• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1/1 GDT: 2011 Winter Classic

Rate this topic

That's what's all over Twitter. Even NBC was confused why there was no handshakes.

I have absolutely no doubt now that it was no mistake that Crosby didn't shake Nick's hand (yeah, yeah, call me out for bringing that up again two years later, whatever). Good job marketing the game, Crybaby.

People really need to stop bringing it up.

He was in an interview before the handshake line started. Let off it. Tonight was an indicator of something. 2009 was not.

Guest Stolberg

He was wearing a Penguins hat during the second intermission, at the very least.

:satisfied:i saw a winter classic hat with blue stripes

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

god i love that Caps Jersey!

its got "sexy" written all over it

Guest Stolberg

I think you're right... it's just that the cap sported the exact colors of (coincidentally???) the Penguins jerseys. Huh. How about that??

it's almost as if the winter classic took place in pittsburgh

The guy is simply posting that to get attention to himself. Anyone who knows hockey can see that was not an intent to injure and he most likely never even saw Crosby coming. Give me a break, lord help us if someone ever injures this little baby, they'll get suspended for the year.

How could anyone find this game boring? Am I the only one to find this game entertaining.

No, I thought it was great. Some stuff I noticed:

They had their regular 40 shots of Crosby, but not the one where he slashed an opponent (no call) with the Caps players almost coming off the bench. Eddie even noticed it!

The style of play seemed different than most hockey games. Mostly short passes, and lots of dump and chase. Could have been the weather conditions. Thing is, the Caps scored a goal (their 2nd?) when they carried it in.

I loved watching Le Fleur dance around his little environs, almost giving up one more goal because of it.

I wondered what Crosby did (again) at the end of the game to cause the scrum behind the net. That was right before he did his traditional whinefest to the ref.

And I still hope and pray that Crosby didn't get a point. Gotta check the stats...