• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/2 GDT: Flyers 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

I'll give Flip a ton of credit for making a great play and a great shot there. Real nice.

However, I don't take back anything I said in the "Should Flip be traded" thread.

And does Flip have 1 goal, 2 goals or 0 goals now in this game...? :P

You're right, it's not. But making a change in goaltending is an easy way to send a message to a team playing badly.

And it just might have made a difference now too...

Of course, you're right. However, there are those who will assume that the Wings came back because of Ozzie -- and that Howard's the reason the team sucked pucks for the first 40 minutes.

Lines have been tweaked too. Just mixing things up, the previous plan wasn't working, go to plan B.

And if Plan B doesn't work, well, Murph, you'll have to make a sacrifice for the good of the Wings, so hand over that hot dog of yours.

You're right, it's not. But making a change in goaltending is an easy way to send a message to a team playing badly.

And it just might have made a difference now too...

I know, I just don't like the message that sends to Howard after a rough stretch now for awhile when he's obviously frustrated. You can see it in his face. I've been a proponent of Osgood getting more starts, but I question Howard getting pulled. As I've been saying since last year, Howard's young and still learning. I think we expect way too much out of him and I just hope he doesn't turn into another one season wonder. Osgood benefited early in his career from having a veteran play a lot and take the lead in the playoffs. They're both naturally cool, but even the cool goalies can lose track of their heads early in their career. I just don't really like the way they've dealt with Howard or the goaltending in general the last couple years. Both guys are getting the shaft in different ways.

I am glad to see Ozzie in for one reason, must mean that Babs has faith in him again. It's only a good thing going forward. Having two very capable goalies is better than one.

Agreed. Babcock NEVER pulls Howard in favor of Ozzie. It's a paradigm shift, that's for sure.