• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

THE ENFORCER24

Red Wings Tough Guy?

Rate this topic

It would be nice to have the lovechild of Derek Boogaard and Andy Bezeau in the line-up the next time we face Calgary...

who knows when that will be.

but yeah, i want retribution. and it's expected and acceptable in this game. if it doesn't come i will be disappointed.

hockey players are patient and have great memories. i doubt very much that this will be forgotten.

Youre pro skill but at least youre one of the few that recognize guys like Engelland are solid players. If Bring back the bruise bros, GMR, UK or myself to name a few suggested Engelland as good as Salei people here would be all up in arms saying we overvalue fighters and that he is actually useless.

I can't speak for everyone considered an enforcer slappy, but I am in the same boat as you. I dont want some meathead playing 5 minutes a game. I want guys like Dorsett added on the 4th line in place of Miller. Or a grittier guy added in place of Hudler.

Fighters are called useless but apparent "skilled" guys like Williams or Hudler always seem to be in this line up.

Adding a young guy could solve this problem for years. Matt Martin or Dorsett or Clarkson are all guys that could be acquired, help this team in more ways then these skilled guys seem to be signed every year.

These guys would be better then someone like Miller too and Draper as well.

I think most people in here aren't against guys who can play a regular shift, contribute offensively and defensively and fight. I think the problem comes into the discussion when people start throwing around names of possible players. One of the posts in this thread said they'd want Carkner on this team and for the life of me I can't understand why. Yes, he's big and can fight. But he's also slow, a poor passer, and to me doesn't fit this team. The guy does do some things well (blocks shots etc) but I dont personally see him as an upgrade over someone like Salei at the moment. Im sure there are some on LGW that disagree and that's cool. But the point is when it's the off-season and we have roster spots to fill (say a 4th line grinder role) I don't think there is anyone in here who would argue with a signing of a player that can do everything on par with a Drew Miller but can also fight (assuming Miller couldn't be re-signed). Sure, you'll always have a couple people emotionally attached to a player and wouldnt take an upgrade but those ppl are few (hopefully).

Literally, everything has been a pleasure to watch but that pylon. Kevin Hodson holds more of a special place in Wings' lore than Lebduh.

Check out this hilarious article ripping Brett Lebda....Terrible Stat of the Day

Edited by mmamolo

Wow I'm not sure if your serious or not.

Please go watch soccer or something because you obviously don't know how hockey is suppose to be played.

I swear satire is lost on some of you people. :rolleyes:

F.Michael: You honestly should know better than to think that post was in any way serious.

Taking into consideration of your anti-enforcer stance - what you've posted above may appear to coincide with how you view the sport of hockey.

Then it shows me you haven't been reading what I've written on the subject at all.

Congrats. You win a gold star.

Then it shows me you haven't been reading what I've written on the subject at all.

Congrats. You win a gold star.

Yeah F Micheal is suck an idiot for thinking you were serious when you said that, you haven't ever posted anything in this thread to make it seem like you think that :rolleyes:

Please go watch soccer or something because you obviously don't know how hockey is suppose to be played.

You have clearly never watched soccer if you think it is gentlemanly... Players dive, argue with the referee, take cheap shots etc.

Rugby (union, of course, not league) could arguably be called a gentleman's game (players leave their differences on the field and go out for beers afterwards, anyone who addresses referees the way athletes do in hockey and football would get sin-binned, etc.). That said, rugby is still full of violent, awful incidents (perhaps some of it can be attributed to the end of the amateur era in the 90s) just like any other sport. At the end of the day, one can only talk about players, not about sports or leagues.

So, at times it would be nice to have a player with a violent, physical aspect to their game in the roster, I would hate to have the kinds of players who start fights after clean hits (get it out of your system Ericsson...) and so forth.

Yeah F Micheal is suck an idiot for thinking you were serious when you said that, you haven't ever posted anything in this thread to make it seem like you think that :rolleyes:

I've never stated anything close to that.

Here is your gold star.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Guest Crymson

You should be the enforcer. You have one duty: Bash one player's head in every night. I'm sure you'd love to do that.

He already verbally does so... to our players.

Do you create a new username every week? I could have sworn I've seen this screen name before or something similar to it..

I want a f#@king gold star damn it!

I've never stated anything close to that.

Here is your gold star.

Youve said plenty that makes you come across that way. I didn't start posting here yesterday, dont try to pull the old "I have never said that in this thread, show me my post" crap. You've always posted things that imply you think like that, even if you haven't came right out and said it.

You win a grammy for this performance youre trying to put on right here, and thats better then my gold star :rolleyes:

Youve said plenty that makes you come across that way. I didn't start posting here yesterday, dont try to pull the old "I have never said that in this thread, show me my post" crap. You've always posted things that imply you think like that, even if you haven't came right out and said it.

I really don't, and since you aren't going to prove it anyway, you might as well stop here with the accusations that won't go anywhere. In fact, the only post I had in this thread before the one you originally responded to was on page one or two. Go ahead and have a read.

You win a grammy for this performance youre trying to put on right here, and thats better then my gold star :rolleyes:

How clever.

I really don't, and since you aren't going to prove it anyway, you might as well stop here with the accusations that won't go anywhere. In fact, the only post I had in this thread before the one you originally responded to was on page one or two. Go ahead and have a read.

How clever.

Well its funny, theres 2 of us in this thread that think you would say something like that. Hmm maybe you dont realize how you come across when you post or something? And yeah I know thats clever, way better then your gold star schtick eh :)

Well its funny, theres 2 of us in this thread that think you would say something like that. Hmm maybe you dont realize how you come across when you post or something? And yeah I know thats clever, way better then your gold star schtick eh :)

The funny thing is these people are pro-enforcer slappies who seem to carry the idea that either you are with the idea of having an enforcer or you are against enforcers (also I am so shocked you didn't address the post on page one that shows I didn't even make any type of assertion close to what you are accusing me of).

Not my fault you guys can't read.

Edited by Doc Holliday

The funny thing is these people are pro-enforcer slappies who seem to carry the idea that either you are with the idea of having an enforcer or you are against enforcers (also I am so shocked you didn't address the post on page one that shows I didn't even make any type of assertion close to what you are accusing me of).

Not my fault you guys can't read.

Just admit you're anti-enforcer already, and then everyone will drop the subject.

About as big a secret as Elton John being ***.