• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Congratulations Chris Osgood!

Rate this topic

Sorry, you're right. I embellished that comment a bit. He should have had 1 or 2 of those goals last night. I'll give the 3rd (last) one to the Av's.

I'm not trolling. I'm stating my opinion.

I'm happy he got 400. He's done a ton for the wings in the past, but he makes me cringe every time I see him in net.

Can he please retire now (since he'll never be traded again)?

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

Nobody. I don't like people being stupid when it is extremely easy to avoid, and I felt like you needed to be called out for it.

Much better and more reasonable last post there.

Nothing anyone says to anyone on the boards is between them "alone". That's what PMs are for. Maybe I was tired of trying to weed through your Internet dick measuring contest with CaliWingsFan to get to all the other posts in this thread that aren't two grown men calling each other assholes.

And you, somebody not in a position in power or decision making on here, added to the clutter without needing to do so. It was a strong disagreement between the two of us that did not require having anybody else butting in. It wasn't your fight, we were going to eventually come to an understanding of each other, which we did and it didn't require outside help from people who aren't mods/decision makers or being a smart-allec telling us to stop. You do not have to be in the middle of every fight telling people to grow up or trying to stop everything when it isn't your battle.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

My problem is he barely won this game after losing two before it, and people act like he pulled off the performance of a lifetime.

First off, seeing as it was a completion of something that only 9 other players in last 93 years have done, yeah it was the performance of a lifetime. Oh yeah and he stopped 46 of 49 shots for a sv% of 93.9% - yeah pretty good game. Not to mention a few other little things like only allowing 1-7 pp to result in a goal.

The game went to overtime because of his "amazing performance".

He let in two goals he should have had, potentially 3.

Yeah and he did let in about 10 shots that should have been goals but he managed to stop them. Seriously you are complaining that 7 power plays and and 49 shots resulted in 3 goals. You can say Ozzy hasn't played well lately but you are just completely insane if you are trying to argue that he wasn't incredible last night.

This is with Lidstrom having an amazing night.

Yeah and the rest of the team playing very poorly and giving up 49 shots. Additionally, Lids may have played great but they were without Datsyuk, Cleary, Raffy (and to a much lesser degree Modano). To say Lids had a great game and therefore it should have been easy for the team to win is silly. They were without their one player mentioned as a Hart contender this year, their hottest goal scorer (maybe tied with Mule) and their 2nd best Dman. But yeah Lids was great so it must have been an easy win.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, awesome game by Ozzy, incredible achivement, and hope he continues to play like that the rest of the season. :clap: :clap:

Guest CaliWingsNut

First off, seeing as it was a completion of something that only 9 other players in last 93 years have done, yeah it was the performance of a lifetime. Oh yeah and he stopped 46 of 49 shots for a sv% of 93.9% - yeah pretty good game. Not to mention a few other little things like only allowing 1-7 pp to result in a goal.

Yeah and he did let in about 10 shots that should have been goals but he managed to stop them. Seriously you are complaining that 7 power plays and and 49 shots resulted in 3 goals. You can say Ozzy hasn't played well lately but you are just completely insane if you are trying to argue that he wasn't incredible last night.

Yeah and the rest of the team playing very poorly and giving up 49 shots. Additionally, Lids may have played great but they were without Datsyuk, Cleary, Raffy (and to a much lesser degree Modano). To say Lids had a great game and therefore it should have been easy for the team to win is silly. They were without their one player mentioned as a Hart contender this year, their hottest goal scorer (maybe tied with Mule) and their 2nd best Dman. But yeah Lids was great so it must have been an easy win.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, awesome game by Ozzy, incredible achivement, and hope he continues to play like that the rest of the season. :clap: :clap:

I mentioned Lidstrom only because a large number of osgood fans like to blame the defense for everything.

Lidstrom continues to amaze. He saved what I thought would be a sure goal on a 2 on 1 in the second period.

Who was it Hejduk that tried to make the pass? He had a better chance of shooting it in than trying to make the pass.

EDIT: I'm surprised Osgood isn't getting any attention for his accomplishment on TSN.

Edited by dragonballgtz

It was a matter between the two of us, and the two of us ALONE that didn't require butting in by anybody else, which you did. Your snarky response wasn't necessary.

I would only add to what Beth said that when some of these discussions get to a point where nobody is winning and everyone else is bored with it, maybe you need to take it to PMs?

Meanwhile, Happy New Year to ALL.

Edited by Vladifan

I mentioned Lidstrom only because a large number of osgood fans like to blame the defense for everything.

Seriously, have you watched Jimmy Howard lately? Ozzie has been just as good, if not better. Maybe that's not saying much with the way the defense has been playing, but stopping 46 shots is incredibly impressive. The only weak goal was the second one.

I now completely believe there are people that will never give Chris Osgood an ounce of credit no matter what. He makes 46 frickin saves and people are still bitching that he let in three goals.

I now completely believe there are people that will never give Chris Osgood an ounce of credit no matter what. He makes 46 frickin saves and people are still bitching that he let in three goals.

To give Ozzie credit when it's due would mean that they would have to destroy their unfounded view that he's "done", and they won't allow that to happen.

Ozzie deserved the #1 star in the game. He deserved the win. CaliWingsNut (among others) must have been watching a completely different game than 99.999% of us here, or are just completely ignorant/mentally challeneged in hockey. Again, Forty-six ******* saves! 4. 6. 46. That's a lot of saves for any goalie, and he turned all by 3 away (only one can be completely blamed on Ozzie and that was the 2nd goal).

Those that bash Ozzie in this thread are pretty much trolls. Plain and simple. Let's just ignore them and allow them to wallow in their misery/ignorance while the rest of us living in the real world can enjoy this great accomplishment!

So, what else is new, right? I swear, I've seen goalies win games and make spectacular saves and even get a shutout, yet someone will pipe up with "well, the saves weren't really that challenging," or "he only made 18 saves -- that was an easy win." It is never taken into account that half or more of those saves could have been a goal, with anyone else in net. Or that no NHL shutout is actually 'easy'.

I missed the game (damned non-hockey watching houseguests), but assume that the three let in were more than compensated by the other 46 pucks he did stop. I am proud that the Wings did their jobs and got one more goal that the other guys. In the long run, that's all that matters.

Down the road a bit, all people will remember is being there or seeing Ozzie hit the 400 milestone. Or, at least, that is what should be remembered.

Now for the real question....do you see #30 hanging from the Joe's rafters?

Actually there are 2 real questions.

Will his number be retired by the Wings? Will he be enshrined in the HOF? I say yes to both. Only 9 other goaltenders has made it to 400 wins. Its a huge milestone, and with 3 cups under his belt, I can easily see him getting in the HOF and his jersey being retired by the Wings.

Congratulations to the Wizard of Oz! He single-handedly won that game, and should have hit that milestone against Dallas. He has never played better, and he has probably never played for the Wings when he has gotten less help from his team (particularly the D.) If I were a Wing right now, I would feel much more confident with Ozzie in goal, but wouldn't be depressed if Howie came in.

Ozzie can play forever if he can maintain this level of play, and I'm sure at least twenty other NHL teams would be MORE than happy to have a goalie of his caliber. :thumbup:

P.S. I can't be more happy that it occured against Colorado. Their fans must have been incredibly deflated with a deep sense of lost opportunity. Their sadness and depression make me very, very :)

That WAS weird. Ozzy gets the win in phenomenal fashion and they pan the camera to Babcock and he looks like Ozzy just scored an own goal to lose game 7 of the Stanley Cup. That man is INTENSE and unflappable when his game face is on.

Babcock with the death stare

WAY TO GO OZZIE!!! I used to pretend to be him when I played goalie in soccer when I was little haha great to see him get into that elite group. HOF bound now.

I would do the same in grade school while we played soccer at recess (during the 1999-2000 season), I was always my teams goalie.

I forgot to say - GREAT game Oz. Admittedly, I had my doubts after the score was 2 - 1 only shortly after the Wings had tied it up. However, as a true competitor and champion, you found a way to clear your head and concentrate on the next save. Amazing win. 46 saves. Crazy.

Congrats on your 400th!

Congrats Oz! One hell of a game he played last night to get his 400th win. I wasn't sure the guys could pull out the win after Kronner took that penalty and the Dives tied it, but Ozzie definitely deserved it. What better team for it to come against too. Here's to many more wins Oz!