• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
npotts

Introduction and a jersey question

Rate this topic

Hi everyone!

New here but I've been a life long Wings fan. Grew up in a Red Wings family about an hour from Toronto in the middle of Leafs territory. Never thought to join a message board but I've had a question about a Detroit jersey from the past, that's been bothering me and I thought someone here might know. I have the striped jersey the wings wore in 91-92 and i wanted to get it done up with Probie's name and number (naturally.) So my question is this: I know that Gallant and Probert served as assistant captains that season but I'm not sure that they wore the A on these jersey's. None of the sweaters I've ever seen in this style have had them, but that could just be a mistake from the embroiderer/owners end. So can anyone help me????

Thanks,

Nathan Potts

Thanks man,

I know I've seen the captain's ones......the "C" is in a little diamond right? But I don't know if I've ever seen an assistants one with the "A", and if i'm gonna get the jersey done i needs to be accurate. Anyone???

Thanks man,

I know I've seen the captain's ones......the "C" is in a little diamond right? But I don't know if I've ever seen an assistants one with the "A", and if i'm gonna get the jersey done i needs to be accurate. Anyone???

They sure did! Need proof? :)

tbccofy1.jpg

Hi everyone!

New here but I've been a life long Wings fan. Grew up in a Red Wings family about an hour from Toronto in the middle of Leafs territory. Never thought to join a message board but I've had a question about a Detroit jersey from the past, that's been bothering me and I thought someone here might know. I have the striped jersey the wings wore in 91-92 and i wanted to get it done up with Probie's name and number (naturally.) So my question is this: I know that Gallant and Probert served as assistant captains that season but I'm not sure that they wore the A on these jersey's. None of the sweaters I've ever seen in this style have had them, but that could just be a mistake from the embroiderer/owners end. So can anyone help me????

Thanks,

Nathan Potts

I believe Probert only wore the A for a portion of that season, and I don't think he ever wore it with the throwback uniform. If you're unsure, you can have the shop cut the A for you, but give it to you loose. That way, if you find out differently, or change your mind down the road, you can just have it sewn on.