• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mroepke5

USA vs Canada (WORLD JUNIOR SHOWDOWN)

Rate this topic

US got the bye straight to the semi-finals, and Canada defeated the Swiss 4-1 in the quarterfinal to set up the match-up. The game is at 7:30 tomorrow on NHL Network or TSN (depending on location). Being from the US, I sure am pulling for the Americans but of course I realize Canada is the favorites. Hopefully the Canadians are worn out from the quarters and the US used that day off well. What do you guys think?

US got the bye straight to the semi-finals, and Canada defeated the Swiss 4-1 in the quarterfinal to set up the match-up. The game is at 7:30 tomorrow on NHL Network or TSN (depending on location). Being from the US, I sure am pulling for the Americans but of course I realize Canada is the favorites. Hopefully the Canadians are worn out from the quarters and the US used that day off well. What do you guys think?

Canada is not the favs, everyone up here already knows USA are the favs, and still are imo. Canada's game got exposed big time by the Swedes.

Canada is not the favs, everyone up here already knows USA are the favs, and still are imo. Canada's game got exposed big time by the Swedes.

That's very true, but looking at the two teams performances vs the swiss...usa looked shaky and it made me nervous. Canada pulled away, although it did take a while.

GO USA, even though they beat us last year i still want them to win over canada.

the usa won the world juniors last year. i can only assume you are talking about the olympics.

Edited by mroepke5

Guest mindfly

the usa won the world juniors last year. i can only assume you are talking about the olympics.

US beat sweden in the semi finals 5-2 after sweden tied it 2-2 in late second if i remember correctly, then David Rundblad f***ed up big time on the blueline

Where did you hear that Canada was the favorite? I heard just the opposite

Where did you hear that Canada was the favorite? I heard just the opposite

the usa won last year, and did win their pool while canada finished second behind sweden. but with the history canada has in this particular tournament, and revenge factor. i personally have a hard time picking anybody else to win the gold.

Guest mjtm77

Sorry to break to you usa fans canada will win and prob loose to sweden in the final. I would bet my house on Canada USA dosent look as good. Yes iam that confident

Sorry to break to you usa fans canada will win and prob loose to sweden in the final. I would bet my house on Canada USA dosent look as good. Yes iam that confident

That's risky. Jack Campbell is an awesome goalie and he is much better than anyone Canada has now. Although Visentin looked ok against the Swiss.

Guest mjtm77

No Hall, Eberle, Bourque, Kadri, Kozun, Caron etc.

There is no way without those key players Canada should even compete this year for anything other than Bronze.

by the end Schenn will have more points then those players did last year

That's risky. Jack Campbell is an awesome goalie and he is much better than anyone Canada has now. Although Visentin looked ok against the Swiss.

after not geting gold last year there is no way Canada looses this game.

Edited by mjtm77

Guest mindfly

And sweden don't have; Pääjärvi, Ekman-Larsson, Josefsson etc... and Landeskog injured.

by the end Schenn will have more points then those players did last year

after not geeting gold last year there is no way canada looses this game.

What is he Crosby now ? One player can't win the tournament by himself, not to mention he makes a ton of mistakes because it seems to be all about him most of the time.

Guest mjtm77

Does findland play Russia? and if they do when?

What is he Crosby now ? One player can't win the tournament by himself, not to mention he makes a ton of mistakes because it seems to be all about him most of the time.

Nope, he does make lots of mistakes but someone was saying there was no Eberle to score goals.....

Guest mindfly

Does findland play Russia? and if they do when?

Nope, he does make lots of mistakes but someone was saying there was no Eberle to score goals.....

They are playing right now, TSN2 & nhl network.