• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
up2here

WJC Bronze Medal Game

Rate this topic

Game is on at 3:30pm EST today. Being a Red Wings fan I have become a fan of Swedish hockey but I will be cheering for the Americans to support all my friends south of the border. Its always hard to get up for the Bronze Medal but home ice should win over.

Bronze what... i don't care if it ain't gold, friend.

I hear you and ,like I said, it's tough to get up for the Bronze. In the big picture though its good to finish 3rd.

Sweden deserved a better fate than this, I thought they would be winning gold the way I saw them play but they lost it against Russia. Oh well, I find myself cheering for the Swedes here, nothing against the Americans, but Sweden deserves to go home with something.

Sweden deserved a better fate than this, I thought they would be winning gold the way I saw them play but they lost it against Russia. Oh well, I find myself cheering for the Swedes here, nothing against the Americans, but Sweden deserves to go home with something.

Same for the Russians. Since they beat the Swedes, they should get the gold.

Goaltending has been the Achilles heel for everyone in this tourney... that's what did the US in and will surely do Russia in, in the Gold Medal Game... this was also why Sweden is not playing in the gold...

I'm not saying all of these goalies are BAD, but none of them were capable of stealing a game, which you almost need in the WJC...

Goaltending has been the Achilles heel for everyone in this tourney... that's what did the US in and will surely do Russia in, in the Gold Medal Game... this was also why Sweden is not playing in the gold...

I'm not saying all of these goalies are BAD, but none of them were capable of stealing a game, which you almost need in the WJC...

You think so? If it wasnt for Jack Campbell that semi-final game would have been about 8-1 Canada.

Guest mindfly

It's okay stevkrause, you can say the goalies are bad, because it's the truth. It's not exactly 2007 again when Price was excellent.

Edited by mindfly

You think so? If it wasnt for Jack Campbell that semi-final game would have been about 8-1 Canada.

Agree to disagree... I didn't think he played that great, he made the saves he should have... once again, I'm not saying he played poorly, but a couple big saves and maybe you have US winning that game 2-1...

Edited by stevkrause

Go Sweden! hopefully Jarnkrok has a huge game. Callahan barely gets any icetime and started the tourney as an extra forward, so i don't care much for the US team and i really don't like that #23 whiny clown ducks prospect. #29 on sweden is pretty good too, can't remember his name.

Again, nothing against the Americans here, but I like more of the Swedish players. I'm a big fan of Klingberg, and I like watching Jarnkrok for obvious reasons. I'd also kill to get a high pick and somehow draft Larsson. On the American side I'm a fan of Callahan (obviously) and to a lesser extent Campbell (living in Windsor).

Either way, I just hope they put on a very entertaining game.

I don't think Visentin can steal a game either though. he played well in the semi-final, so it could go either way. I think Campbell played great against Canada, but unless the USA plays a good solid game, they won't be winning a medal today. I think the only goalie that impressed me was the Finnish goalie, but I only saw his great saves. It really hasn't been a good showing for Juniors at all, it was more impressive with the Crosby-Toews-Stamkos era.

Agree to disagree... I didn't think he played that great, he made the saves he should have... once again, I'm not saying he played poorly, but a couple big saves and maybe you have US winning that game 2-1...

:hysterical: at one point in the game, Canada was outshooting USA 28-12. Campbell was giving he US a chance to win, but their offense didn't bring enough to the table. to say a couple of big saves could have helped the US win 2-1 is ludicrous. Canada dominated every part of that game beginning to end. USA didn't come out with the fire and determination that Canada did, and as a result, Canada mopped the floor with them.

P.S. Go Sweden!...again.

The first goal of every game is obviously huge and I thought Campbell may have overplayed the shooter a little on the first one, leaving himself out of position for the rebound. But he STILL made the first save and couldnt be blamed for any of the other 3.

The first goal of every game is obviously huge and I thought Campbell may have overplayed the shooter a little on the first one, leaving himself out of position for the rebound. But he STILL made the first save and couldnt be blamed for any of the other 3.

Once again, I'm not saying he was to blame, only that he didn't steal a game... he was good - not great, that's my only point...

no way was the USA winning that game with the way they came to play. Holding Canada to only 1 goal too ? not a chance.

Once again, I'm not saying he was to blame, only that he didn't steal a game... he was good - not great, that's my only point...

I agree with that and lets say thats true. Does that mean goaltending is the reason the USA are not in the gold medal game? I think the lack offense was more to blame. That all being said, if the USA had played anyone but Canada (Including Sweden) in that semi-final I think they win the game and are playing for gold. Canada just matched up better with the USA.

I agree with that and lets say thats true. Does that mean goaltending is the reason the USA are not in the gold medal game? I think the lack offense was more to blame. That all being said, if the USA had played anyone but Canada (Including Sweden) in that semi-final I think they win the game and are playing for gold. Canada just matched up better with the USA.

Oh, without a doubt, lack of offense and in inability to move the puck through the neutral zone is what killed the US... once again(and I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here) - All I was stating was that no goalie(from any country) was going to steal a game the WJC and that has been the X factor in the past...

I'm an American but i'd love to see Ironhook take it to the next level here and wake a few people up.

Like Mindfly said, If it ain't gold, I don't care.

The history of U.S hockey is littered with Bronze and Silver medals.