• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingslogo19

WJC Gold Medal game

Rate this topic

The TSN guys seemed to focus on his head when he seemed to be favoring his side or something when he got off. They only showed one replay and were talking about his head so they may have missed something else. He definitely could have faked it though I think they would have pounced on that.

I saw all that, I just didn't see when he came back into the game and if there were any comments at that point.

I agree, they focused on his head because the Cdn player's skate appear to get him, but watching the play, he got his hands up and his head was untouched, didn't look like much of anything at all.

I saw all that, I just didn't see when he came back into the game and if there were any comments at that point.

I agree, they focused on his head because the Cdn player's skate appear to get him, but watching the play, he got his hands up and his head was untouched, didn't look like much of anything at all.

He went to the airport to meet Ovechkin, he stole Canada's gameplan files.

:ph34r:

Comments like these are retarded. You do know the US, finished lower then Canada, right?

Yes, of course. However, the US didn't blow the lead in back-to-back gold medal games and lose. You see, I don't have a problem with Canada. I have a problem with Canadians having this sense of entitlement to the sport of Hockey. This shows in the arrogance of many Canadian fans, not all, but many. It may be a Canadian sport, but many other nations love it too and it gets pretty old seeing Canadians act like nobody else should be playing the game. Case in point, Canada was expected to win and they didn't.

I'm not being very patriotic right now laughing at my friends right now. Man though, this is why you play 60 mins. Wings 99% of teams could learn a lesson from the Canadians here today. :P

Fixed it for you.

Sorry, but I'm just so sick of hearing people say the Wings don't know how to play a full 60 minutes. Obviously they haven't lately but it sure didn't seem to be an issue when the lineup was healthy. Take a look at any other team at any serious level and you'll find lapses and games where they don't "play" the full 60 minutes. This isn't some solely Red Wing-centric problem like far too many make it out to be.

Yes, of course. However, the US didn't blow the lead in back-to-back gold medal games and lose. You see, I don't have a problem with Canada. I have a problem with Canadians having this sense of entitlement to the sport of Hockey. This shows in the arrogance of many Canadian fans, not all, but many. It may be a Canadian sport, but many other nations love it too and it gets pretty old seeing Canadians act like nobody else should be playing the game. Case in point, Canada was expected to win and they didn't.

No they didn't, but America came in as the heavy favourites and were destroyed on home ice by Canada.

You know there is good reason that Canada thinks hockey is its sport right? Eventhough the state of California alone has a bigger population then Canada, Canada has more NHLers then the states, more world junior championships then any country without sending their best team possible every year, invented the sport, have the top 10 greatest players of all time arguably etc etc.

I hate seeing the arrogance of Americans trying to say it isn't Canada's sport. What the hell has America done to make them just as good as Canada at hockey? No Canadians think other nations shouldn't be playing hockey but to say any other nation really has a claim to being better then Canada is the arrogance of Americans.

I could sit here and say Basketball is a Canadian sport because it was invented by a Canadian and Steve Nash has won some MVPs but that would make me look very arrogant. The same as when Americans complain that Canadians think they are the best at hockey.

I dare anyone on here to try to make an argument as to why another country is better then Canada at hockey, I guarantee it'll be shot down.

Yeah I'm being "arrogant" and maybe cocky but I'm sick of hearing people say Canadians are arrogant for thinking they are the best hockey country

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Why does hockey have to belong to any one country? Yes, Canada invented the sport but so what? Does it really matter? That mindset can only hurt the game and make anyone making that argument look like an arrogant ass. Don Cherry would love some of the posters in this thread.

No they didn't, but America came in as the heavy favourites and were destroyed on home ice by Canada.

Heavy favorites of your sport, eh? How did that happen? Must be all that Canadian dominance you were talking about.

You know there is good reason that Canada thinks hockey is its sport right? Eventhough the state of California alone has a bigger population then Canada, Canada has more NHLers then the states, more world junior championships then any country without sending their best team possible every year, invented the sport, have the top 10 greatest players of all time arguably etc etc.

Did you really just use California as an excuse for population versus hockey plays? California?

I hate seeing the arrogance of Americans trying to say it isn't Canada's sport.

Who said that? I believe I said it is a Canadian sport.

Yeah I'm being "arrogant" and maybe cocky but I'm sick of hearing people say Canadians are arrogant for thinking they are the best hockey country

It's not that you think you're the best at hockey, it's the sense of entitlement that you should win, when that clearly isn't the case. Sports are sports and the best team doesn't always win, that's why they play the games.

Sounds like a post of a defeated man above.

Its funny you couldn't argue any of that though, especially being one of the ones complaining that Canadians are too arrogant and shouldn't have a claim to being the best at the sport.

Heavy favorites of your sport, eh? How did that happen? Must be all that Canadian dominance you were talking about.

Did you really just use California as an excuse for population versus hockey plays? California?

Who said that? I believe I said it is a Canadian sport.

It's not that you think you're the best at hockey, it's the sense of entitlement that you should win, when that clearly isn't the case. Sports are sports and the best team doesn't always win, that's why they play the games.

1. Yeah they were the favourites and if you are really that dense then I will spell it out for you. Would anyone in this tourney have that much of a chance with Jeff Skinner, Seguin, Duchene, Kyle Clifford etc on the team? Young Canadians actually make the NHL when they are still eligible, yeah this sounds like excuses but its pretty obvious this team would be the heavy favourites with all these players.

2. I was making a point that one little state has more population then all of Canada. Canada has way less people but still a way greater number of players in the NHL.

3. So you are saying it is a Canadian sport? Well why are Canadians arrogant for saying it but you turn around and say it too? A little weird to complain Canadians say it is their sport then you just repeat what they say isn't it?

4. Why shouldn't Canadians think they should win? I didn't think they would win this year but I dont see why others shouldn't? We won 5 world juniors in a row and only one time sent our best possible team, have 2 olympic golds the last 3 olympics and have the most world junior championships.

I dont see how Americans dont think Canadians have a sense that when we go into a tournament we should win? Yeah every now and then they lose, but that happens in every sport. The Wings lost in 09, does that make the pens the best team of the last 20 years?

Edited by newfy

USA owns in: Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer etc.

Canada owns in: Hockey

its a true fact, Canadians have the best talent when it comes to the sport.

Who exactly do we own in Soccer? To that end, we have never won the World Baseball Classic and only have 3 medals in Olympic Baseball (1 Gold, 2 Bronze).

Guest Howard He Do It?!

This is completely ignorant, even if you are being sarcastic. How many great baseball players are not from America? Cabrera, Pujols, etc. How many great basketball players are not American? Nash, Nowitzki, etc. I think you get the picture.

No one country owns any sport.

Its funny you couldn't argue any of that though, especially being one of the ones complaining that Canadians are too arrogant and shouldn't have a claim to being the best at the sport.

Never once stated anything against it. Come off it already, fella. You lost, so did we. You just happened to have a massive collapse in the 3rd of the most important game. You continuing this argument is once again proving more arrogance by the second.

This is completely ignorant, even if you are being sarcastic. How many great baseball players are not from America? Cabrera, Pujols, etc. How many great basketball players are not American? Nash, Nowitzki, etc. I think you get the picture.

No one country owns any sport.

I'm not necessarily agreeing with the poster your debating with, but I have a hard time saying Canada doesn't produce a greater amount of talented hockey players than the USA. The same can be said for the US producing football players that no one in the world has come close to matching at this point.

Sidenote: Just because you can rattle off a few great players from other countries, doesn't mean those particular countries can produce the amount of top-end players as another country can.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I'm not necessarily agreeing with the poster your debating with, but I have a hard time saying Canada doesn't produce a greater amount of talented hockey players than the USA. The same can be said for the US producing football players that no one in the world has come close to matching at this point.

Sidenote: Just because you can rattle off a few great players from other countries, doesn't mean they can produce the amount of top-end players a particular country can.

We're not debating whether or not Canada produces more hockey players than other countries. They do. It's a fact. But to say Canada owns hockey is dumb.

We're not debating whether or not Canada produces more hockey players than other countries. They do. It's a fact. But to say Canada owns hockey is dumb.

Never did I claim it wasn't. I was simply stating the fact that Canada produces more top-end hockey players than the US. With that, the US produces leaps and bounds far more talented football players than any other country. Nothing more, nothing less.

Really??? You've always wondered if that's real? Come on!

Anyway, it's funny, if you talk to Pens fans, they complain about Pierre as well and suggest he hates Crosby and loves Richards and loves the Red Wings. Weird how different people can have completely different perspectives.

I was being a bit sarcastic, as I have mentioned many times in the past that Pierre is 4'10... but honestly, nothing with Crosby would ever surprise me... I mean if I didn't see it for myself I would think his playoff beard is a photoshoped picture of him with some pubes on his face.

Fixed it for yah.

Canada and Russia/USSR have the same amount of golds at the olympics. I'd say that makes them equals. Plus Russia/USSR have more golds at the World Championships than Canada. Except Canada does hold the slight edge in WJC championships over Russia/USSR.

I say it's debatable to who owns at hockey.

Never once stated anything against it. Come off it already, fella. You lost, so did we. You just happened to have a massive collapse in the 3rd of the most important game. You continuing this argument is once again proving more arrogance by the second.

Yeah theres 3 pages in here of Americans saying "Oh I'm glad those arrogant Canadians lost". But yeah as soon as I make a statement about why Canadians should in fact expect their teams to win every tournament, all you have to say is come off it.

So now tell me why exactly Canadians are arrogant for expecting to win when they enter these tournaments? Until then youre just an arrogant American jealous that Canadians are consistently a favourite in every IIHF tournament.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Never did I claim it wasn't. I was simply stating the fact that Canada produces more top-end hockey players than the US. With that, the US produces leaps and bounds far more talented football players than any other country. Nothing more, nothing less.

I never argued that the US produced more top-end hockey players than Canada. I don't think anyone did. I think the argument is centered around the fact that some people believe that Canada owns hockey because they invented it and produce more top-end players. Can you really take ownership of a sport?