• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#21 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

And sweden don't have; Pääjärvi, Ekman-Larsson, Josefsson etc... and Landeskog injured.

#22 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

by the end Schenn will have more points then those players did last year

after not geeting gold last year there is no way canada looses this game.

What is he Crosby now ? One player can't win the tournament by himself, not to mention he makes a ton of mistakes because it seems to be all about him most of the time.

#23 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

Does findland play Russia? and if they do when?

What is he Crosby now ? One player can't win the tournament by himself, not to mention he makes a ton of mistakes because it seems to be all about him most of the time.

Nope, he does make lots of mistakes but someone was saying there was no Eberle to score goals.....
Posted Image

#24 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,241 posts

Playing now

works every time

#25 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Nope, he does make lots of mistakes but someone was saying there was no Eberle to score goals.....

They are playing right now, TSN2 & nhl network.

#26 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,241 posts

Playing now

works every time

#27 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

anyone have a stream ?

#28 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

anyone have a stream ?

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4cf1c11c40652

veetle player required,

Arent you in canada it's on TSN2

#29 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

They are playing right now, TSN2 & nhl network.

TSN2 has a Raptors game on it right now. Sucks. Maybe they will go there after. TSN says it's showing it but it was Al Micheals interviewing Bradford.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#30 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

I dont have that channel, they mostly play Darts and Bowling and I hate both of them. They make you pay for TSN2 or upgrade to another higher package. :thumbdown:

Thanks for the link.

#31 mroepke5

mroepke5

Helm for the Hatty

• 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

Russia and Finland tied 1-1 after 1

"And for the team, I always tried to do the right thing."

Steve "The Captain" Yzerman

#32 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

US got the bye straight to the semi-finals, and Canada defeated the Swiss 4-1 in the quarterfinal to set up the match-up. The game is at 7:30 tomorrow on NHL Network or TSN (depending on location). Being from the US, I sure am pulling for the Americans but of course I realize Canada is the favorites. Hopefully the Canadians are worn out from the quarters and the US used that day off well. What do you guys think?

As someone who doesn't really care who wins, likes Canada and America equally, and sings both "Oh Canada" and "The Star Spangled Banner" at sporting events, I'm cheering for Mitch Callahan.

Lets Go Red Wings!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#33 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

the usa won last year, and did win their pool while canada finished second behind sweden. but with the history canada has in this particular tournament, and revenge factor. i personally have a hard time picking anybody else to win the gold.

:rolleyes: Oh ye of little faith.

#34 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Canada played in a harder group and have looked better then the US thus' far.

US might be a bit more talented however. We shall see, it should be a great game.

Posted Image

#35 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

I hope Canada wins..
Schenn has been wicked though, he looks much better than his brother.

O.o

#36 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

Canada couldn't handle the Swede's speed, and USA is even faster. Plus, we have Callahan on the USA team while Sheahan was cut by Canada.

I just want USA to win so I don't have to listen to smug "Hokey wis borne in da Cananada" people talk about how great their WJHC teams are.

Should be a good hard hitting game. Canada built their team specifically to beat USA.

Edited by Konnan511, 02 January 2011 - 10:28 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#37 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

Canada couldn't handle the Swede's speed, and USA is even faster. Plus, we have Callahan on the USA team while Sheahan was cut by Canada.

I just want USA to win so I don't have to listen to smug "Hokey wis borne in da Cananada" people talk about how great their WJHC teams are.

Should be a good hard hitting game. Canada built their team specifically to beat USA.

Ah let them have it, a Canadian team hasn't had a Stanley Cup since 1993. It's their way to distract themselves on how disappointing the Canadian NHL teams have been for almost 20 years.

I have a theory that's reason why the tournament is so popular. If the Canadian teams were serious Stanley Cup contenders, this tournament wouldn't be as followed so closely in Canada.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#38 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:13 AM

Ah let them have it, a Canadian team hasn't had a Stanley Cup since 1993. It's their way to distract themselves on how disappointing the Canadian NHL teams have been for almost 20 years.

I have a theory that's reason why the tournament is so popular. If the Canadian teams were serious Stanley Cup contenders, this tournament wouldn't be as followed so closely in Canada.

I really doubt thats it, the tournament is popular because Canada is crazy about hockey. Isn't it weird that tomorrow is the States first sell out all tourney because theyre playing Canada and something like two thirds of all tickets went to Canadians? That has nothing to do with Canadian teams not winning cups, Leafs fans dont care if the Habs win cups in fact they would rather that not happen.

Not to mention since 93 there has been more Canadians then any other country hoist the cup, Canadians love hockey plain and simple.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#39 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

No not at all......
Posted Image

#40 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:14 AM

Despite us missing a lot of key players, I see Canada beating the US. Only time will tell.

You talk as if Canadian NHL teams have only Canadian players, and American teams only have American players.

Edited by L3T5G0W1NG5, 03 January 2011 - 05:15 AM.