• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

This made me laugh because it's true. I think Ruutu would be an interesting acquisition, but it would be well worth it seeing the thread responses and watching people's heads explode because the Wings picked up someone that isn't exactly "classy."

Chelios wasn't exactly known for his class when we picked him up... that was a tough pill to swallow for all, or at least most, at first. He had himself a pretty good career here in Detroit

#122 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

That you dont want the wings to have an enforcer or that they are pretty much useless? Lets give some Downey threads a look and we'll a nice hat getting munched on.

Well good luck with finding a post that says I hate the idea of having an enforcer.

Seriously most of us have been posting here long enough to know how you feel about enforcers, give it a rest. We aren't dumb. Its fine if thats your opinion but when its being talked about you dont have to all of a sudden act like youre being crucified for being against fighters. YOU MAKE POSTS LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME THAT MAKE YOU SEEM ANTI-FIGHTER.

Bring them up, detective.

I dont even want a goon on this team like some on here but come on man, everyone who can read knows your opinion on this subject

If everyone "knows" then it wouldn't be too hard to find something that proves it.

Or maybe the majority of the "pro-enforcer" crowd seems to misinterpret most people's opinions that do not agree with theirs as "anti-fighter". No, can't be that.

Posted Image

#123 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

Or maybe the majority of the "pro-enforcer" crowd seems to misinterpret most people's opinions that do not agree with theirs as "anti-fighter". No, can't be that.

No like I said we're not stupid. There are plenty of posters on here who maybe dont want a fighter but would be okay with adding a guy like Konopka for example. Or having a tough guy.

Guys like Titanium or Konnan for example. You like I said, come across as the biggest anti fighter on this board and to try and make me find posts to prove it is ridiculous. everyone here knows it, I'm not wasting my time digging through your old posts.

Why don't you find a post you've made in an enforcer thread that makes it seem like youre open to the idea and then I'll waste my time finding some where you made it clear youre against them.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#124 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,159 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

No like I said we're not stupid. There are plenty of posters on here who maybe dont want a fighter but would be okay with adding a guy like Konopka for example. Or having a tough guy.

Guys like Titanium or Konnan for example. You like I said, come across as the biggest anti fighter on this board and to try and make me find posts to prove it is ridiculous. everyone here knows it, I'm not wasting my time digging through your old posts.

Why don't you find a post you've made in an enforcer thread that makes it seem like youre open to the idea and then I'll waste my time finding some where you made it clear youre against them.

I honestly don't even know how to search for posts.

Doesn't seem like something that is easy or time saving. Nice bluff by Doc Holliday there. Like anyone will wade through thousands of posts just to find something.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 14 January 2011 - 01:01 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#125 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

I have always been curious as to the need to have one. If one was in the lineup I wouldn't consider it a vast improvement but wouldn't attack Holland for it. That has always been my position.

Then don't peg me as something you don't have s*** to back it up with.

Argue the post, not the poster.

Depends on what you mean by open. I tend to argue against the idea that "we gotta get this guy now!" that a lot of enforcer threads are based on. That in and of itself doesn't magically make me hate enforcers.

GMR: it should take you no time at all considering I am "the biggest anti-fighting poster" here according to some people.

If you want my philosiphy on the need for an enforcer, check my first post in this thread. We have players that grind and bump and provide energy. We don't NEED one guy who will fight.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 14 January 2011 - 03:07 PM.

Posted Image

#126 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

I don't care if a guy fights or not. I just want a guy that isn't one dimensional. If he can fight and play defense, awesome. If he can fight and play offense, awesome. If he can fight and do both, sweet. If he just fights, pass. If he just plays offense, pass. If he just plays defense, pass.

Anti-Enforcer/Pro-Enforcer = False Dilemma
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#127 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

I don't care if a guy fights or not. I just want a guy that isn't one dimensional. If he can fight and play defense, awesome. If he can fight and play offense, awesome. If he can fight and do both, sweet. If he just fights, pass. If he just plays offense, pass. If he just plays defense, pass.

Anti-Enforcer/Pro-Enforcer = False Dilemma

What about Hudler?

#128 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:11 AM

What about Hudler?

Hudler probably fought with his girlfriend a while back. I'm pretty sure that counts.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#129 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hudler probably fought with his girlfriend a while back. I'm pretty sure that counts.

She probably beat him up too

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#130 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

red wings tough guy

Posted Image
Posted Image

#131 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

red wings tough guy

Posted Image

Just going to post the same thing.

Well done sir.

#132 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

She probably beat him up too

It does explain the hooker.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".