leave the shooting to your d-partner Lidstrom.

kthxbye

#59 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

Last night I joked that Cleary would be out for about 4-6 weeks after seeing the replay of the shot off his ankle <_< .

This sucks, but they'll get through it. No team will go 82 games without some form of adversity.
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#60 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

Last night I joked that Cleary would be out for about 4-6 weeks after seeing the replay of the shot off his ankle <_< .

This sucks, but they'll get through it. No team will go 82 games without some form of adversity.

It just sucks that this team's adversity consists of losing its leading playmaker and then its leading goal-scorer. *sigh*