• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

It seems like it could be a safe pick up. Let him come to camp next year and see if he can bounce back, if he sucks then I don't believe there is any rule saying that The Wings cant just waive him again (Correct me if im wrong here). If thats the case then there is really no harm in grabbing him. If he has a great rebound year he will look like a steal at 800k, and if not, send him down to GR or hope someone else picks him up.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#42 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:29 PM

He played one game before being put in the minors some time ago. I would guess he has performed poorly during his time in the minors and they are checking if anyone will bite.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#43 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:04 AM

He's played well with the phantoms actually posting a .926 save percentage

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#44 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

Leighton recalled by Flyers

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#45 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

From TSN:

I think we should pick him for backup Howard. Because Osgood is inactive, and we are not sure if he can be 100% in the playoffs. Therefore, we need one to support Howard when he is not 100% in the playoffs.

We would have to pick up the 1.6 mill which I am pretty sure we don't have right now to use. Not a salary cap guru though.

Wow
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#46 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

I'm guessing the Flyers are doing this because Bob and Boucher are playing terrible as of late
IPB Image

#47 grwingfan

grwingfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

View PostHankthaTank, on 05 April 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:
We would have to pick up the 1.6 mill which I am pretty sure we don't have right now to use. Not a salary cap guru though.

I think we would only be on the hook for half that number as the Flyers would still be on the hook for the other half.

#48 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

Wow

I stated at the end I am not huge on salary stuff... I then went on to say I realized it was there as plain as day in the article and called myself out on it. :lol: some people and their holier than thou attitudes...
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#49 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

I stated at the end I am not huge on salary stuff... I then went on to say I realized it was there as plain as day in the article and called myself out on it. :lol: some people and their holier than thou attitudes...

So knowing now that he is only an 800K contract next season would you like to see the wings pick him up?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#50 grwingfan

grwingfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

So knowing now that he is only an 800K contract next season would you like to see the wings pick him up?

I would pick him up. Have Osgood retire then have Howard and Leighton as the goalies.

#51 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

For 800k I would probably take him as a more than serviceable backup. Only thing is, if we can have Joey for that price, then keep him.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#52 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

I don't think Holland will make a move. Unless he knows something about Osgood's condition that we don't. I think Holland is loyal to Osgood and give him enough time to see if he can play next season. If Osgood retires there should be enough free agent backup goalies available.

Edit: Oh, Leighton cleared the waivers already.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 06 April 2011 - 01:21 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |