No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1/1 GDT: 2011 Winter Classic

Rate this topic

letang kind of looked like carcillo there

less hockey talk, more people crying about camera angles

Good game so far :rolleyes:

Quit crying about people who cry about camera angles.

Edited by R-Dizzle

Typing as I go.

So far I'm not impressed. The hype preceding this game, almost makes watching it lackluster as a result.

It's hard to feel any emotion for either of these teams. I guess, if you've only been a hockey fan for 1-2 years, it could be exciting, but I s*** you not, if the Fresh Prince was on right now, I would probably just watch that instead. TBS is doing Men in Black reruns, and I keep picking up the controller to change it.

Regardless, I'm going to suffer through all 60 minutes of this.

Even the fight seemed staged, since as it ended you could read their lips saying "That's enough, hey hey hey!!!"

Ovie fell, shows you the stress that the media has put on these guys. They're not playing for 2 points, and certainly not for any type of title, but everyone seems edgy, apprehensive. As though their retirement benefits depend on the success of the broadcast.

I'm sure every NBC and HBO big rig, has breathed enough hot air down each teams throats.

They turned the great sport of hockey into a reality TV show. That's what I see.

in canada we have the distinct pleasure of having Jim Houghston, Craig Simpson and Glenn Healy. :thumbup: :thumbup:

haha pierre lebrun just said sexy

and they just announced next year philly might get another winter classic in philly...

come on let some other teams have a shot! :thumbdown:

Oh, please. They are not comparing Ovi-Sid to the great rivalries of all times. Ali-Fraiser? Richard-Howe? No way.

Thanks, Mike for stating that it's not so.

I forgot how sexy Borg was. But then he's Swedish, so that figures. :wub:

Edited by 55fan

haha pierre lebrun just said sexy

and they just announced next year philly might get another winter classic in philly...

come on let some other teams have a shot! :thumbdown:

are you kidding me, they played the most boring game ever last year. Why the hell should they even be considered to have another chance, because they are having a good season ? I guess 20 Seasons in a row of playoffs doesn`t warrant the same, weird. Give two new teams a chance.

Allstar game's only on vs? I won't get it. Pity.

Hey! I know what they can do to grow the sport! Put it on a network that people GET!

and put it in Raleigh NC... a place well-known for its fanatical hockey fan base. Electrophile being the exception, of course. I can't imagine the crowd that will show up for All Star weekend -- expecting NASCAR.

This didn't take long to show up online

No, I didn't make it :P

OVIEFALLDOWN.gif

haha you are my saviour :yowza::blush:

and put it in Raleigh NC... a place well-known for its fanatical hockey fan base. Electrophile being the exception, of course. I can't imagine the crowd that will show up for All Star weekend -- expecting NASCAR.

Actually, the Hurricanes have a really great fan base. They aren't like Wings fans, but they're not the Thrashers, either.

Honestly. What is the rivalry thing? Crosby and Ovechkin do not even have a rivalry. I'm pretty sure both of them have no real personal feelings for one another at all.

Difference between Ovie and Crosby and the compared rivalries:

Ovie and Crosby will not face each other for the Stanley Cup so long as they both play in the same conference. Therefore its pointless at this point, they will probably never battle for the biggest prize in Hockey.

Edited by darkmanx