601 replies to this topic

#41 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

Hat trick for Mursak.

But really I feel this kid will find the twine if he keeps up that play. Should be a nice bounce back style game tonight. As normal no predictions from me because they have all been horses***. Wings should win.....

EDIT: LET'S GO OZZIE!!!! 401 and counting!!!

Edited by HankthaTank, 04 January 2011 - 03:43 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#42 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

Current Streaks
Regular Season Streaks
Overall: 2-game losing streak (1 overtime)
Road: 3-game winning streak (1 overtime)

Historical Regular Season Streaks vs. Edmonton
Overall: 3-game winning streak
Road: 1-game winning streak

Last Ten Games
Last Ten Games Current Regular Season
Overall:5W-4L-1OTL
Road: 7W-2L-1OTL

Last Ten Games - Historical Regular Season vs. Edmonton
Overall: 7W-1L-0OTL-2SOL
Road: 5W-1L-0OTL-4SOL

Home Stand / Road Trip
This is the first game of a five-game road trip, played over a period of 11 calendar dates.

Record on this Date
January 4
This is the 38th regular season game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 37 games:

17W-25L-5T.

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#43 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

Well apparently it won't be Jimmy tonight. I guess LGW is a reference point for the Babs lol.

#44 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Greg Kimmerly (18), Ian Walsh (29) Linesmen Shane Heyer (55), David Brisebois (71)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#45 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

Go Ozzie!

I realize that I'm biased, being a huge Ozzie fan, but I am also strong in my feelings that Howard is the Goalie of the Future for this team.

Still, I feel it is in the best interest of both the goalies and the team that both start as much as possible (edge to Howard) so that Howard is fresh for the playoffs and Ozzie is ready in case of the unthinkable.

Go Wings!!!!!

Ozzie with the double hat trick and a Gordie Howe to boot!

#46 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

Since Ozzie is in, that which is unmentionable just gets canceled out right???

SHHHHHHHHH

Can't even think about it.

It's nice to see Ozzie in net, I hope he has another great game. It always makes my day when I know he's playing. :D

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#47 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

Please sit Miller so Tatar can play.

This x1000, Tatar has been more visible on the ice in his 2 games than Miller has been all season.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#48 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

I love Miller, and i think he was a fine addition to this team, but he is one of the players that can be replaced without this team missing a beat.

Hasn't Sauce already shown he can contribute more than Miller? We have Abdelkader/Eaves/Helm/Franzen/Filppula/Draper that can easily take Miller's place on the PK.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#49 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

I find sometimes the behind the scene games Babcock plays between Howard and Ozzie a little redonkulis if you ask me! Oh well Im no one to judge I guessPosted Image. I hope to christ they pull a good win out of this one LGW! As far as Vancouver goes, let them win the presidents trophy I just want the chance to smash them in the playoffs. As well as san jose and chicago, then of course pittsburgh.Posted Image
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#50 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

ozzie in.

YES!! GO, SWEET OZZIE!!!

See? We do have clout! Babcock knows where to come for answers! :cool:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#51 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

Go Ozzie!

I realize that I'm biased, being a huge Ozzie fan, but I am also strong in my feelings that Howard is the Goalie of the Future for this team.

Still, I feel it is in the best interest of both the goalies and the team that both start as much as possible (edge to Howard) so that Howard is fresh for the playoffs and Ozzie is ready in case of the unthinkable.

Go Wings!!!!!

Exactly, so many people around here think it has to be either or. People arguing for more starts for Ozzie aren't arguing for Howard to be dumped or traded, just that he needs some time to clear his head while we see if Ozzie can continue to play big for us.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#52 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Enough Canada-USA talk, :lol: back to real hockey and the quest for a 5th Stanley Cup since 1997.

I'll be out a bit tonight, but should be home for the last half of the game. We've been playing well on the road lately and I expect it to continue. I'm saying 5-2 Wings!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#53 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

Great GDT again Hockeytown.. Just an update for you if you want, Ozzie is starting tonight
IPB Image

#54 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

Well apparently it won't be Jimmy tonight. I guess LGW is a reference point for the Babs lol.

I figured after Jimmy got the hook last game, Ozzie would get the start tonight.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#55 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

I figured after Jimmy got the hook last game, Ozzie would get the start tonight.

Possible that Babs wants Osgood in vs. a weak and struggling EDM offense and Howard in vs. the Flamers? just thinking out loud here

#56 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

I love Miller, and i think he was a fine addition to this team, but he is one of the players that can be replaced without this team missing a beat.

Hasn't Sauce already shown he can contribute more than Miller? We have Abdelkader/Eaves/Helm/Franzen/Filppula/Draper that can easily take Miller's place on the PK.

fully agree. I want to see more of tommy tats!
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#57 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

Also possible that Babs looked over Howard's performance the past month and realized he better start Ozzy some more here... just saying.

#58 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Also possible that Babs looked over Howard's performance the past month and realized he better start Ozzy some more here... just saying.

He would have a pretty good view of something like that wouldn't he?

#59 Steve Sample

Steve Sample

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

This game is a must win. With Calgary and Vancouver up next we need these two points bad. Calgary has been playing alot better and Vancouver will be a very tough win. A full 60 mins is needed. Lets Go Wings!

#60 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:28 PM

Go Ozzie!

Go Wings!!!!!

Well said about the Ozzie-Howard thing. I don't know how you can really not really like both of these guys. I think Howard's got a ton of potential and I really hope he is the goalie of the future and successful at that. But that said, I think Osgood needs to be starting more and I think they need to get back to developing Howard instead of trying to force him into a starting role that he wasn't quite ready for yet. It's absolutely no knock on him as a goalie. We're really, really, really lucky to have a couple guys that aren't head cases, who are humble and team guys that seem to love playing here. It's a great situation. I just hope Babcock doesn't drive Jimmy into the ground this year. That's why I want to see a shift back to a real rotation and Osgood starting in the playoffs for Jimmy to observe so he can really be ready in 1-2 years. Patience is cool. It's why Osgood has got a lot of Cups and 400 wins. Jimmy's too talented and too good of a guy to waste by burning him out early.
-Elliot...does not panic.