• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/4 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Oilers 3

Rate this topic

Go Ozzie!

I realize that I'm biased, being a huge Ozzie fan, but I am also strong in my feelings that Howard is the Goalie of the Future for this team.

Still, I feel it is in the best interest of both the goalies and the team that both start as much as possible (edge to Howard) so that Howard is fresh for the playoffs and Ozzie is ready in case of the unthinkable.

Go Wings!!!!!

Ozzie with the double hat trick and a Gordie Howe to boot!

Exactly, so many people around here think it has to be either or. People arguing for more starts for Ozzie aren't arguing for Howard to be dumped or traded, just that he needs some time to clear his head while we see if Ozzie can continue to play big for us.

Enough Canada-USA talk, :lol: back to real hockey and the quest for a 5th Stanley Cup since 1997.

I'll be out a bit tonight, but should be home for the last half of the game. We've been playing well on the road lately and I expect it to continue. I'm saying 5-2 Wings!

I love Miller, and i think he was a fine addition to this team, but he is one of the players that can be replaced without this team missing a beat.

Hasn't Sauce already shown he can contribute more than Miller? We have Abdelkader/Eaves/Helm/Franzen/Filppula/Draper that can easily take Miller's place on the PK.

fully agree. I want to see more of tommy tats!

Go Ozzie!

I realize that I'm biased, being a huge Ozzie fan, but I am also strong in my feelings that Howard is the Goalie of the Future for this team.

Still, I feel it is in the best interest of both the goalies and the team that both start as much as possible (edge to Howard) so that Howard is fresh for the playoffs and Ozzie is ready in case of the unthinkable.

Go Wings!!!!!

Ozzie with the double hat trick and a Gordie Howe to boot!

Well said about the Ozzie-Howard thing. I don't know how you can really not really like both of these guys. I think Howard's got a ton of potential and I really hope he is the goalie of the future and successful at that. But that said, I think Osgood needs to be starting more and I think they need to get back to developing Howard instead of trying to force him into a starting role that he wasn't quite ready for yet. It's absolutely no knock on him as a goalie. We're really, really, really lucky to have a couple guys that aren't head cases, who are humble and team guys that seem to love playing here. It's a great situation. I just hope Babcock doesn't drive Jimmy into the ground this year. That's why I want to see a shift back to a real rotation and Osgood starting in the playoffs for Jimmy to observe so he can really be ready in 1-2 years. Patience is cool. It's why Osgood has got a lot of Cups and 400 wins. Jimmy's too talented and too good of a guy to waste by burning him out early.

I played baseball with Jeff Petry's brother, Matt (who's now in an MLB farm team) when I was a kid. Their dad is ex-Tiger Dan Petry. They're one of those families that are crazy talented at everything.

Edited by WMUCarGuy

Larry Murphy, while praising Flip's recent play, telling it how it's been historically: "He's been a good two-way player but he hasn't put up the numbers the team wants from him."

I note this for those who try to suggest that the team hasn't been disappointed with his offensive output the last few years, despite the fact that it's mentioned in the press almost every other month it seems. He's been playing well the last few games, it's a good streak. Let's see if he can do what he's yet to do and turn it into something that doesn't end up being just another streak. Here's hoping.

Watching this game from work again :P I didn't get to see all of the last game but I'm hoping things are different this time around. The Oilers can be a good team with their young players but I think the Wings should have no problem matching them as long as they play a full 60 minutes, even without Datsyuk and Cleary. Here's to a good game!

Red Wings 5 (Bertuzzi, Franzen, Zetterberg, Filppula, Ericsson)

Oilers 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Everytime we see Tatar my wife starts quoting Mr. Burns from The Simpons... "Let the fools have their tartar sauce" I don't know why it's funny but it makes me laugh. :rolleyes: