• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:37 AM

Game is on at 3:30pm EST today. Being a Red Wings fan I have become a fan of Swedish hockey but I will be cheering for the Americans to support all my friends south of the border. Its always hard to get up for the Bronze Medal but home ice should win over.

#2 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

Sorry, Americans, but Jarnkrok ftw.

#3 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

Bronze what... i don't care if it ain't gold, friend.

#4 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

Bronze what... i don't care if it ain't gold, friend.

I hear you and ,like I said, it's tough to get up for the Bronze. In the big picture though its good to finish 3rd.

#5 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

Sweden deserved a better fate than this, I thought they would be winning gold the way I saw them play but they lost it against Russia. Oh well, I find myself cheering for the Swedes here, nothing against the Americans, but Sweden deserves to go home with something.

#6 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

Sweden deserved a better fate than this, I thought they would be winning gold the way I saw them play but they lost it against Russia. Oh well, I find myself cheering for the Swedes here, nothing against the Americans, but Sweden deserves to go home with something.

Same for the Russians. Since they beat the Swedes, they should get the gold.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#7 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

my predictions:

beautiful gold - canada

so-so silver - russia

shameful bronze - usa
Posted Image

#8 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

Goaltending has been the Achilles heel for everyone in this tourney... that's what did the US in and will surely do Russia in, in the Gold Medal Game... this was also why Sweden is not playing in the gold...

I'm not saying all of these goalies are BAD, but none of them were capable of stealing a game, which you almost need in the WJC...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#9 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

Goaltending has been the Achilles heel for everyone in this tourney... that's what did the US in and will surely do Russia in, in the Gold Medal Game... this was also why Sweden is not playing in the gold...

I'm not saying all of these goalies are BAD, but none of them were capable of stealing a game, which you almost need in the WJC...

You think so? If it wasnt for Jack Campbell that semi-final game would have been about 8-1 Canada.

#10 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

It's okay stevkrause, you can say the goalies are bad, because it's the truth. It's not exactly 2007 again when Price was excellent.

Edited by mindfly, 05 January 2011 - 01:27 PM.

#11 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

You think so? If it wasnt for Jack Campbell that semi-final game would have been about 8-1 Canada.

Agree to disagree... I didn't think he played that great, he made the saves he should have... once again, I'm not saying he played poorly, but a couple big saves and maybe you have US winning that game 2-1...

Edited by stevkrause, 05 January 2011 - 01:34 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#12 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

Go Sweden! hopefully Jarnkrok has a huge game. Callahan barely gets any icetime and started the tourney as an extra forward, so i don't care much for the US team and i really don't like that #23 whiny clown ducks prospect. #29 on sweden is pretty good too, can't remember his name.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#13 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

Again, nothing against the Americans here, but I like more of the Swedish players. I'm a big fan of Klingberg, and I like watching Jarnkrok for obvious reasons. I'd also kill to get a high pick and somehow draft Larsson. On the American side I'm a fan of Callahan (obviously) and to a lesser extent Campbell (living in Windsor).

Either way, I just hope they put on a very entertaining game.

#14 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

I was born here. Hank and Nick are my favorite players of all time. Swedes mean a lot to the Wings organization. But like a Haiku poem I go back to the beginning.

USA!!!! (bronze or not )
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#15 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

I don't think Visentin can steal a game either though. he played well in the semi-final, so it could go either way. I think Campbell played great against Canada, but unless the USA plays a good solid game, they won't be winning a medal today. I think the only goalie that impressed me was the Finnish goalie, but I only saw his great saves. It really hasn't been a good showing for Juniors at all, it was more impressive with the Crosby-Toews-Stamkos era.

#16 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

Agree to disagree... I didn't think he played that great, he made the saves he should have... once again, I'm not saying he played poorly, but a couple big saves and maybe you have US winning that game 2-1...

:hysterical: at one point in the game, Canada was outshooting USA 28-12. Campbell was giving he US a chance to win, but their offense didn't bring enough to the table. to say a couple of big saves could have helped the US win 2-1 is ludicrous. Canada dominated every part of that game beginning to end. USA didn't come out with the fire and determination that Canada did, and as a result, Canada mopped the floor with them.

P.S. Go Sweden!...again.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#17 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Jarnkrok with a huge game, but USA with the victory :)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#18 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

The first goal of every game is obviously huge and I thought Campbell may have overplayed the shooter a little on the first one, leaving himself out of position for the rebound. But he STILL made the first save and couldnt be blamed for any of the other 3.

#19 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

The first goal of every game is obviously huge and I thought Campbell may have overplayed the shooter a little on the first one, leaving himself out of position for the rebound. But he STILL made the first save and couldnt be blamed for any of the other 3.

Once again, I'm not saying he was to blame, only that he didn't steal a game... he was good - not great, that's my only point...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#20 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

no way was the USA winning that game with the way they came to play. Holding Canada to only 1 goal too ? not a chance.