#541 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

Helm and Draper in the same game.

:scared:

That cannot have just happened. I'm in some kind of alternate reality, aren't I?

#542 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

awww. Ozzie's dad is cute! How nice he got to play this game so his dad could be there, and WIN besides. Awesome!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#543 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

17 minutes for Helm, wow. Well deserved, player of the game for sure.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#544 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

The guy that threw the octopi made this happen.

Seems like it

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#545 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

A little scary there in the 3rd, but great finish! A couple beauties tonight by Draper and Helm.

Ozzie, 401 and counting!

Gotta love it :thumbup:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#546 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

Posted Image

#547 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:36 PM

This team needs to figure out what to do defensively to stop giving up 3 goals a game. We aren't going anywhere in the playoffs if we keep doing it.
  • Nev likes this

Posted Image

#548 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Ozzie gets #401. Thing of beauty. With the exception of that stinker of a 3rd goal, Ozzie played fantastically.

Agreed. One sloppy goal, but otherwise he was great. I'd say he should get the next start but I doubt we'll be that lucky. He's just making the saves when they need to be made.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#549 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Great game by Helm.
Aside from that one soft goal, Ozzy played very well too. Wish we didnt have to make it so interesting, but a win is a win :thumbup:
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#550 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

...and here come the Ozzie haters. Surprise, surprise.

Hey in another thread I said Ozzie always lets in one bad goal a game. Truth hurts sometimes :P

Helm!!!!! Engage!

Hmmm... now if they only made a t-shirt that had Helm along with engage on it

Edited by dragonballgtz, 04 January 2011 - 11:40 PM.

#551 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

17 minutes for Helm, wow. Well deserved, player of the game for sure.

noticed that too.. exactly what we needed tonight against oilers. the guy needs to play 17-20 min a night if possible.. what a star he is!

#552 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

Great to see Bert get going. He'll probably be able to get himself a descent streak going if history has anything to say about it.

Good to see Flip keep it going. He needs to keep it going.

Osgood played well sans that crap 3rd goal. Nothing he could do about the other 2 and those saves at the end were big.

I think I'm over trying to give any grace to Hudler. Halfway through the season and he's still just terrible out there. That 2nd goal was on him in so many ways. I hope he's gone at the deadline, even if for picks. I don't want to waste $3 million on him next year again.

60 minutes? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
-Elliot...does not panic.

#553 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

He's just making the saves when they need to be made.

Just like he has his entire career. Ozzie isn't flashy, but all he does is go out there and wins.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#554 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Agreed. One sloppy goal, but otherwise he was great. I'd say he should get the next start but I doubt we'll be that lucky. He's just making the saves when they need to be made.

Well, I mean, shouldn't we expect a soft goal from Osgood at this point? I mean, there have been games where he only let in one goal and it was a soft one but he still only let in one goal.

#555 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

noticed that too.. exactly what we needed tonight against oilers. the guy needs to play 17-20 min a night if possible.. what a star he is!

Even if he had AHL hands he would be at least a 30G scorer.

EDIT: His skating is so beautiful its like watching Fedorov out there with some of the moves he makes

Edited by dragonballgtz, 04 January 2011 - 11:44 PM.

#556 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

Ozzie 3 goals on 21 shots.

Back to normal form.

Unfair. The first two goals weren't anything he could do about. At least give him credit for staying up whereas Howard would be crawling on the ice as low as he could possibly get as soon as he saw the puck. Ozzie stays big in net. The third goal I'll grant you was crappy, but I'd rather deal with 1 crappy goal a game over Howard's 3 a game.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#557 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

Hey in another thread I said Ozzie always lets in one bad goal a game. Truth hurts sometimes :P

Hmmm... now if they only made a t-shirt that had Helm along with engage on it

Nearly every goalie gives up a bad goal a game. I don't hold 1 bad goal against a goalie. I always give them that one soft one before I get upset over it. Everybody on the ice is going to make bigger mistakes from time to time, including the goalie. Their mistakes are just a bit more obvious unless they get lucky and another player helps them out.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#558 Joey v3.4

Joey v3.4

Stoned

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

Great win, but feeling negative Nancy at the moment....

We yet again let in 3 goals. And tossed a lead.

We really have to tighten up defensively.
And Boom goes the Dynamite.

#559 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

Unfair. The first two goals weren't anything he could do about. At least give him credit for staying up whereas Howard would be crawling on the ice as low as he could possibly get as soon as he saw the puck. Ozzie stays big in net. The third goal I'll grant you was crappy, but I'd rather deal with 1 crappy goal a game over Howard's 3 a game.

How many did Ozzie let in today?

Nearly every goalie gives up a bad goal a game. I don't hold 1 bad goal against a goalie. I always give them that one soft one before I get upset over it. Everybody on the ice is going to make bigger mistakes from time to time, including the goalie. Their mistakes are just a bit more obvious unless they get lucky and another player helps them out.

And if we lost the game it would be because Ozzie let in a weak one. I fail to see what puts Ozzie over Howard right now when they both are letting in 3 goals against in their own way.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 04 January 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#560 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

Glad Ozzie got the Win, he deserved. Glad to see Bert, Drapes and Helmer get goals too.

D needs to tighten up serious bad. We've gotta stop making our goalies look like chumps.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)