• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

It isn't because he touched a Wing, but because he is a s***-stain on the sheet that is the NHL.

What did he do that made him a s*** stain? Hes thrown a couple sucker punches which aren't really honourable but fighters should have known were coming. He plays physical and is an agitator. Was Ted Lindsay a s*** stain on the NHL?

I dont blame people for hating him on the ice but not knowing him at all when people can't respect the fact that he basically came from alcoholic and depressed poverty while dealing with his brothers suicide at a critical time in his life and now is a millionaire playing in the NHL then these people need a serious reality check.

You shouldn't let your love of a team and a game blind you of what some people go through in their lives, Tootoo has probably been through the most s*** in his life out of every single player in the league

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#22 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

I don't really like the guy on the ice but if he recognized that he had or has a problem and is getting help for it, more power to him, especially if he's not being forced kicking and screaming to do so.

I agree. I don't like him, but wish him all the best. Jordan had a brother who committed suicide, so good to see him to get some help.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#23 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

What did he do that made him a s*** stain? Hes thrown a couple sucker punches which aren't really honourable but fighters should have known were coming. He plays physical and is an agitator. Was Ted Lindsay a s*** stain on the NHL?

I dont blame people for hating him on the ice but not knowing him at all when people can't respect the fact that he basically came from alcoholic and depressed poverty while dealing with his brothers suicide at a critical time in his life and now is a millionaire playing in the NHL then these people need a serious reality check.

You shouldn't let your love of a team and a game blind you of what some people go through in their lives, Tootoo has probably been through the most s*** in his life out of every single player in the league

He may have gone through some things in his life, but I frankly don't care. Sorry, but I don't.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#24 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

Good luck to him, I hope he's successful with his recovery.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#25 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

Hell, if I had whistles blowing from all directions every time I tried to do my job, I'd drink heavily too.

Plant me firmly in the "I can't stand the SOB, but" camp as well.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:41 PM

I hate Tootoo, but I feel bad for him and his fmaily, hopefully he cleans up and doesn't relapse. Drugs killed our Probie too soon, i'd hate to see it happen to another hockey player down the road.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#27 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:46 PM

he did last long...

a few years ago, he was saying to Cheli something about Cheli's age and how he is much younger and will play many years...

moron is a moron event in rehab.

#28 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

I dislike him greatly, but I hope he can clean up his act. Everyone deserves a second chance to get their s*** together and get clean. Hopefully his time in rehab will give him an epiphany and he'll decide to retire and take up watercolors.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#29 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:01 PM

He's one of those guy you hate playing against, but we all know he would be a fan favorite in Detroit. Hopefully he sorts his problems out and returns to the ice soon.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#30 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

He's one of those guy you hate playing against, but we all know he would be a fan favorite in Detroit. Hopefully he sorts his problems out and returns to the ice soon.

Wouldn't be one of my favorites. Mostly because I'd have to kill myself in embarrassment the first time a Detroit fan blew a train whistle.

#31 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:10 PM

Wouldn't be one of my favorites. Mostly because I'd have to kill myself in embarrassment the first time a Detroit fan blew a train whistle.

I'll admit, the train whistle is lame. We could do without the train whistle if he was a Wing.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#32 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

No I would still hate him, just like I hate Bert if he were here.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#33 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

This. thisthisthisthis.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#34 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,601 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:14 AM

This doesn't come as a complete shock. But, it is the first step.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#35 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:23 AM

I hate the little bastard on the ice. He's a dirty player and a blemish on the league. I don't wish ill will upon him personally, but honestly he will not be missed by me during his time in rehab. Ideally he'd get clean and hang up the skates.

He's part Inuit, isn't he? I'm guessing he has a genetic and cultural tendency towards substance abuse.

And tend to suffer from depression.

Link to an article 5 yrs ago, his brother committed suicide with a shotgun after he was charged with impaired driving.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...too_jordin.html

Sounds like he has a lot of struggles, not sure if it is just cultural or if he is still grieving in one way or another with the loss of his brother. Many people tend to cope in different ways, some care better than others.

May he get the help that is needed and life a healthy life.

Edited by Rivalred, 28 December 2010 - 09:32 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#36 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

LIFE > HOCKEY

hes not a murderer, or a rapist. give him respect and wish him well as he tries to get his LIFE together.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#37 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

LIFE > HOCKEY

hes not a murderer, or a rapist. give him respect and wish him well as he tries to get his LIFE together.

Hopefully he can pull his life together and lace up the skates again.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#38 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,444 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

I hate to hear that anyone has derailed their life with drugs or any other substance/abuse/addiction. I wish him well, and whether or not he comes back to play, hope he finds some peace. I don't hate any player in the NHL (including Pronger, who I detest in so many ways) enough to wish them ill personally.

Tell them to lose the whistles when/if you come back, OK, Toots? ;)

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#39 F2B&G

F2B&G

Rookie

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

Some Preds blogs are saying that he was a very common sight at bars in Nashville, so booze seems to be the likely culprit.

#40 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,608 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

Nothing unusual.

Probert and McCarty were known to have drinking problems of their own.

There's probably a lot more untreated cases around the NHL that we never hear about.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.