Photo
- - - - -

12/31 GDT: Islanders 4 at Red Wings 3 OT)

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#421 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8evDuzL8Mw

yes yes yes yes it hit my stick
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#422 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:58 AM

This game was lost on bad defensive zone faceoffs pure and simple. Howard was not the issue, though 1 goal was questionable.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#423 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:13 AM

Wait, was this Tatar's first NHL game?

#424 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

Wait, was this Tatar's first NHL game?

Yes, and he looked fantastic!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#425 paulwoodsfan

paulwoodsfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

I loved when Tatar flashed the logo after he scored. That was a pretty awesome celebration lol

I'm hoping Tatar has a long, productive career with the Wings, but I didn't like that celebration st all. It was a "me" display on a team that wins by playing a "we" game. I have never seen any of the current Wings try to draw attention to themselves the way he did last night.

#426 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

I'm hoping Tatar has a long, productive career with the Wings, but I didn't like that celebration st all. It was a "me" display on a team that wins by playing a "we" game. I have never seen any of the current Wings try to draw attention to themselves the way he did last night.

It was his first NHL goal, and he was reppin' the logo on the front throughout his celebration. No complaints here. Nice to have a guy with emotion but who also seems team first.

On that note, I really like how Tatar was generating his chances and offense this last game... forechecking hard and going to the front of the net every chance he got. Bold for his size.

Edited by Datsyerberger, 01 January 2011 - 09:42 AM.

If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#427 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

wow you guys are seriously giving tatar s*** for celebrating a goal like that? i love it when a guy goes ape s*** when he scores brings energy to everyone. hes 20 years old and he scored his first NHL goal.f****** a

#428 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

:rolleyes:

wow you guys are seriously giving tatar s*** for celebrating a goal like that? i love it when a guy goes ape s*** when he scores brings energy to everyone. hes 20 years old and he scored his first NHL goal.f****** a

I agree. Some people seem to know how the Wings feel and how they should act. Good for Tatar and showing some emotion.

#429 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

yup. i could give a f*** less about how someone celebrates, per say.

Eavesf****** tackled draper after drapes scored. Most guys put their arms up, shake their fists, yell and scream, etc.

#430 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

what was wrong with Tatar's goal celebration?

The kid's excited to be wearing a Red Wing.

I thought it was a great celebration, and I was really excited that he scored in his first NHL game. This kid is going to be big. I was sad to hear Eaves was out, but really excited that Tatar was in and that I'd get to see him in his first game. But I thought it was kind of strange how he kind of bowled into Rafi and then went to hug the other guys. But I just chock that up to "what happiness looks like" as Ken said.

Howard can't stop af****** beach ball. Start Osgood. Jimmy needs to earn to play.

Howard is great in flashes but if he isn't the star he is almost always the goat. He has yet to learn how to win with the superior team. Howard has been poor in his last half-dozen or so, dozes when the Wings are running a clinic. The team could have played better as a whole and simplified here or there, but Howard needs to win these games. Say what you want about Osgood, he could win the lopsided ones.

Great post.

It's rare to find a thoughtful, reasoned one regarding goaltenders around here.

Jimmy hasn't been awful, but he certainly hasn't been as good as last season either. And Ozzy, thankfully, has been a lot better than he was this past season. I think Ozzy's warranted a few more starts. At the very least, hopefully it'll put some heat on Jimmy and he'll get his game back together.

I am a big fan of both Ozzie and Jimmy, but one thing I don't like that Babs does is set one standard for one player and a totally different standard for another. When Ozzie plays bad or not up to par, we don't see him for a few weeks to a month, but when Jimmy has a bad or not so great game, he gets another 5 to 10 starts to "work it out and get his game back." I just wish Babs stuck to his philosophy that "you have to earn your spot on the team for each game" evenly for ALL players on this team. I am in no way taking on the "sky is falling" thought process with our goaltending, since this has been mostly just for December only, but I feel Ozzie has definitely showed more consistency that Jimmy and deserves an equal number of starts. I think Jimmy would benefit from some competition to drive him to work on playing consistently both in games against tougher opponents and lesser opponents. Look at the beginning of 2009 between Conklin and Ozzie.

I was at the game last night, and they only showed part of the tribute to Ozzie on TV. What they showed on the big screen at JLA was really special, starting with a clip from his very first start in the NHL (and how young he looked). The arena was so loud with applause and cheers for him, especially when they showed "400 regular season wins." Congrats, Ozzie! You deserved it!

Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to a great 2011, especially a terrific June 2011!

#431 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,413 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:34 AM

I thought Tatar was cute, flashing the Winged Wheel. What's wrong with that, unless you're talking to a Pen's fan? :P

I miss the team having a bit of swagger and style. Yes, winning is wonderful, but so is letting the world know you think being a Wing is special - in an acceptable way, of course. I can't picture any of our guys being obnoxious, but I think it can go too far the other way. They downplay their excellence sometimes in an effort to "not win too big," as Hull used to say.

Good for Tatertots and his first NHL goal. May it be the first of many for the Wings. He is clearly very proud of his alliance with the Wings, which works for me! :thumbup:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#432 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,413 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

I was at the game last night, and they only showed part of the tribute to Ozzie on TV. What they showed on the big screen at JLA was really special, starting with a clip from his very first start in the NHL (and how young he looked). The arena was so loud with applause and cheers for him, especially when they showed "400 regular season wins." Congrats, Ozzie! You deserved it!

Ozzie tribute

here is the link from detroitredwings.com

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#433 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

Ozzie tribute

here is the link from detroitredwings.com

I'm so mad I've tried to watch this I think from another link but it's the same, goes to Red Wings TV and my computer won't play it because I need to update my flash player, which I can't do because of having the 64 bit operating system. I did see something about being able to use it if i have a 32 bit version of IE, but I refuse to use it. Might have to go the parents and watch all the videos I can't here.

I'm glad that they honored Ozzie last night, I didn't even think about that or I would have recorded the game since I missed it.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#434 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

That's a nice one, puckloo, but they showed an even nicer one at the Joe. I'll see if I can find it because it has some great video including his first start, his fight with Roy, and different Stanley Cup moments.

#435 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,413 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

That's a nice one, puckloo, but they showed an even nicer one at the Joe. I'll see if I can find it because it has some great video including his first start, his fight with Roy, and different Stanley Cup moments.

that would be great, if you can find it. They didn't show much on TV, but did show Ozzie skating out and humbly waving to the crowd, looking like an embarrassed kid even at 40. :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#436 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

dude the kid is 20, playing in the best world in the league (his dream) and scored a goal in his 1st game. God forbid someone shows some excitement
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#437 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

Paul Woods was lazy and he sucked

#438 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

dude the kid is 20, playing in the best world in the league (his dream) and scored a goal in his 1st game. God forbid someone shows some excitement

Not allowed. Detroit athletes should act like Barry Sanders when they score.

I like when Eaves and Filppula score because they show raw emotion, just like Tatar did.

The only celebrations I don't like are some of OVs premeditated ones. This is the NHL, not the NFL. Or it does bug me a little if someone scores a goal that puts them ahead by five with a minute left. Show a little class.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#439 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

The wings' do celebrate loud and hard during the playoffs, there are so many veterans on this team that only lives for the playoffs, so i understand they won't celebrate as much but also understand tatar, in his first nhl game, celebrates like he scores the OT winner in game7 of the stanley cup finals.

(even though you can hardly call it "score", the puck hit his stick, but he was going to the net and that should pay off)

Edited by mindfly, 01 January 2011 - 01:47 PM.

#440 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

I am a big fan of both Ozzie and Jimmy, but one thing I don't like that Babs does is set one standard for one player and a totally different standard for another. When Ozzie plays bad or not up to par, we don't see him for a few weeks to a month, but when Jimmy has a bad or not so great game, he gets another 5 to 10 starts to "work it out and get his game back." I just wish Babs stuck to his philosophy that "you have to earn your spot on the team for each game" evenly for ALL players on this team. I am in no way taking on the "sky is falling" thought process with our goaltending, since this has been mostly just for December only, but I feel Ozzie has definitely showed more consistency that Jimmy and deserves an equal number of starts. I think Jimmy would benefit from some competition to drive him to work on playing consistently both in games against tougher opponents and lesser opponents. Look at the beginning of 2009 between Conklin and Ozzie.

Every team's proclaimed starter gets more leeway when it comes to working through a rough stretch.
In spite of what people here think, in Babcock's mind Howard is the starting goalie for the Wings and it'll take a massive meltdown for that to change and so far that hasn't happened. While I agree that Osgood could play more often, there is not going to be a 50-50 rotation.