• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nate94gt

John Keating is lazy and sucks

Rate this topic

Murph can be entertaining sometimes, but my God he can get annoying. It makes me mad, honestly, that people like Murphy, who can't speak correctly, can get and keep jobs while a lot of us who are qualified for various jobs can't get them. Can you imagine what it's going to be like when Redmond retires and Murph becomes Ken's full time partner?

Clearly I get a kick out of Murph, but I think the funniest part about him is that he seems like a real hayseed even though he is from Toronto.

It's like that with all sports, they just get former players in to talk about a game which has vastly changed since the last time they played for one reason or another. Recipe for disaster. That being said, FSD get D-Mac in!

D-Mac? Are you serious? Do you ever listen to him on 97.1? I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but I can't understand a damn thing that comes out of his mouth. Always mumbling his words, I don't know if he got hit in the jaw a few too many times or not, but he can't speak that well. He has great hockey knowledge, and its cool to have him on occasionally, but don't put him no the air full time.

I don't really have a problem with Murph. Yeah, he says some weird things, but thats what I like about it. You never really know what he's going to say, and it adds to the entertainment value of the game.

D-Mac? Are you serious? Do you ever listen to him on 97.1? I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but I can't understand a damn thing that comes out of his mouth. Always mumbling his words, I don't know if he got hit in the jaw a few too many times or not, but he can't speak that well. He has great hockey knowledge, and its cool to have him on occasionally, but don't put him no the air full time.

I don't really have a problem with Murph. Yeah, he says some weird things, but thats what I like about it. You never really know what he's going to say, and it adds to the entertainment value of the game.

i agree w/ dmac. he is horrible. again, i dont mind seeing him here and there, but a fulltime dmac would make baby jesus cry.

i assume keating is on the plane with these guys for the away games, right?

i get the impression during every interview that the players just detest him, and speak to him as one who would speak to his crazy old uncle that just pooped himself.

very little eye-contact for the keatmeister.

Yeah, D-mac needs to put his false teeth in when he does the radio show. He doesn't sound nearly as bad on VS.

But I also wonder if he's still half asleep. Isn't 7am early for a ( former ) pro hockey player? I would imagine that back in the day he was just packing it in for the night at that time.

Ah, Murph rocks. He has a lot of knowledge of the game and he keeps you on your toes. You can't listen to him with half an ear or you'll end up wishing you had paid attention to what he had just said so you could laugh.

Keating reminds me of an old history teacher that thinks you actually want to listen to him.

Trevor is awesome.

Mick York is the vanilla in a banana split- you'd notice if it wasn't there, but it's overwhelmed by the other flavours.

Redmond is lovable and my mom thinks he's handsome.

Daniels is very good.

Ken Kal is good if you don't have to look at him. He has the voice and face for radio.

Paul uh Woods drives me uh nuts. I respect that he uh was a Red uh Wing, but uh he needs to uh get through a sentence without an uh.

i........WOULD like to.......ORDER a CHEESEburgeR........AND fries

John Keating ordering at McDonalds..

I'm sorry but I do not enjoy Keating. The way he talks is like nails on a chalk board.

How could anyone dislike Murph? Sure he has some slips of the tongue but he has got a great sense of humor.

Agreed. He has a dry side to his humor that is hilarious... he just needs major work on learning his new craft... or lay off the booze.

Keating bought me a drink at training camp, so he's my favorite!

From what I have heard that never leads to anything within the realms of the law.

Also Murph is pretty cool. More so just respect him for being on quite possibly my favorite defensive pairing in the history of my hockey life. Trevor Thompson is kind of toolbagish. The Mick and Ken are one of a kind. And last but not least Keating scares me. Truthfully, his pauses make uncomfortable seem like a plush velour couch (just sit on one lol) and he makes right around 5 to 6 mistakes per broadcast. He is human but for f***'s sakes! This is the Wings network. Do it right man!

Edited by HankthaTank

Murphy was wasted even before the puck dropped today. I wonder what they gave him during the first intermission? He seemed to get better during the second period and coherent during the third.

He is like that a lot. I assume its because he gets drunk before the games, and doesn't drink during them, so as the game goes on, he sobers up.

I don't hate any of the guys. The two I like least are York and Keating though. Kenny, Mick, Murph and Trev are alright in my book.:beerbuddy:

Actually, I misspoke. There is someone I dislike. I forget his name, but he is some younger little gelled up spikey haired pissant that annoys the hell out of me. Justin something, I think.

Edited by sleepwalker

Y'know, there is a whole lot of loose and strong talk about Murph being a drunk, and I for one am getting sick and tired of it. I ask of you: who of us doesn't like cold beer? Who of us doesn't like dollar hot dogs? And who of us doesn't like Arby's curly fries, especially after a hat trick? It takes a real man to stand up for what he believes in - a Murph Man. I am a Murph Man and I'm not ashamed to admit it. So c'mon LGW! If you are real men and women let your Murph flag fly! Who's with me?

*humming Glory Glory Hallelujah* :P

Y'know, there is a whole lot of loose and strong talk about Murph being a drunk, and I for one am getting sick and tired of it. I ask of you: who of us doesn't like cold beer? Who of us doesn't like dollar hot dogs? And who of us doesn't like Arby's curly fries, especially after a hat trick? It takes a real man to stand up for what he believes in - a Murph Man. I am a Murph Man and I'm not ashamed to admit it. So c'mon LGW! If you are real men and women let your Murph flag fly! Who's with me?

Greatest avatar in the history of avatars.

ME, ME, ME, and hellllllllz to the yes that is ME!!!!

Petition to hang 55 from the rafters. Can I get an AMEN!?!?!

I'm a Murph Woman! (Although I am allergic to hops, so I can't drink beer, but that's ok. I never learned to like it, and that's why we have whiskey.)

I guess there's just something special about that number 55.

He is like that a lot. I assume its because he gets drunk before the games, and doesn't drink during them, so as the game goes on, he sobers up.

I don't hate any of the guys. The two I like least are York and Keating though. Kenny, Mick, Murph and Trev are alright in my book.:beerbuddy:

Actually, I misspoke. There is someone I dislike. I forget his name, but he is some younger little gelled up spikey haired pissant that annoys the hell out of me. Justin something, I think.

Justin White?

80083.jpg

Or do you mean Ryan Field?

80030.jpg

I'm guessing Ryan Field.

sad.gif Great Oden's raven I'm sorry!!!!! Whiskey just doesn't have the same nutritional value as beer.

So I'll eat doritos with it. Grains, dairy, and vegetables in one tasty crunch.

Seriously, I've never learned to like it, so I don't miss it at all. Whiskey does me just fine. :D

I've heard stories about Murph back in his playing days. Apparently he could throw them back pretty well. I also think the booze is responsible for that darlingly vacant smile of his.

I'd definitely like to throw back a few with him.