• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1/1 GDT: 2011 Winter Classic

Rate this topic

Actually, the Hurricanes have a really great fan base. They aren't like Wings fans, but they're not the Thrashers, either.

if you say so. Doesn't ring like a hockey city to me, that's all. Neither to Atlanta or Nashville. But neither did Dallas, and it was quite successful as an All Star venue, I hear.

Honestly. What is the rivalry thing? Crosby and Ovechkin do not even have a rivalry. I'm pretty sure both of them have no real personal feelings for one another at all.

Sid/Ovi is no different really than Yankees/Red Sox. The players have no animosity toward one another, it's the fans/press that hype it up. The last time the Yankees & Red Sox really hated each other and I mean really hated each other, when there was a full on bar-brawl going on (Pedro throwing Zimmer to the ground doesn't count), was the 1970s. Thurman Munson bodyslammed Carlton Fisk onto home plate, Bill Lee had his shoulder separated, someone punched Lou Piniella in the face -- it was brutal.

So this whole Crosby vs. Ovechkin thing is totally press manufactured for the sole purpose of driving up drama and starting s*** between Pens fans and Capitals fans. Nothing more, nothing less.

You know the "Last" button on a control, that flips you between two channels?

I have it set, one channel to this game on NBC, and one channel to the Weather Channel.

Then I flip between them both, and try to figure out which is more full of s***.

It was weird watching the replay of the wings-hawks winter classic. I saw this guy named Hudler drive the net and weave in and out players.

Yeah I watched that with my dad on Christmas eve. I wanted to know when the goals were coming so I looked up the scoring summary and said to him "okay, now pay close attention, because you're about to see something you might not get to see much more this season..."

if you say so. Doesn't ring like a hockey city to me, that's all. Neither to Atlanta or Nashville. But neither did Dallas, and it was quite successful as an All Star venue, I hear.

No, it's not a traditional hockey city, you're right. They're never going to have as rabid a fan base as other teams in more hockey-suitable climates. It's just my sister's boyfriend is a huge Canes fan and they've been to more than a few games this season and she's told me the seats are almost completely full and there's great energy. So it's a SSS and anecdotal evidence, but it's what I got. :cool:

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Ah see he tripped over that black object there... :hehe:

HAHAH! good observation!

start of the 2nd. starting to drizzle

There's the rain. Let's get these fools scoring.

OMG, your avatar!! :lol:

Visors with windshield wipers, what a concept!! I sure am glad I am home where it's dry, and not cold! :D

This could get dangerous... Ovi almost got one there!!

Baseball players, football players.....they can play in the rain. There isn't as much chance for injury on wet grass or mud. Hockey players? It'll be a miracle if no one snaps an ACL in this mess.

Hah! Beth! We think alike. :D

Great minds, etc,.

Heated benches, hand warmers? If you're cold, stay cold. It would work out better in the long run.

Shades of Mystery, Alaska. :lol:

Malkin scores!

And Pittsburgh WINS THE CUP!!!!!!!!!!

oh, wait... it just looks that way from the celebration. <_<

Let's go, Caps!

Edited by puckloo39