• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rick Zombos Ghost

Jordin Tootoo in rehab

Rate this topic

he did last long...

a few years ago, he was saying to Cheli something about Cheli's age and how he is much younger and will play many years...

moron is a moron event in rehab.

I dislike him greatly, but I hope he can clean up his act. Everyone deserves a second chance to get their s*** together and get clean. Hopefully his time in rehab will give him an epiphany and he'll decide to retire and take up watercolors.

He's one of those guy you hate playing against, but we all know he would be a fan favorite in Detroit. Hopefully he sorts his problems out and returns to the ice soon.

Wouldn't be one of my favorites. Mostly because I'd have to kill myself in embarrassment the first time a Detroit fan blew a train whistle.

I hate the little bastard on the ice. He's a dirty player and a blemish on the league. I don't wish ill will upon him personally, but honestly he will not be missed by me during his time in rehab. Ideally he'd get clean and hang up the skates.

He's part Inuit, isn't he? I'm guessing he has a genetic and cultural tendency towards substance abuse.

And tend to suffer from depression.

Link to an article 5 yrs ago, his brother committed suicide with a shotgun after he was charged with impaired driving.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/aboriginals/tootoo_jordin.html

Sounds like he has a lot of struggles, not sure if it is just cultural or if he is still grieving in one way or another with the loss of his brother. Many people tend to cope in different ways, some care better than others.

May he get the help that is needed and life a healthy life.

Edited by Rivalred

I hate to hear that anyone has derailed their life with drugs or any other substance/abuse/addiction. I wish him well, and whether or not he comes back to play, hope he finds some peace. I don't hate any player in the NHL (including Pronger, who I detest in so many ways) enough to wish them ill personally.

Tell them to lose the whistles when/if you come back, OK, Toots? ;)

Wouldn't be one of my favorites. Mostly because I'd have to kill myself in embarrassment the first time a Detroit fan blew a train whistle.

Yes but..at times we've had plastic octupi, pink rally towels and imo the worst was when the fans cheered louder all game for the m n m's races on the scoreclock than they did during the game.

As for addictions Probert, Kocur, Klima, Kennedy, McCarty and others. I wish him well.

Scott Parker struck me as a guy that had a problem.

Link Gaetz.

Yes but..at times we've had plastic octupi, pink rally towels and imo the worst was when the fans cheered louder all game for the m n m's races on the scoreclock than they did during the game.

As for addictions Probert, Kocur, Klima, Kennedy, McCarty and others. I wish him well.

Link Gaetz.

Gaetz was another one. I wonder how Brian McGrattan is doing. He went into the program a few years back, so he must be doing alright..

When I use to live in Nashville, Tootoo was always in the clubs and drank ALOT! He was always s*** faced drunk. He also had a serious stalking problem. There were many girls that stated he would wait outside their house and watch them, as well as simply not leave them alone. Toot's dated one of the trending country singers (can't remember her name because I hate country music) but she stated that Toot's stalked her as well after they broke up.

Toot's has some serious issues, but although we all hate him on the ice, its nice to see that he realizes he has a problem and wants to fix it. Best of luck!

Good news... I can't stand Tootoo, but wish him no harm. Glad he got better, and good on the Preds and NHL for standing up for him and with him as he tries to right the ship. Hope he learned something from this and makes the most of a second chance not everyone gets in life.

Now, I hope the Wings beat the Preds' butts on 4/2, because I plan to be there. :lol: