• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DallasDrake

Practice in Colorado

Rate this topic

Hey, I am a die hard wings fan living in the land of the Avalanche, and was wondering if anyone knew where the wings practice before their games against the avalanche. Or possibly where they are going to be staying. I do have tickets to the game, but I also have that Monday off of work and thought it would be neat to try and track down the team. They are in the middle of a long western swing and will probably be here on Sunday. I thought that I saw the plane and Jeffco Airport a few years back, but couldn't' track down the team. Any help you guys have would be awesome!

Thanks

They used to practice at the Ice Centre in Westminster some years back. But with all the new ice surfaces built in metro Denver over the last 10-15 years I imagine it's someplace else these days.

We saw them practice during the 2008 playoff run, between games 3 & 4. They were at Big Bear for about an hour, and we were able to get pics and autographs by the team bus after practice. I was able to get Scotty's autograph that day! I would suggest calling the local rinks on Saturday or even Sunday morning and ask about ice time that day. My guess is they may have a practice on Sunday at a local rink (if Sunday isn't a day off), Monday would be The Can and you can't get in there. It's not considered "open practice", but they won't kick you out. We've seen them at Big Bear and Promenade in Westminster.

When i played out there my friend who collects autographed pucks by players says that most teams (i think he specifically said the wings) stay at the Westin in Westminster. That's probably why people have seen them at the Promenade and such.

Good luck, and also if you know swedish, talk to hank in it, that's how my friend got his autograph

When i played out there my friend who collects autographed pucks by players says that most teams (i think he specifically said the wings) stay at the Westin in Westminster. That's probably why people have seen them at the Promenade and such.

Good luck, and also if you know swedish, talk to hank in it, that's how my friend got his autograph

I live probably not much more than a mile from that Westin! For whatever that's worth.