• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

THE ENFORCER24

Red Wings Tough Guy?

Rate this topic

In a scoring role Konopka was great in the AHL and in the playoffs. Miller and Konopka have played roughly the same amount of NHL games, but Miller has roughly twice as many points.

Konopka could be a 20 point guy for the Wings. But my wet dream is still Derek Dorsett.

I've mentioned it a couple times and I know a few of the fight slappies know I'm a pro skill guy, but I'd still take Derek Dorsett, or Konopka, or Jared Boll, or Engelland(over Salei), the crappy Thornton, or even Avery (The dude can put up points)

In a scoring role Konopka was great in the AHL and in the playoffs. Miller and Konopka have played roughly the same amount of NHL games, but Miller has roughly twice as many points.

Konopka could be a 20 point guy for the Wings. But my wet dream is still Derek Dorsett.

I've mentioned it a couple times and I know a few of the fight slappies know I'm a pro skill guy, but I'd still take Derek Dorsett, or Konopka, or Jared Boll, or Engelland(over Salei), the crappy Thornton, or even Avery (The dude can put up points)

We've gone over this before :P Dorsett is gonna be a hell of a well-rounded player. Zenon Konopka, Jared Boll, Shawn Thornton,Chris Thorburn, Jason Chimera, Brad Winchester, Gregory Campbell, David Clarkson, Travis Moen, I mean the list goes on and on of guys that can do it all. Although he has calmed down since his days in Phoenix, Dan Carcillo is still a pain in the ass to play against. He's gonna be a free agent in the summer :thumbup: As far as defensemen go, I was surprised today when I was browsing TFP to see Detroit listed as one of the possible destinations for Steve Staios, which raises some questions about our defense pairings. TFP is usually pretty reliable, next to Eklund of course :P

Youre pro skill but at least youre one of the few that recognize guys like Engelland are solid players. If Bring back the bruise bros, GMR, UK or myself to name a few suggested Engelland as good as Salei people here would be all up in arms saying we overvalue fighters and that he is actually useless.

I can't speak for everyone considered an enforcer slappy, but I am in the same boat as you. I dont want some meathead playing 5 minutes a game. I want guys like Dorsett added on the 4th line in place of Miller. Or a grittier guy added in place of Hudler.

Fighters are called useless but apparent "skilled" guys like Williams or Hudler always seem to be in this line up.

Adding a young guy could solve this problem for years. Matt Martin or Dorsett or Clarkson are all guys that could be acquired, help this team in more ways then these skilled guys seem to be signed every year.

These guys would be better then someone like Miller too and Draper as well.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Goalie thread --> Enforcer thread --> Goalie thread --> Enforcer thread --> Goalie thread --> Enforcer thread

And around and around we go.

blueadams feels left out.

Red wings really cannot afford an enforcer (cap space) unless it's a two-way contract player. I don't see many players jumping at playing on a two-way contract on a regular basis.

Youre pro skill but at least youre one of the few that recognize guys like Engelland are solid players. If Bring back the bruise bros, GMR, UK or myself to name a few suggested Engelland as good as Salei people here would be all up in arms saying we overvalue fighters and that he is actually useless.

I like to recognize fighters too but I wouldn't use Salei as a comparison. He's been really solid. Salei to me is actually a luxury to have on the Wings right now. He has major veteran savvy and knows the game pretty well. His experience I think really pays off. He used to be a top four guy and now to me he's playing pretty well with less pressure. He's a guy who can make a good, solid first pass out of zone and has good defensive awareness. I look at the blue line today and while they make mistakes every now and again I feel like it's the best I've seen for the Wings in the post lockout era. It's really great to have someone as reliable as Salei out there instead of having to watch Lebda screw up. And although I love Lils for what he brought to the table, it's great to see Salei out there handle the puck with confidence and be a significant shooting threat from the blue line.

So, I mean, it's better to use a different comparison than Salei.

I like to recognize fighters too but I wouldn't use Salei as a comparison. He's been really solid.

Not to nitpick ya, titanium but, I can hardly say Salei looks solid out there. I could almost state he has been similar to Abby this season. Nothing glaringly inconsistent but also nothing that jumps out and says "solid."

Meh, maybe even Abby isn't a good comparison because at times he has been solid. Oh well. Carry on lol.

Guest Shoreline

I would be happy with an enforcer, but it's not the end of the world to me the Red Wings don't carry one.

They win hockey games. A lot of them. That's enough for me.

This. I support my team, with or without enforcers. I'm not gonna keep bitching about the fact that the things I like most about hockey (or in this case, a sideshow) aren't being embraced by my team.

Winning is more fun when you can also punch people in the face.

Just ask the Pens and Flyers.

I'd ask the Pens but 90%+ of their fans didn't exist when Mario needed them most. Flyers fans likely would enjoy smashing car windows, setting them on fire, burning down buildings, as well as burning Penguin memorabilia more than winning the Cup, if how they act of other league championships are any indicator.

Edited by Shoreline

This. I support my team, with or without enforcers. I'm not gonna keep bitching about the fact that the things I like most about hockey (or in this case, a sideshow) aren't being embraced by my team.

I'd ask the Pens but 90%+ of their fans didn't exist when Mario needed them most. Flyers fans likely would enjoy smashing car windows, setting them on fire, burning down buildings, as well as burning Penguin memorabilia more than winning the Cup, if how they act of other league championships are any indicator.

Haha sideshow..you're something else, man.

Not to nitpick ya, titanium but, I can hardly say Salei looks solid out there. I could almost state he has been similar to Abby this season. Nothing glaringly inconsistent but also nothing that jumps out and says "solid."

Meh, maybe even Abby isn't a good comparison because at times he has been solid. Oh well. Carry on lol.

Hmm. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

I don't know. I think he's been great to watch. Especially after having to suffer through Lebda last year. Ridiculous.

Literally, everything has been a pleasure to watch but that pylon. Kevin Hodson holds more of a special place in Wings' lore than Lebduh.

To me though, it's not like Salei has only been a little better than Lebda but A LOT. A whole lot.

To me though, it's not like Salei has only been a little better than Lebda but A LOT. A whole lot.

Well he has taken some completely dips*** penalties at inopportune times. I mean it is not like he is the only one by far and at times his play has stuck out. But yes, compared to Lebda, good signing Kenny. Nothing terrible.

Well he has taken some completely dips*** penalties at inopportune times. I mean it is not like he is the only one by far and at times his play has stuck out. But yes, compared to Lebda, good signing Kenny. Nothing terrible.

Well if you're not named Lidstrom then pretty much everybody on the team has had their equal fair share of mental collapses. For Salei it's the penalties. For everything else it seems like they're having a contest of who can make the fanciest pass possible.

Well if you're not named Lidstrom then pretty much everybody on the team has had their equal fair share of mental collapses. For Salei it's the penalties. For everything else it seems like they're having a contest of who can make the fanciest pass possible.

Touchè. Salei is definitely not the biggest problem on defense. Seems to be the collective unit SEE: Ericsson and Raf mad.gif) . As is always grounds for great discussion, these pairings, as usual could use a tweaking here and there. But putting that in an enforcer thread nearly seems redundant.

Edited by HankthaTank

We've gone over this before :P Dorsett is gonna be a hell of a well-rounded player. Zenon Konopka, Jared Boll, Shawn Thornton,Chris Thorburn, Jason Chimera, Brad Winchester, Gregory Campbell, David Clarkson, Travis Moen, I mean the list goes on and on of guys that can do it all. Although he has calmed down since his days in Phoenix, Dan Carcillo is still a pain in the ass to play against. He's gonna be a free agent in the summer :thumbup: As far as defensemen go, I was surprised today when I was browsing TFP to see Detroit listed as one of the possible destinations for Steve Staios, which raises some questions about our defense pairings. TFP is usually pretty reliable, next to Eklund of course :P

Clarkson would be the perfect Wing. He's able to play offensively and defensively well, as well as being a tough guy. I'd love to see him here, a third line of Clarkson-Abs-Cleary would be sweet to see.