• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/2 GDT: Flyers 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Hartnell proves the point I made earlier, Howard is too predictable. I'm tired of seeing him so low on the ice that they score every time over his shoulders or so it takes him forever to get up and over. Howard takes the butterfly just way too far. He needs some retooling to be effective again. In the meantime, put in Ozzie who seems to have gotten his act together and knows how to keep a team in a game.

Guest mindfly

wings need to send howard to that goalie coach they sent ozzie to a couple year ago maybe he will smarten up about playing in his crease.

Detroit needs to trade for a goalie at the trade deadline :thumbup:

Guest mindfly

I agree, Howard isnt that good right now, maybe prepare for next year.

And a good no.1 goalie on any team in the nhl might not be for the best either, there are plenty of solid backups in some teams that could excell playing behind the wings D, preferably a good stick-handler who can play the puck to the D and make everything quicker...maybe mathieu garon, jose theodore, martin brion (hey french conncetion) or someone?

Edited by mindfly

And a good no.1 goalie on any team in the nhl might not be for the best either, there are plenty of solid backups in some teams that could excell playing behind the wings D, preferably a good stick-handler who can play the puck to the D and make everything quicker...maybe mathieu garon, jose theodore, martin brion (hey french conncetion) or someone?

I would love to see biron or garon in a wing uniform just dont know what it would take to get them.

Name me some, please.

Since you believe you are right about everything.

Guest mindfly

Name me some, please.

Since you believe you are right about everything.

To Columbus: Hudler+3rd round pick (maybe kindl or some other prospect if they have to)

To Detroit: Garon

I think colbums can ride with Mason and pick up another one from their farm team.

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly

Leighton just put up on waivers... he could probably look better than howard behind the detroit team..but he is pretty mediocre..

Leighton just put up on waivers... he could probably look better than howard behind the detroit team..but he is pretty mediocre..

To you, every goalie in the league looks better than any and all goalies the wings have, have had or ever will have.

In fact, that probably goes for the skaters too.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

This place gets irrational real quick when the Wings lose. Newsflash, the Wings are not trading for a goaltender. What they would get in return would be a pittance to what they would have to give up. All players go through rough patches during the season, even the goalie. It is only Howard's second year so of course there are going to be some things that are not perfect. Few goalies come into the league and dominant from beginning to end. Give Jimmy some time on the bench and let Ozzie take a few games here.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

To Columbus: Hudler+3rd round pick (maybe kindl or some other prospect if they have to)

To Detroit: Garon

I think colbums can ride with Mason and pick up another one from their farm team.

So we send a division rival a young, top-6 skilled forward who is just picking up his game back to where it belongs, a highly rated young defenseman, and a 3rd round pick all for just a 32 year old backup goalie?

Stuff like this is why you are a joke mindfly.

Guest mindfly

So we send a division rival a young, top-6 skilled forward who is just picking up his game back to where it belongs, a highly rated young defenseman, and a 3rd round pick all for just a 32 year old backup goalie?

Stuff like this is why you are a joke mindfly.

Well you can probably get him for just a pick but they might want more if its from a divisional rival.

It is embarassing to see how quick so many of you are to throw Howard under the bus. He is going through a rough patch but remember this is only his 2nd full season in the league, I would suggest he still has alot to learn but he has been brilliant for us over the last season and a half and to even suggest trading for another goalie is just absurd. Oh and Mindfly you are like driving by a bad car accident. I cant hit the ignore button with you because I can't wait to see how retarded your next post is.

Guest mindfly

It is embarassing to see how quick so many of you are to throw Howard under the bus. He is going through a rough patch but remember this is only his 2nd full season in the league, I would suggest he still has alot to learn but he has been brilliant for us over the last season and a half and to even suggest trading for another goalie is just absurd. Oh and Mindfly you are like driving by a bad car accident. I cant hit the ignore button with you because I can't wait to see how retarded your next post is.

Open your eyes, buddy.

This is why they need to play Ozzie more. Howard is no better between the pipes than Ozzie is right now. However, Ozzie has the experience. I say play him more, it may save the Wings collective butts in the playoffs.

I am not throwing Howard under the bus, I am simply recognizing the fact that there is like 8 points that separates the Wings and 8th place, and if Howard keeps playing like he has been for the past month, the Wings will quickly find themselves at 8th place; especially without Pavs! Quite frankly, I am getting tired of the excuses for Howard every game (The D hung him out to dry, they were unstoppable shots). Guess what, it is the job of the goalie to make key saves at a key time to keep his team in the game and Howard HAS NOT been doing that... that cannot even be argued right now.

Ozzy has been fantastic for the Wings, and the Wings play better in front of him; There is NO REASON that Howard should still be given more starts than Ozzy right now. I want it split 50/50 with the better goalie starting more games near the end and into the playoffs... IMO Ozzy looks to be in the form he was a couple years when they won the Cup and the best chance for a Cup this year will have Ozzy in net. Babcock needs to be smacked in the head so he realizes this.

Howard is slumping. It's a fact. That is not to say he's a terrible goalie. His defenders are just as bad as his ultra-attackers in this case. You don't keep playing a goalie who can't get his act together when you have a perfectly good goalie waiting in the wings. Howard needs a 2-3 game stretch off so he can spend some time with the goalie coach and retool. Then, when he comes back, let the starting position get decided naturally. I don't see what is so shocking and upsetting about this to so many people.

I am not throwing Howard under the bus, I am simply recognizing the fact that there is like 8 points that separates the Wings and 8th place, and if Howard keeps playing like he has been for the past month, the Wings will quickly find themselves at 8th place; especially without Pavs! Quite frankly, I am getting tired of the excuses for Howard every game (The D hung him out to dry, they were unstoppable shots). Guess what, it is the job of the goalie to make key saves at a key time to keep his team in the game and Howard HAS NOT been doing that... that cannot even be argued right now.

Ozzy has been fantastic for the Wings, and the Wings play better in front of him; There is NO REASON that Howard should still be given more starts than Ozzy right now. I want it split 50/50 with the better goalie starting more games near the end and into the playoffs... IMO Ozzy looks to be in the form he was a couple years when they won the Cup and the best chance for a Cup this year will have Ozzy in net. Babcock needs to be smacked in the head so he realizes this.

:rolleyes::thumbdown:

Three things:

1. Babcock needs to play Howard next game because he IS a sophomore and it may effect his confidence and then he'll pull a Tim Cheveldae. Just in case he is fragile-minded, you don't wanna mess with that.

2. Babcock SHOULD play them every other and tell them, who ever wins, gets the next start, lets make this a competition again.

3. Believe you me, you guys argue over trading for a goalie at the deadline, but if Osgood and Howard are both playing subpar, Holland will make a deal for a goalie if the right one is available. He went into the playoffs last year with a Rookie and a vet who was playing bad, you see how far that got them, he won't make that mistake again. SOmeone said it best in the Leighton thread, the NHL is about winning NOW, and if Lids does hang em up next year, Holland will want his best chance THIS year to win it. Confidant goalies are gonna make that happen, not the opposite.

4. Trade Hudler. ( I know I said three things, but I just couldn't resist!)

Three things:

1. Babcock needs to play Howard next game because he IS a sophomore and it may effect his confidence and then he'll pull a Tim Cheveldae. Just in case he is fragile-minded, you don't wanna mess with that.

You mean former All-Star goaltender Tim Cheveldae?

2. Babcock SHOULD play them every other and tell them, who ever wins, gets the next start, lets make this a competition again.

Basing it on winning alone is silly; if one goalie faces 15 great chances and stops 13 but loses, while the other goalie only faces 13 shots and wins, how do you determine who deserves the starts based on that?

3. Believe you me, you guys argue over trading for a goalie at the deadline, but if Osgood and Howard are both playing subpar, Holland will make a deal for a goalie if the right one is available. He went into the playoffs last year with a Rookie and a vet who was playing bad, you see how far that got them, he won't make that mistake again. SOmeone said it best in the Leighton thread, the NHL is about winning NOW, and if Lids does hang em up next year, Holland will want his best chance THIS year to win it. Confidant goalies are gonna make that happen, not the opposite.

A deal for a goalie would happen before the deadline. As far as last year; it was a rookie and a vet who wasn't playing at all.

4. Trade Hudler. ( I know I said three things, but I just couldn't resist!)

Use up the box of tissues yet?