511 replies to this topic

#461 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

Whoops.

Heh, it's okay, you were probably checking a site that hadn't updated their standings yet. I know it's kind of hit or miss with that sometimes. :P

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#462 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:28 PM

From now on, I'm just going to call a hat trick before the game and that way when it happens, I'll look clairvoyant.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#463 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

Ott and Burish... I don't think I've ever wanted a duo to run into each other and sprain each other's ACLs so badly since Kunitz and Perry.

EDIT: Missing words.

Edited by titanium2, 29 December 2010 - 11:36 PM.

#464 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

Great effort in the 3rd and congrats to Eaves on the hat trick. I'm tempted to try to score some free curly fries down here in Maryland while visiting family. Thanks for the commentary in the GDT since it's much better than just refreshing the log on TSN.

I may just become a regular in here once I get home to PA and the center ice package. I'm a PA native but I've been a wings fan since 83 though I'm a noob here.

Welcome! You have excellent taste in hockey teams. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#465 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:30 PM

From now on, I'm just going to call a hat trick before the game and that way when it happens, I'll look clairvoyant.

You always gotta throw in an unusual word don't ya. You're like a word of the day or something. :thumbup:

#466 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

Edicus,

I grew up in Pottsville (home of Yuengling, America's oldest brewery) but I currently live in a small town called Montrose about halfway between Scranton and Binghamton NY (yes I saw Eaves play a couple games with the baby Sens and yes I try to antagonize the fans of the baby Pens any time I get the chance)

If anyone here was on the old listserv that Dave Vergolini ran out of MSU back in the early 90's I was the guy from Penn State

Edited by TheXym, 29 December 2010 - 11:34 PM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#467 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

Great effort in the 3rd and congrats to Eaves on the hat trick. I'm tempted to try to score some free curly fries down here in Maryland while visiting family. Thanks for the commentary in the GDT since it's much better than just refreshing the log on TSN.

I may just become a regular in here once I get home to PA and the center ice package. I'm a PA native but I've been a wings fan since 83 though I'm a noob here.

Welcome to the boards.

Just saw that we had 4 goals on 6 shots in the 4rd. :P
Lehtonen was .760......ouch.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#468 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 788 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

What up boys. Great win. Love it.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#469 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

Edicus,

I grew up in Pottsville (home of Yuengling, America's oldest brewery) but I currently live in a small town called Montrose about halfway between Scranton and Binghamton NY (yes I saw Eaves play a couple games with the baby Sens and yes I try to antagonize the fans of the baby Pens any time I get the chance)

Ah, only a couple hours away from me, not too bad. And I love Yuengling, was introduced to that by a girl I used to date who went to Penn State. :P

ABV_sig.png

#470 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:42 PM

Oh? Where are you? A couple hours is driving distance to have a few beers and watch a game.

#471 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

Look at the distribution of ice time among the dmen.

Salei 22:32
Kronwall 22:29
Stuart 21:57
Lidstrom 19:30
Ericsson 17:34
Rafalski 16:17

Pretty cool. Not much difference. It's like the Western Conference standings.

#472 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:56 PM

Hate to be Debbie Downer yet again, but I'm not feeling this one, either. The last game surprised the heck out of me, but tonight they don't have a hell-bent Osgood to bail them out, so I'm going to stick to the doom and gloom for the time being. Despite my bad feeling, though, I'm still going to pick the Wings to win 4-3 again (but no OT please). Howie hasn't been doing spectacularly lately, so I'm guessing he's not going to keep it to 2 or under, but even with our horrible play at the Avs, we managed to get 3 goals in regulation, so I think they'll be able to at least repeat that. I think they could get 4 in regulation if they can get a few guys going who have been in sleep mode.

Was right about the 3 goals against, but SO SO WRONG about our goals!! :yowza: God, what an up and down game. First we're up one, then we're down count 'em 2, then WE just go on this absolute freakin' rampage!! I don't know if I say this enough, so I'll say it again: I LOVE RED WINGS HOCKEY!!! Heck yeah Hudler (keep it up!), heck yeah Howie (for being 1st to 20 goals and for looking really damn solid for 58 minutes of the game), and heck mofo-in' yeah to Eaves! We give you the hats, you give us the fries, we all go home happy. I like it!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#473 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:57 PM

If Eaves continues to emerge as a breakout player for the Wings it will be interesting to see what happens when the team gets healthy, including Modano. They'll be running out of spots for top-9, scoring-line-type forwards in a hurry.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#474 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

I think Kenny Holland needs to lock up Eaves with a multi year deal before July 1. He's been panning out nicely. I agree with those postulating that he could be the next Franzen or Cleary. If he keeps playing the way he has been his price is just going to go up. Unfortunately I don't know how the tagging rules constrain signings before the playoffs. If anyone knows feel free to chime in.

Lidstrom has also been on a tear, and it's nice to see him back on the plus side of the plus/minus stat again.

#475 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

Was this game on the NHL Network?

Also, how about all these one timer goals we seem to be having lately? Offense seems to be on fire with those shots.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 30 December 2010 - 12:20 AM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#476 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:31 AM

Was right about the 3 goals against, but SO SO WRONG about our goals!! :yowza: God, what an up and down game. First we're up one, then we're down count 'em 2, then WE just go on this absolute freakin' rampage!! I don't know if I say this enough, so I'll say it again: I LOVE RED WINGS HOCKEY!!! Heck yeah Hudler (keep it up!), heck yeah Howie (for being 1st to 20 goals and for looking really damn solid for 58 minutes of the game), and heck mofo-in' yeah to Eaves! We give you the hats, you give us the fries, we all go home happy. I like it!

Howard has scored 20 goals?

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#477 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

Oh? Where are you? A couple hours is driving distance to have a few beers and watch a game.

North Jersey, maybe 30 minutes from the Delaware Water Gap. :)

ABV_sig.png

#478 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

What a game! Tonight breaks a bit of a curse on me, as this is the first road game I've ever seen the Wings win. Every other time they either tied, or lost, dating back to 2001-2002. Very glad to have that particular monkey off my back.

The walk back to the truck was alot more fun too. Usually all the Stars fans are complete a-holes if they win against the Wings. Tonight, they were much more subdued. :sly:

And damn, this is a beautiful sight!
Attached File  photo.JPG   1.49MB   35 downloads

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#479 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:20 AM

Look at the distribution of ice time among the dmen.

Salei 22:32
Kronwall 22:29
Stuart 21:57
Lidstrom 19:30
Ericsson 17:34
Rafalski 16:17

Pretty cool. Not much difference. It's like the Western Conference standings.

Kronwall played 29 minutes against Colorado.

#480 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:25 AM

Howard has scored 20 goals?

Don't doubt Howard...

..but he means first to 20 wins.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen