73 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

from KK
NEW YORK/TORONTO (December 27, 2010)—The National Hockey League Players’ Association and the National Hockey League announced today that forward Jordin Tootoo of the Nashville Predators has voluntarily entered in-patient care as part of the Joint NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program (SABH).

Tootoo’s care will be administered by SABH Program Doctors Dave Lewis (NHL) and Brian Shaw (NHLPA). Tootoo will continue to receive his full salary and benefits and will have no penalty imposed, provided he complies with his prescribed treatment and follow-up care program.

There will be no further comment.

Put your whistles down.

#2 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

@DarrenDreger NHL\NHLPA announce Jordin Tootoo has voluntarily entered in-patient care as part of NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse andBehavioral Health Program.

NEW YORK — Nashville Predators forward Jordin Tootoo has voluntarily entered the NHL/NHLPA’s substance abuse and behavioural health program.

The National Hockey League and NHL Players’ Association made the announcement Monday that the 27-year-old native of Churchill, Man., will continue to receive his salary and benefits with no penalty, as long as he complies with the program’s treatment and follow-up care program.

His care will be under the direction of SABH program doctors Brian Shaw (NHLPA) and Dave Lewis (NHL).

The veteran right-winger, who is in his seventh season with the Predators, has scored four goals and six assists in 32 games this season.

Read more: http://sports.nation.../#ixzz19Lna1Fk8

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#3 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

from KK
NEW YORK/TORONTO (December 27, 2010)—The National Hockey League Players’ Association and the National Hockey League announced today that forward Jordin Tootoo of the Nashville Predators has voluntarily entered in-patient care as part of the Joint NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program (SABH).

Tootoo’s care will be administered by SABH Program Doctors Dave Lewis (NHL) and Brian Shaw (NHLPA). Tootoo will continue to receive his full salary and benefits and will have no penalty imposed, provided he complies with his prescribed treatment and follow-up care program.

There will be no further comment.

Put your whistles down.

Who wants odds? I'll give you 2 to 1 that it was blow...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#4 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

I don't really like the guy on the ice but if he recognized that he had or has a problem and is getting help for it, more power to him, especially if he's not being forced kicking and screaming to do so.

#5 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

Who wants odds? I'll give you 2 to 1 that it was blow...

I'm thinking booze

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#6 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

i was thinking alcohol. hockey players like to get their drink on.

I don't really like the guy on the ice but if he recognized that he had or has a problem and is getting help for it, more power to him, especially if he's not being forced kicking and screaming to do so.

no way to know either way if he was forced. it may come out...

#7 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

i was thinking alcohol. hockey players like to get their drink on.

no way to know either way if he was forced. it may come out...

The reason I say blow, is the intensity and speed at which he plays the game and the complete "invincible" way he acts on the ice, not to mention the fact that nothing seems to hurt him... I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was blow...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

Really don't like him, but anyone in this situation deserves support. Good for him for recognizing a problem and attempting to control it. Good luck to him.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#9 chrisyo

chrisyo

Knuckles

• 33 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

The reason I say blow, is the intensity and speed at which he plays the game and the complete "invincible" way he acts on the ice, not to mention the fact that nothing seems to hurt him... I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was blow...

if it is blow I guarantee is he isn't playing on it. Playing coked out is a little too hard. You shake when you skate, not many players can play on coke. I'm guessing it is booze as well.

all the best to Tootoo, love to hate him but I'd be stoked if he was a Wing.

Edited by chrisyo, 27 December 2010 - 05:21 PM.

#10 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

I'll add to the chorus of "I don't care for him on the ice, but..." crowd.

I recall that his brother's problems led to his suicide (Tootoo wears his brother's number), so hope his treatment goes well. We also don't know which part of the program (substance vs. behavioral) that he's got issues with.
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#11 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:30 PM

Whether it's booze, drugs, or some other problem, it's going to be twice as hard to deal both with the problem and the fact that it's public knowledge.

Best wishes to him on his immediate recovery and sustaining his recovery.

Then, of course, I'll be back to cheering against him when he's on the ice.

#12 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

now avery's got something to rib him about..

:rolleyes:
Posted Image

#13 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

pretty much.

#14 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:06 PM

I don't care what you all say, I still hate him. He is getting help which is fine enough for him, but I hope he never hits the ice again.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#15 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:13 PM

I don't care what you all say, I still hate him. He is getting help which is fine enough for him, but I hope he never hits the ice again.

meth is a terrible drug, that's thoughtful of you to have so much hope for the guy.

:thumbup:
Posted Image

#16 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

meth is a terrible drug, that's thoughtful of you to have so much hope for the guy.

:thumbup:

HAHAHAHA! Yeah that's what I meant. <_<

Though he does seem like the kind of trash that would use Meth.

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick, 27 December 2010 - 06:35 PM.

"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

2011 playoff pick game

#17 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:18 PM

meth is a terrible drug

Posted Image

#18 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

I hate the little bastard on the ice. He's a dirty player and a blemish on the league. I don't wish ill will upon him personally, but honestly he will not be missed by me during his time in rehab. Ideally he'd get clean and hang up the skates.

He's part Inuit, isn't he? I'm guessing he has a genetic and cultural tendency towards substance abuse.

#19 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

I hate the little bastard on the ice. He's a dirty player and a blemish on the league. I don't wish ill will upon him personally, but honestly he will not be missed by me during his time in rehab. Ideally he'd get clean and hang up the skates.

He's part Inuit, isn't he? I'm guessing he has a genetic and cultural tendency towards substance abuse.

Thats what I came in here to say. Being from Nunavut he came from a lot of alcohol problems which also leads to a lot of depression and suicide in that part of the country. My guess is alcohol.

Also you guys can hate him all you want but coming from what he came from and becoming a millionaire while dealing with his brother terrance's suicide I can respect. But yeah I know this is LGW so if anyone ever touches a red wing it is automatic hate on and off the ice... :rolleyes:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#20 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

Thats what I came in here to say. Being from Nunavut he came from a lot of alcohol problems which also leads to a lot of depression and suicide in that part of the country. My guess is alcohol.

Also you guys can hate him all you want but coming from what he came from and becoming a millionaire while dealing with his brother terrance's suicide I can respect. But yeah I know this is LGW so if anyone ever touches a red wing it is automatic hate on and off the ice... :rolleyes:

It isn't because he touched a Wing, but because he is a s***-stain on the sheet that is the NHL.

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

2011 playoff pick game