• Please log in to reply
553 replies to this topic

#541 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

Well you can probably get him for just a pick but they might want more if its from a divisional rival.

UNless we put Modano on LTIR for the entire season we wouldn't have cap space.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#542 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

It is embarassing to see how quick so many of you are to throw Howard under the bus. He is going through a rough patch but remember this is only his 2nd full season in the league, I would suggest he still has alot to learn but he has been brilliant for us over the last season and a half and to even suggest trading for another goalie is just absurd. Oh and Mindfly you are like driving by a bad car accident. I cant hit the ignore button with you because I can't wait to see how retarded your next post is.

Open your eyes, buddy.

#543 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

Open your eyes, buddy.

You telling someone else to open their eyes....Oh, the irony.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#544 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

It is embarassing to see how quick so many of you are to throw Howard under the bus. He is going through a rough patch but remember this is only his 2nd full season in the league, I would suggest he still has alot to learn but he has been brilliant for us over the last season and a half and to even suggest trading for another goalie is just absurd. Oh and Mindfly you are like driving by a bad car accident. I cant hit the ignore button with you because I can't wait to see how retarded your next post is.

This is why they need to play Ozzie more. Howard is no better between the pipes than Ozzie is right now. However, Ozzie has the experience. I say play him more, it may save the Wings collective butts in the playoffs.

#545 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

I am not throwing Howard under the bus, I am simply recognizing the fact that there is like 8 points that separates the Wings and 8th place, and if Howard keeps playing like he has been for the past month, the Wings will quickly find themselves at 8th place; especially without Pavs! Quite frankly, I am getting tired of the excuses for Howard every game (The D hung him out to dry, they were unstoppable shots). Guess what, it is the job of the goalie to make key saves at a key time to keep his team in the game and Howard HAS NOT been doing that... that cannot even be argued right now.

Ozzy has been fantastic for the Wings, and the Wings play better in front of him; There is NO REASON that Howard should still be given more starts than Ozzy right now. I want it split 50/50 with the better goalie starting more games near the end and into the playoffs... IMO Ozzy looks to be in the form he was a couple years when they won the Cup and the best chance for a Cup this year will have Ozzy in net. Babcock needs to be smacked in the head so he realizes this.

#546 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

Howard is slumping. It's a fact. That is not to say he's a terrible goalie. His defenders are just as bad as his ultra-attackers in this case. You don't keep playing a goalie who can't get his act together when you have a perfectly good goalie waiting in the wings. Howard needs a 2-3 game stretch off so he can spend some time with the goalie coach and retool. Then, when he comes back, let the starting position get decided naturally. I don't see what is so shocking and upsetting about this to so many people.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#547 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

I am not throwing Howard under the bus, I am simply recognizing the fact that there is like 8 points that separates the Wings and 8th place, and if Howard keeps playing like he has been for the past month, the Wings will quickly find themselves at 8th place; especially without Pavs! Quite frankly, I am getting tired of the excuses for Howard every game (The D hung him out to dry, they were unstoppable shots). Guess what, it is the job of the goalie to make key saves at a key time to keep his team in the game and Howard HAS NOT been doing that... that cannot even be argued right now.

Ozzy has been fantastic for the Wings, and the Wings play better in front of him; There is NO REASON that Howard should still be given more starts than Ozzy right now. I want it split 50/50 with the better goalie starting more games near the end and into the playoffs... IMO Ozzy looks to be in the form he was a couple years when they won the Cup and the best chance for a Cup this year will have Ozzy in net. Babcock needs to be smacked in the head so he realizes this.

:rolleyes: :thumbdown:

#548 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

Three things:

1. Babcock needs to play Howard next game because he IS a sophomore and it may effect his confidence and then he'll pull a Tim Cheveldae. Just in case he is fragile-minded, you don't wanna mess with that.

2. Babcock SHOULD play them every other and tell them, who ever wins, gets the next start, lets make this a competition again.

3. Believe you me, you guys argue over trading for a goalie at the deadline, but if Osgood and Howard are both playing subpar, Holland will make a deal for a goalie if the right one is available. He went into the playoffs last year with a Rookie and a vet who was playing bad, you see how far that got them, he won't make that mistake again. SOmeone said it best in the Leighton thread, the NHL is about winning NOW, and if Lids does hang em up next year, Holland will want his best chance THIS year to win it. Confidant goalies are gonna make that happen, not the opposite.

4. Trade Hudler. ( I know I said three things, but I just couldn't resist!)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#549 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

I think Jimmy is letting those Degree Men's antiperspirant commercials go to his head. Pretty soon he is going to have his own brand.

#550 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

Three things:

1. Babcock needs to play Howard next game because he IS a sophomore and it may effect his confidence and then he'll pull a Tim Cheveldae. Just in case he is fragile-minded, you don't wanna mess with that.

You mean former All-Star goaltender Tim Cheveldae?

2. Babcock SHOULD play them every other and tell them, who ever wins, gets the next start, lets make this a competition again.

Basing it on winning alone is silly; if one goalie faces 15 great chances and stops 13 but loses, while the other goalie only faces 13 shots and wins, how do you determine who deserves the starts based on that?

3. Believe you me, you guys argue over trading for a goalie at the deadline, but if Osgood and Howard are both playing subpar, Holland will make a deal for a goalie if the right one is available. He went into the playoffs last year with a Rookie and a vet who was playing bad, you see how far that got them, he won't make that mistake again. SOmeone said it best in the Leighton thread, the NHL is about winning NOW, and if Lids does hang em up next year, Holland will want his best chance THIS year to win it. Confidant goalies are gonna make that happen, not the opposite.

A deal for a goalie would happen before the deadline. As far as last year; it was a rookie and a vet who wasn't playing at all.

4. Trade Hudler. ( I know I said three things, but I just couldn't resist!)

Use up the box of tissues yet?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#551 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

Open your eyes, buddy.

Realizing that this post has no substance but yet your's just oozes it as well so....

You have to gotta be f***in s***tin me Posted Image

First LOL of the new year. Thanks
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#552 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

You mean former All-Star goaltender Tim Cheveldae?

Yes The same one who couldn't stop a beach ball after losing to Toronto in the first round of 1993, then was traded...

Basing it on winning alone is silly; if one goalie faces 15 great chances and stops 13 but loses, while the other goalie only faces 13 shots and wins, how do you determine who deserves the starts based on that?

I get it, so let the guy who stops 13 quality shots but still loses get the nod over the guy who stops 12 quality shots and wins... Wins = Starts, just ask Scotty Bowman

A deal for a goalie would happen before the deadline. As far as last year; it was a rookie and a vet who wasn't playing at all.

I concur, but Osgood wasn't playing because Howard WAS WINNING..... (hmmmmm, great concept.)

Use up the box of tissues yet?

No, I have some left over for you to use to wipe Hudler's jizz off your chin....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#553 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

Yes The same one who couldn't stop a beach ball after losing to Toronto in the first round of 1993, then was traded...

I have to figure that the "couldn't stop a beach ball" part comes more from the fact that his starting job was stolen by a rookie, as his save percentage over his career did not vary by much.

I get it, so let the guy who stops 13 quality shots but still loses get the nod over the guy who stops 12 quality shots and wins... Wins = Starts, just ask Scotty Bowman

I said one guy stops 13 great chances, and the other guy only faces 13 shots. Unless you think every shot is a quality chance, which completely changes the hypothetical situation around.

I concur, but Osgood wasn't playing because Howard WAS WINNING..... (hmmmmm, great concept.)

Osgood sat for 20+ games last season without interruption. Howard went 37-15-10; that's twelve more wins than losses. Certainly Howard wasn't playing every game due to winning the previous game.

But you seriously don't think there were points in there where Osgood could have reasonably been inserted for a game here and there, do you?

No, I have some left over for you to use to wipe Hudler's jizz off your chin....

Not my style, thanks.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#554 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

Open your eyes, buddy.

We are not your buddy guy

Go live with the Danish