• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Eaves day-to-day with "Upper Body Injury"

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Sucks for eaves he's been so hot... Glad to see Tatar get the chance so early, islanders is a young team so it's a good team for tatar to get a chance on, although i don't want him to be a grinder on the 4th line playing 5 minutes

Guest mindfly

He just turned 20, he must be the youngest player to play /get called up, in quite some time.. helm was 21 i think... hudler 21 or 22? same with filppula?

From mlive:

DETROIT -- Detroit Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves has been on a roll lately, but he won't play tonight against the New York Islanders (7 p.m., FSD) due to an upper-body injury sustained in Wednesday's 7-3 win in Dallas.

Coach Mike Babcock said Eaves is day-to-day and might play Sunday at home against the Philadelphia Flyers.

Tomas Tatar has been recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins and will make his NHL debut tonight.

Eaves is coming off his first career hat trick and has six goals in his last seven games, 11 for the season.

“Happened late in the game (before) I was able to get that last (goal),'' Eaves said. "It flared up on me yesterday.

“It’s going really well, but I’ll be back as soon as I can and hopefully continue to play at a good level and help the team out.’’

Henrik Zetterberg also didn't skate this morning, but he said he was just giving his back a rest and he'll be ready to play tonight.

Jimmy Howard will start in goal.

Here is the lineup:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Tatar

Miller-Abdelkader-Mursak

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Rafalski

Kronwall-Salei

Howard (starting)

Osgood

Tatar is the Griffins' leading scorer with 29 points, including nine goals, in 35 games. The native of Slovakia was Detroit's second pick (60th overall) in the 2009 NHL entry draft.

Wings got a pretty young team tonight, what's the average age compared to a full healthy lineup?

Edited by mindfly

Only change I would make is putting Tatar and Mursak on the same line...

Tatar-Abdelkader-Mursak

Draper-Helm-Miller

Tatar and Mursak have some chemistry together, and actually really like ribbing on each other and joking around.

Only change I would make is putting Tatar and Mursak on the same line...

Tatar-Abdelkader-Mursak

Draper-Helm-Miller

Tatar and Mursak have some chemistry together, and actually really like ribbing on each other and joking around.

Two guys with one NHL game between them on the same line? Not likely. Too much of a chance for jitters messing things up.

You guys need to relax on the injuries. They aren't that bad. That's the great thing about being in first place... you can actually rest guys with minor injuries and keep them healthy. Enter the depth we all coveted last season... we got it now and Babcock is using it. We're gonna be a machine heading into the playoffs.

You guys need to relax on the injuries. They aren't that bad. That's the great thing about being in first place... you can actually rest guys with minor injuries and keep them healthy. Enter the depth we all coveted last season... we got it now and Babcock is using it. We're gonna be a machine heading into the playoffs.

Have you seen the current standings?

Vancouver has 2 games in hand and are only 3 points back... Not to mention the rest of the pack, we only have a few game lead on everyone. Things can be flipped very easily

A healthy team is much more viable than injuries, even if they are nagging short term or crucial long term.

Edited by Rivalred

i agree.

Ritola, Abdelkader, Kindl were all 22 last year when they suited up for the Wings.

Abdelkader was 21 two seasons ago when he played for the Wings.

Three seasons ago Abdelkader and Ritola were both 20 when they played in a Winged Wheel.

Hudler and Fischer were both 20 in the early 2000's While Fischer also played as 19 year old.

So as it stands Abdelkader was the most recent 20 year old to play, but it's clear that Tatar has a lot more skill at 20 than AppleFritters did.

Side Note: Fischer was a regular at 19 years old!