• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1/1 GDT: 2011 Winter Classic

Rate this topic

Guest Stolberg

2008 (PIT vs. BUF): 2.6 overnight rating, 2.2 final rating, 3.7 million viewers

2009 (DET vs. CHI): 2.9 overnight rating, 2.5/5 final rating, 4.4 million viewers

2010 had lower ratings than both i think

apparently there is some new incriminating video of Ovie's wipeout in the first period:

ovpierre.gif

dude between this and your avatar pic ive never seen anything funnier on the internet.

can i get a link for that gif so i can show it to my friends?

It seems that after every high profile game, Crosby ALWAYS has some sort of snide comment to make, like his "I don't know what happened. I was just sitting there and suddenly was down on the ground. It was pretty far behind the play."

He ALWAYS says crap like this and it's so passive aggressive it annoys me.

Oh and during that interview he finished that comment off with "it was to the head". It was on the NHL network after the game.

dude between this and your avatar pic ive never seen anything funnier on the internet.

can i get a link for that gif so i can show it to my friends?

thanks! if you right click on it you should be able to download it or copy the link.

avatar: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2792/murph2.gif

pic: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8247/ovpierre.gif

Edited by kook_10

Egads, can you imagine Babcock having this sort of attitude? A regular season win doesn't get you any closer to the Cup than you were before; winning more than one playoff series in three years would be an actual start.

Funny thing is that when he first talked about the game, he made it seem like it was nothing special "It's just two points..." Then it looked as if he realized he had just completely downplayed the entire event and proceeded to over hype the s*** out of it!

This game was actually a snoozer. The fight looked staged as most of them do but at least it had one. Other than that it was not that great of a game. The atmosphere is always worth tuning in to though. Found it quite comical to watch Varlamov react like they won the Cup.

Who cares about the '10 Winter Classic? 2011 has had the highest ratings with 4.56 million viewers, that's a win

I thought he was referring to this years Winter Classic. Which just squeaked by the 09 for viewers which is kinda sad considering it had 5000 times the hype/advertisement and the 2 golden boys.

Crosby (and the rest of the Penguins) have now begun to whine about the Steckel hit. Stay classy, morons.

"How tall is Steckel?" Crosby asked. "I find it hard to believe that his shoulder hit me in the head ... at 6-foot-5 ... by accident."
"It was definitely dirty," defenseman Brooks Orpik said. "Sid was just skating by and he definitely wasn't near the puck."
"Any time the puck isn't there and you finish your hit on a guy isn't good," Rupp said. "We aren't happy about it. It was not a clean play."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_716481.html

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Crosby (and the rest of the Penguins) have now begun to whine about the Steckel hit. Stay classy, morons.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_716481.html

Being on the ice you think these players would actually know what they are talking about. Steckel tried to get out of the way. A player deliberately trying to deliver a check doesn't jump out of the way. JOKE.

I thought he was referring to this years Winter Classic. Which just squeaked by the 09 for viewers which is kinda sad considering it had 5000 times the hype/advertisement and the 2 golden boys.

Great point. I believe that naturally, the game is becoming more and more popular. For the NHL to showcase the leagues two "biggest stars", and barely surpass a Winter Classic from two years ago...it may have not of met some expectations from the commissioner.

NHL ratings: Numbers up slightly for Winter Classic on NBC Saturday night

Sports Media Watch | Jan. 3, 2011 2:01 p.m.

"Pushed to primetime due to inclement weather, Saturday's NHL Winter Classic had a modest rise in overnight ratings on NBC," Sports Media Watch writes, adding, "The Capitals' win over the Penguins in the Winter Classic earned a 2.8 overnight rating on NBC Saturday night, up eight percent from last year (PHI/BOS: 2.6), but down a tick from 2009 (DET/CHI: 2.9). The 2.8 overnight is the second-highest for a regular season NHL game since February 1996 (regional: 3.0, FOX)."

Squeaked?

This game had the most viewers in 36 years.

Can't say they didn't get what they wanted out of that game.