• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rick Zombos Ghost

Zetterberg questionable, Rafalski game-time decision

Rate this topic

What the hell is happening here.....

Zetterberg Questionable against Stars

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/12/red_wings_henrik_zetterberg_qu.html

DALLAS -- Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg had his back tighten up during the morning skate today at the American Airlines Center, putting his status for the game against Dallas in question.

Zetterberg spent extra time getting treatment but said he had no idea if he’ll be ready to play.

“It’s a little stiff, seized up a litte bit out there,’’ Zetterberg said. “Did some treatment, go back to the hotel, see how it is tonight.’’

Zetterberg said he felt fine the whole practice, until the end.

“I just skated did a quick turn and my back seized up,’’ he said. “Been there before, felt the same feeling again.’’

He added, “I don’t think it’s too bad.’’

Zetterberg has been on a roll, with eight points in his last four games (three goals, five assists). He has stepped up in the absence of teammate Pavel Datsyuk (broken hand).

Rafalski Game-Time decision against Stars

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/12/status_of_red_wings_brian_rafa.html

DALLAS -- The status of Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brian Rafalski for tonight’s game in Dallas will be determined at game time (8:30, FSD Plus).

Rafalski skated this morning, after sitting out Monday’s game in Colorado due to a sore back.

“It’s not as bad, I’ve been able to skate after a couple of days,’’ Rafalski said. “Nothing too serious, just being smart about it. Don’t want to play and then be off.’’

Rafalski had back surgery in the summer but said this is the first time he’s experienced a problem since then.

“It just starting seizing up during the game (Sunday at Minnesota),’’ Rafalski said. “I felt it between the first and second (periods) sitting around, and then it got worse through the second. We knew something was going on so we cut back on the ice time.’’

If Rafalski can't play, rookie Jakub Kindl will remain in the lineup. Even if Rafalski is in, Kindl might dress at the seventh defenseman, if Henrik Zetterberg (back) can't go.

If Rafalski and Zetterberg are out, the Red Wings would have to play with 17 skaters, one less than a full complement, unless they can rush somebody to Dallas from Grand Rapids.

Here are the lines they skated with:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Miller-Abdelkader-Mursak

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Rafalski

Kronwall-Salei

If Rafalski can't play, it'll likely be Ericsson with Kronwall and Salei with Kindl.

Jimmy Howard will start in goal.

I feel your pain, GoWings1905, though not quite as much. I have Pavel and Cleary on mine.

Anyone else suddenly feel they needed a paper bag to breathe into when they saw this headline?

I feel your pain, GoWings1905, though not quite as much. I have Pavel and Cleary on mine.

Anyone else suddenly feel they needed a paper bag to breathe into when they saw this headline?

Yes.

Starting to feel a bit like last year. Its just hard to picture the Wings without Pav and Hank out there.

Franzen-Fil-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Abdelkader-Hudler

Eaves-Helm-Mursak

Miller-Draper-???

Could be worse I suppose, but come on...

Edited by hooon

I wonder if theyll rush someone out from GR. Not sure about Emmertons injury status but would be nice to see him get a game. And yeah I would rather him then iFlip. Emmerton is a young gun who has more of a future then Flip and Flip would be useless in a 4th line role. Emmerton is solid defensively and could be a pretty good 4th or 3rd line guy for the wings in a few years. Hell maybe even Andderson with the way he's been playing lately could get the call to play in the bottom 6

Lol. Sorry... I know it isn't funny, but still...

While you're at it... can you pick up Hudler?

:lol: I'm on it.

So on the Hulder-Filppula-Bertuzzi line who the heck is going to shoot the puck????

Filppula. Though it's more likely the puck will end up hitting the glass or the goalie than the back of the net.