• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dominator2005

Detroit interested in Jamie Langenbrunner

Rate this topic

http://spectorshockey.net/2010/12/latest-devils-maple-leafs-senators-news-december-27-2010/

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/lang_it_up_56UuHrVyJx75qavS8lLAfO?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Conveniently, the scouts are circling, and the player they want most is the captain with the no-trade clause, Jamie Langenbrunner. Start with the Sharks and Red Wings -- although cap considerations must be addressed -- and the Stars, then add in almost every other top team as a possible bidder for Langenbrunner's services.

Langenbrunner's salary is a now-bargain $2.8 million, meaning only a $700G cap hit for an acquiring team. A move to a contender might help contract negotiations next summer for the leading goal-scorer in the 2003 playoffs.

I don't really see us trading for a rental player. If we were planning on keeping him past this season, then I'd be down for it, but it sounds like Langenbrunner is happy with the Devils.

He MIGHT be happy in N.J. but they need to clean up cap space...

Hudler (2.875) and a pick for Langenbrunner (2.800)

:thumbup:

Hudler has 0 (ZERO) trade value...

I don't really see us trading for a rental player. If we were planning on keeping him past this season, then I'd be down for it, but it sounds like Langenbrunner is happy with the Devils.

I kinda like it, if it meant Hudler was gone at the end of the season. Should work with the cap nicely, given space from Modano, Dats and Cleary's injuries.

Edited to add: Holy Hell, the Devils' +/- leader is +1. :scared:

Edited by Casey

Hard to believe anyone associated with the team would be happy with the Devils right now.