• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Congratulations Chris Osgood!

Rate this topic

I am happy for the win but a coach always looks for improvement, the whole team must be going, so in a way i wrote for babcock there. :ph34r:

This ought to be your middle name. "BUT", as in "Yeah, but...". But in your case and in my mind it has more than one meaning.

I think I speak for a lot of people by saying that you two can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Be an a'hole and pull this s**t if he struggles in a game or was a major reason the team lost a game. 400 wins for a goaltender rarely comes around. Don't do this crap after people in here are happy for the guy winning 400 games, espeically when he all but stole the game and kept the Wings in a game they had little business in winning.

What the hell is the matter with you two?

Hey. They got their 10 seconds of fame by being negative nancys. And who knows what twisted motivation they have to come up with to sound so stupid?

Been watching clips of Ozzie's awesomeness over the years. Despite a rough start (that second goal was terrible) Ozzie was the reason the Wings won this game. If not for him they would have been blown out. That second period was out of this world.

Way to go Ozzie!

Guest CaliWingsNut

I think I speak for a lot of people by saying that you two can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Be an a'hole and pull this s**t if he struggles in a game or was a major reason the team lost a game. 400 wins for a goaltender rarely comes around. Don't do this crap after people in here are happy for the guy winning 400 games, espeically when he all but stole the game and kept the Wings in a game they had little business in winning.

What the hell is the matter with you two?

My problem is he barely won this game after losing two before it, and people act like he pulled off the performance of a lifetime. The game went to overtime because of his "amazing performance".

He let in two goals he should have had, potentially 3. This is with Lidstrom having an amazing night.

I'm happy he got 400. Now please stop playing him.

My problem is he barely won this game after losing two before it, and people act like he pulled off the performance of a lifetime. The game went to overtime because of his "amazing performance".

He let in two goals he should have had, potentially 3. This is with Lidstrom having an amazing night.

And our problem with you is that you are pissing on the party on something that has barely been accomplished in the NHL, just by 10 people now, and you do not seem to get this whatsoever.

Everybody gets that one of the goals he gave up was junky. Osgood said so as well.

Oh, and he made 45+ saves matching a career high and goalies typically aren't depended on, and shouldn't be depended on to make that many saves in a game. So I'd say it was an amazing performance.

Now I will repeat to you. 400 wins. Very few people have accomplished this. Regardless of how Osgood did this, it is a helluva accomplishment.

This thread should only be about giving him kudos for getting to 400 wins. Not about last year's junky record, not about soft goals he gave up in the playoffs in the late 90s, not about is he possibly going to be inconsistent again this year.

400 wins celebrating ONLY.

Don't be an a'hole and piss on the party anymore is the point, which unforuntately you've happened to do twice. Be an a'hole in an Osgood thread where it is warranted, which isn't this thread.

Guest CaliWingsNut

And our problem with you is that you are pissing on the party on something that has barely been accomplished in the NHL, just by 10 people now, and you do not seem to get this whatsoever.

Everybody gets that one of the goals he gave up was junky. Osgood said so as well.

Oh, and he made 45+ saves matching a career high and goalies typically aren't depended on, and shouldn't be depended on to make that many saves in a game. So I'd say it was an amazing performance.

Now I will repeat to you. 400 wins. Very few people have accomplished this. Regardless of how Osgood did this, it is a helluva accomplishment.

This thread should only be about giving him kudos for getting to 400 wins. Not about last year's junky record, not about soft goals he gave up in the playoffs in the late 90s, not about is he possibly going to be inconsistent again this year.

400 wins celebrating ONLY.

Don't be an a'hole and piss on the party anymore is the point, which unforuntately you've happened to do twice. Be an a'hole in an Osgood thread where it is warranted, which isn't this thread.

Oh how dare I. I'm sure I'm ruining Chris's special day.

I'm not the one calling you an a'hole, mr wannabe moderator.

Oh how dare I. I'm sure I'm ruining Chris's special day.

I'm not the one calling you an a'hole, mr wannabe moderator.

Who said anything about me wanting to be a moderator?

I'll repeat to you, there is another appropriate time and place to bag on Chris Osgood. This is not the appropriate time and place.

Don't act so stupid and you won't get such a response. I know you cannot be this braindead about things on a consistent basis.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Who said anything about me wanting to be a moderator?

I'll repeat to you, there is another appropriate time and place to bag on Chris Osgood. This is not the appropriate time and place.

Don't act so stupid and you won't get such a response. I know you cannot be this braindead about things on a consistent basis.

For someone who doesn't wanna be a moderator, you're doing a lot of moderating. I'll post what I please, kthxbye

For someone who doesn't wanna be a moderator, you're doing a lot of moderating. I'll post what I please, kthxbye

And I'll post what I please as well. And that includes calling you or anybody out if I think it is necessary to do so. If you don't like it, that's your tough s**t.

Is the bold a joke?

Seriously, stop trolling us.

You're right. It doesn't. It doesn't concern anyone else, either.

Now, how about that Chris Osgood, huh? 400 wins sure is something.

It was a matter between the two of us, and the two of us ALONE that didn't require butting in by anybody else, which you did. Your snarky response wasn't necessary.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Is the bold a joke?

Seriously, stop trolling us.

Sorry, you're right. I embellished that comment a bit. He should have had 1 or 2 of those goals last night. I'll give the 3rd (last) one to the Av's.

I'm not trolling. I'm stating my opinion.

I'm happy he got 400. He's done a ton for the wings in the past, but he makes me cringe every time I see him in net.

Can he please retire now (since he'll never be traded again)?

It was a matter between the two of us, and the two of us ALONE that didn't require butting in by anybody else, which you did. Your snarky response wasn't necessary.

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

Guest mindfly

I'm with you on this one. :thumbup:

If it was in PM's, you'd be right. But it wasn't, and you're not.

I'm with you on this one. :thumbup:

And the world is not shocked at all.

Sorry, you're right. I embellished that comment a bit. He should have had 1 or 2 of those goals last night. I'll give the 3rd (last) one to the Av's.

I'm not trolling. I'm stating my opinion.

I'm happy he got 400. He's done a ton for the wings in the past, but he makes me cringe every time I see him in net.

Can he please retire now (since he'll never be traded again)?

Can you celebrate Osgood getting his 400th win without making backhanded comments?

Edited by Doc Holliday

Nothing anyone says to anyone on the boards is between them "alone". That's what PMs are for. Maybe I was tired of trying to weed through your Internet dick measuring contest with CaliWingsFan to get to all the other posts in this thread that aren't two grown men calling each other assholes.