• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

First 6 All-Stars Named

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Quite the diverse bunch. :rolleyes:

At the close of the 2011 NHL All-Star Fan Balloting presented by XM at 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, more than 14.3 million total votes were registered. Crosby was the top-voted player with 635,509 total votes and first forward named to the 2011 All-Star Team; Chicago's Toews tallied 407,676 total votes and Crosby's Pittsburgh teammate Malkin tallied 376,887 to round out the top three forwards. Pittsburgh's Letang was the top-voted defenseman with 477,960 total votes; he will be joined by fellow defenseman Duncan Keith of Chicago who received 382,162 votes. Pittsburgh's Marc-Andre Fleury is the first goaltender named to the 2011 All-Star team with a total of 426,305 votes.

NHL

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

What a damn joke! How in the hell does Fleury get in! The dude had a HORRIBLE start to the season and really hasn't recovered! This is why fan voting should not be allowed!

There was a real late push for Fleury. It coincided nicely with his improved play as of late.

If Hitler played for the Pens, he'd have been voted in as well.

The fan voting is a joke, and always seems to rotate from team to team.

Many years ago, Sharks fans stacked the ballot. Then it was the Canucks one year. Then Montreal a few years back, and now Pittsburgh.

Seems like every year some team's fans stack the ballots, but it's never the same team every year.

Conspiracy anyone? :ph34r:

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If Hitler played for the Pens, he'd have been voted in as well.

The fan voting is a joke, and always seems to rotate from team to team.

Many years ago, Sharks fans stacked the ballot. Then it was the Canucks one year. Then Montreal and now Pittsburgh.

Seems like every year some team's fans stack the ballots, but it's never the same team every year.

Conspiracy anyone? :ph34r:

Why don't we stack the ballot? Conspiracy indeed.

Guest mindfly

Pens and hawks fanbase, with an increasing amount of bandwaggoners because they're the two latest champs, have been voting and re-voting xxx-times each to get their players in :rolleyes:

Same thing happens at the MLB All-Star Game. Players get voted in by the fans that don't have the stats to support it, merely because they're a recognizable name/face or because they've been in the news a lot or because they're cute/hot/sexy/rich/fill-in-the-blank.

Fan voting on the whole is a joke, and should be left to people who can for the most part, make intelligent choices.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Pens and hawks fanbase, with an increasing amount of bandwaggoners because they're the two latest champs, have been voting and re-voting xxx-times each to get their players in :rolleyes:

This should bode well for the Wings because according to the fans of the other 29 teams in the league they have the most bandwagon fans.

Quite the diverse bunch. :rolleyes:

NHL

As they say in showbiz, "Break a leg, boyz!" What a frickin' joke. And Fleury??!! :hysterical: He helped them lose the Classic in a Big way.

:bounce: <--- This is Fleury after tripping over the gate thingie....

Guest mindfly

This should bode well for the Wings because according to the fans of the other 29 teams in the league they have the most bandwagon fans.

I don't believe that at all, the hawks had zero fans the year after the lockout now they seem to be the new montreal sort of...

We did many years ago.

There were like 3 or 4 Wings starters named a few years back (can't remember when), even though someone always sat out with an injury.

07/08 i think.. Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg.. OSGOOD :ph34r:

I don't believe that at all, the hawks had zero fans the year after the lockout now they seem to be the new montreal sort of...

Only in Chicago. Every other real hockey fan could give two s***s about them. You wouldn't have any Chicago fans in any other NHL venue had it not been for their recent success.

We did many years ago.

There were like 3 or 4 Wings starters named a few years back (can't remember when), even though someone always sat out with an injury.

Yzerman, Shanahan, Lidstrom, Hasek back in 2002, right?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

You shouldn't believe it because it's a lie.

Guest mindfly

One would think lidstrom and datsyuk will be picked in the "draft" the two captains will have.. maybe even zetterberg has a outside chance...

Pretty sure the year Osgood got in, he wasn't voted as the starter. He was named to the team. Voting only pertains to starters.

Ah. You mean THE "OSGOOD" who was the goalie for the Detroit Red Wings' Stanley Cup win that year?

Guest mindfly

Oh you're talking about starters... i only watched the 2002 playoffs so did the wings really have 4 voted-in players?

Edited by mindfly

Guest Howard He Do It?!

For some reason, I get the feeling that Crosby would be nowhere near the All-Star game if that were the case.

Somehow I doubt the league leading point and goal scorer would be left out of the all-star game, despite his excessive whining.

One would think lidstrom and datsyuk will be picked in the "draft" the two captains will have.. maybe even zetterberg has a outside chance...

The two captains don't pick the rest of the players. The rest of the 36 players will be selected (by NHL operations/GMs, something like that) and then the 42 players will vote on the two captains. Those two captains will then pick the teams out of the that pool of players. The teams will be named after the two captains.

Guest mindfly

The two captains don't pick the rest of the players. The rest of the 36 players will be selected (by NHL operations/GMs, something like that) and then the 42 players will vote on the two captains. Those two captains will then pick the teams out of the that pool of players. The teams will be named after the two captains.

I stand corrected

But lidstrom and datsyuk should be two of those 36 i think, even if datsyuk has been injured.

Edited by mindfly