• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/29 GDT: Red Wings 7 at Stars 3

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

FoxSportsSW is showing the Wings/Stars game replay from last night.

Ah hahahaha!! It's even better, since I know how this one ends. :lol:

I did that with this game, i assumed it would be an ugly one, heck i even assumed rafalski and zetterberg would be out so i figured i shouldn't watch it live when it starts so late and most likely they would lose, then i go on mlive and see pat ha trick 7-3 win etc, it was fun to watch a game knowing it would be a good win, haha, i hate nervous games :hehe::ph34r:

I watched it "live" last night - as I DO crave adventure... and a lot of Tums, to settle my stomach. Scary, but a fun game to watch. :P

It's more fun watching the replay, since I know what is coming up. Still wondering why they pulled Lehtonen for the EN, but who cares? Hattie Eaves. :yowza: :yowza: :yowza:

I watched it "live" last night - as I DO crave adventure... and a lot of Tums, to settle my stomach. Scary, but a fun game to watch. :P

It's more fun watching the replay, since I know what is coming up. Still wondering why they pulled Lehtonen for the EN, but who cares? Hattie Eaves. :yowza: :yowza: :yowza:

yeah, i've thought about that, too. i guess at that point, you're down by three with three minutes left -- the chances of getting three goals in less than three minutes is pretty slim (even though they did that exact thing earlier in the game), so you figure at that point you have about a 99% chance of losing if you go five-on-five the rest of the way. if you get a six-on-five goal within a minute, then you only need two goals in two minutes. still not a great chance, but better. if you somehow get that, then you've got one minute to get one goal six-on-five, which is normally when people pull the goalie anyway.

so, yeah, the chances of them actually coming back at that point were pretty slim in any case, but unless you really care about your players' plus-minus rating or your team's overall GAA, losing 6-3 or 10-3 doesn't really make a difference. i respect that the coach was at least sending the message that down by three with three left, he thought his team had a chance to win.

Games like this is why I never stop watching until the end.

Twice in my life I went to a game, where we ended up down in goals, and people left early. Both times the Wings made a late comeback, followed by exciting overtime. Aside from being likely too drunk to stand, I found it funny that half the fans missed the best part of the game, because they simply gave up.

There are a few things you can be confident about in Detroit. One of them is that being down by a few goals is never a certain loss. Then again, being up by a few goals is never a sure win.

Almost every night, some team or another comes back from behind to win. Detroit has a reputation for doing it. Then again, Detroit also has a reputation for losing some games before the first period is over, lol.

As much as Drapes gets bashed here by the ignorant, he's still a gem in his old age. He's scrappy, he's got that veteran savvy, he's hardworking, he's great defensively, he can pitch in offensively, and he's got great leadership abilities.

I always got somewhat irritated with people when they flat-out insulted him.

When I look at Draper I see the future old version of Helm and when I look at Helm I see a younger version of Draper. Both have hands of stone early in their career.

As of right now Draper is currently out playing Miller IMO.

Guest mindfly

Miller doesn't do s*** for this club, he's the only player i've been disappointed in this last roadtrip, he does absolutely nothing, you could easily replace him with a better player from GR, luckily he's on a low-salary 1 year contract and most likely won't get re-signed.

When I look at Draper I see the future old version of Helm and when I look at Helm I see a younger version of Draper. Both have hands of stone early in their career.

As of right now Draper is currently out playing Miller IMO.

Drape is motivated.

He's had a lot of downtime. And he's ending his career. AND, he's the kinda dude that just gives a s***, how his team does.

Draper is a class act. Goals by him are always just bonuses.

Dude is older, slower, crappier than ever, but he exemplifies a work ethic, that is not paralleled.

Even in 2010, 2011, Draper still has a job to do. It's not goal scoring. It's not winning a cup. IMO, Draper is a professor, when it comes to 3rd and 4th line play. He's a champion of those lines.

I think he's just trying to show the young guys, how the f*** to do it :)

Excitement? Adventure? Mindfly craves not these things.

Super Adventure Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YtPrJL9OSs&feature=related

Miller doesn't do s*** for this club, he's the only player i've been disappointed in this last roadtrip, he does absolutely nothing, you could easily replace him with a better player from GR, luckily he's on a low-salary 1 year contract and most likely won't get re-signed.

Miller has become even more important on the PK especially since Lilja is not here anymore. I think he will be back

That record or statistic that says no team has beaten the Red Wings more than times in a row during the post lockout era is quite weird to say the least.

Yeah, and now the longest active streak is the Kings with 4. Dallas had 4, lost in #5.