• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
up2here

WJC Bronze Medal Game

Rate this topic

are there any americans that are even remotely interested in this tournament?

sweden vs. usa and yet 90% of the crowd is wearing team canada jerseys. i think it speaks volumes about who actually pays to watch live hockey in the us. i wouldn't be surprised to hear that 50-90% of the people attending nhl games in us cities are actually canadians who moved to the states or are visiting or went there for the purpose of watching the game.

are there any americans that are even remotely interested in this tournament?

sweden vs. usa and yet 90% of the crowd is wearing team canada jerseys. i think it speaks volumes about who actually pays to watch live hockey in the us. i wouldn't be surprised to hear that 50-90% of the people attending nhl games in us cities are actually canadians who moved to the states or are visiting or went there for the purpose of watching the game.

Sad but true. I have been going to Wings games for years and as a kid I would listen to people around me more than really watch at the time and the bulk of them would have the accents with "out" and "about" or aboot, what have you. I mean being that the Joe is across the river from Windsor, it doesn't shock me all that much that native Canadians would attend. Further south and west you go, it is just not something that has struck people as interesting enough. Some of it has to do with the fact that this is a junior tourney and a lot of the not so regular hockey fans couldn't care less or would rather watch football. I can tell you that during the Olympics people were glued whether they liked hockey or not. More of it has to do with it being players people just don't know.

Edited by HankthaTank

I'm American, born in San Antonio TX and I love hockey. I had everybody sitting in my office watching the 2010 Olympics on a 26" monitor, and I just watched hockey. I'm also watching the bronze game in my office, but nobody else could care less about this one. Olympics are high profile so they tend to do that. I love minor hockey b/c of the prospects I get to see, plus its good to support your country whenever you can; especially given that Hockey USA could use all the support they can get.

Sad but true. I have been going to Wings games for years and as a kid I would listen to people around me more than really watch at the time and the bulk of them would have the accents with "out" and "about" or aboot, what have you. I mean being that the Joe is across the river from Windsor, it doesn't shock me all that much that native Canadians would attend. Further south and west you go, it is just not something that has struck people as interesting enough. Some of it has to do with the fact that this is a junior tourney and a lot of the not so regular hockey fans couldn't care less or would rather watch football. I can tell you that during the Olympics people were glued whether they liked hockey or not. More of it has to do with it being players people just don't know.

i guess it's even more disappointing due to the fact that the usa juniors are a pretty good and exciting team to watch. they are the defending champs and playing in their home country. it would have been nicer to see more support. don't get me wrong, i know that there are plenty of americans who love hockey and are knowledgeable fans. i just wish there were more.

edit: bronze medal for usa. not a bad showing at all.

Edited by atodaso

It's not gold, but its a medal. Too bad Sweden has to go home empty handed after beating Canada, what a disaster it has become for them losing to Russia and now USA. I hope Russia wins gold as I don't want Canada winning it in the States.

It sure is better than losing everything. At least it shows a growth in USA hockey. I know Canadians love to claim everything hockey, but its growing in the US and it will only get tougher for our friends North of the border as the years pass.

It's like the winners of gold offered some of their gold medals but then s*** on them.

Yup.

Medal creator in Athens back in the day was like:

"How can we stick it to the 3rd place team??? GOT IT!"

vancouver-2010-olympics-bronze-medal-thumb12865258.jpg

uggghhhh mad.gif

Edited by HankthaTank